Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,691

    Yankees' Starting Pitching Approach

    If you're Cashman, how would you handle getting the next major Yankees' SP? Otani would've been an affordable big name, but he chose the Angeles. Yu Darvish, a high end pitcher in his own right, will come at a significant cost and could be injury prone.

    Do the Yankees add an Alex Cobb to bolster the middle to latter part of the rotation with keeping Severino and Gray as the frontline starters? Do the Yankees trade for a Gerrit Cole to be their second ace along side Severino? Could the team add a Jonny Cueto since San Fran could use a new OF and prospects? Or do we go in the division to trade for a Chris Archer or try to seize Stroman from the Jays?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,657
    Give me CC on a one year deal unless a guy with long-term control like Archer, Stroman (is he even available?) or Fulmer can be had. Guys like Cole, Corbin, etc. are nice pieces but they aren't elite and only have 1-2 years left... I'd rather not give up multiple top prospects for them. Cobb isn't good enough to commit 4 years to like he's supposedly going to get. Darvish is older and has had injury issues. It's not sexy but the one year stop gap is the route to go barring a good price on a guy with long-term control. If not CC, then someone else.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,718
    I'm in for Fulmer, lesser so for Cole, but still in. I also like Sean Manea from Oakland, who is a lefty, if they could swing a deal with the A's. I'm not so sure on Corbin, who doesn't have the overall stuff that a Cole has, but he is left handed and can possibly be paired in a trade with their infielder.

    Otherwise, just sign Sabathia and call it a day or if you can trade Ellsbury for someone like Shark, do that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Give me CC on a one year deal unless a guy with long-term control like Archer, Stroman (is he even available?) or Fulmer can be had. Guys like Cole, Corbin, etc. are nice pieces but they aren't elite and only have 1-2 years left... I'd rather not give up multiple top prospects for them. Cobb isn't good enough to commit 4 years to like he's supposedly going to get. Darvish is older and has had injury issues. It's not sexy but the one year stop gap is the route to go barring a good price on a guy with long-term control. If not CC, then someone else.
    CC could be added back in addition to another high end SP. I still don't think I would pay CC for $13 mill in one year. That's what he might get and I expect him to pitch like 25 starts and have a 4.2 ERA because of age and past injury issues.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'm in for Fulmer, lesser so for Cole, but still in. I also like Sean Manea from Oakland, who is a lefty, if they could swing a deal with the A's. I'm not so sure on Corbin, who doesn't have the overall stuff that a Cole has, but he is left handed and can possibly be paired in a trade with their infielder.

    Otherwise, just sign Sabathia and call it a day or if you can trade Ellsbury for someone like Shark, do that.
    Idk why the Yankees want Corbin since he stats aren't impressive. Shark can eat innings, but I still think Cueto is the guy to go after from SF.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,382
    I agree with Patsfan, I'll take CC on a 1 yr deal with an option. He's a work horse and AL east proven. Keep the young arms ready just in case. Unless it's top shelf with some control, pass.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    17,910
    Signing CC is the only logical move to make. Cole is being overrated by some. Even though his velocity has increased each year, he always underachieves. Same with Fulmer, good pitcher, but not worth the cost. Honestly CC on a one year deal makes sense since itís not a long term commitment and doesnít block an Adams or Sheffield when they are ready.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,461
    If we end up with cc itís okay but his knee is in rough shape so I definitely want to shoot way higher first. Fulmer would be a great get.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    If we end up with cc itís okay but his knee is in rough shape so I definitely want to shoot way higher first. Fulmer would be a great get.
    Is Fulmer more of a high ceiling type of pitcher? I rather go get Stroman because I feel like Toronto is ready to be picked apart for a rebuild. They had their moments in the ALCS and couldn't capitalize. So it's only fair to rebuild now that the Bautista era is over. Only guy they should keep is Donaldson really because Stroman can get back major assets that they need since Guerrero Jr is bound to come up to give them a future name to build around as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Is Fulmer more of a high ceiling type of pitcher? I rather go get Stroman because I feel like Toronto is ready to be picked apart for a rebuild. They had their moments in the ALCS and couldn't capitalize. So it's only fair to rebuild now that the Bautista era is over. Only guy they should keep is Donaldson really because Stroman can get back major assets that they need since Guerrero Jr is bound to come up to give them a future name to build around as well.
    Blue Jays aren't going to trade him to the Yankees.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,189
    I'll take my chances with CC & cole with a few weeks of larry rothschild

    when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,648
    I've heard reported that the Yanks are looking at CC on a 1 year deal AND a younger guy with control if possible like Fullmer, Cole or on the outside Corbin...

    Personally, It sounds like the Yanks are giving CC a chance to go elsewhere if he gets a multi-year deal... but the yanks won't go there.. I don't like Cole or Fullmer... They have a small track record, but I'd be more comfortable with a 1 year CC deal and use our youth to go beyond. Cole and Fullmer both had really good rookie years.. but have not been that good since... Cole may be the Pirate ace... but beng the Ace on a bad team does not mean they are that good. Just better than bad... which can still be anywhere from Bad to true Ace... Fullmer is only OK... Cole is that as well. so I can leave those guys.. stay with the Rooks.. we're rebuilding.. so rebuild rather than buying someone elses guys... who will cost more both in $$$$ and prospects...

    The real question is: Whose on Third? I'll Assume torres on 2nd... we have enough for the rotation, but is Andujar ready?
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,338
    I'm not sold on Gerrit Cole or Patrick Corbin, especially if it means giving up Clint Frazier. I don't mind giving up Frazier in a deal for Fulmer though. Archer would be nice, but at what cost? Giants aren't trading us Shark for Ellsbury because they need Shark and don't really need Ellsbury.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    27,892
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I'm not sold on Gerrit Cole or Patrick Corbin, especially if it means giving up Clint Frazier. I don't mind giving up Frazier in a deal for Fulmer though. Archer would be nice, but at what cost? Giants aren't trading us Shark for Ellsbury because they need Shark and don't really need Ellsbury.
    Update your sig

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    25,698
    I echo the sentiment of all who stated, CC on a one year and the kids, unless a deal for Fulmer comes into play.
    Frazier is too good and partially proven at the MLB level to give up for Corbin or even Cole




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •