Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Do we Have a Shutdown Corner?

Xavien Howard

Xavien Howard - DB - Dolphins

Dolphins CB Xavien Howard was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 14.
    Howard was incredible in the Dolphins' upset win over the Patriots this past Monday night. He picked off Tom Brady twice, becoming only the second player to do so over the last 10 seasons, and Howard was simply terrific in coverage all night. Over the last three games, Pro Football Focus has charted Howard with seeing 17 targets in his coverage. He's allowed two catches for 30 yards in that span, while picking off four and swatting away four others.

Do we all Agree?
    or We need to see more

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by krest213 View Post
    Xavien Howard

Dolphins CB Xavien Howard was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 14.
    Howard was incredible in the Dolphins' upset win over the Patriots this past Monday night. He picked off Tom Brady twice, becoming only the second player to do so over the last 10 seasons, and Howard was simply terrific in coverage all night. Over the last three games, Pro Football Focus has charted Howard with seeing 17 targets in his coverage. He's allowed two catches for 30 yards in that span, while picking off four and swatting away four others.

Do we all Agree?
    or We need to see more
    If the Dolphins keep going with more man-to-man coverage, then 100% yes we have a legit 1CB in Howard. That is his game. He is physical. You can't succeed being a physical CB in a zone scheme. We've seen the failure that brings. We played man coverage against one of the greatest QB's of all time and we shut him down.

Tankersley might be one of the fastest players on team, period, too. And he can stick with his receiver well too.

I think if they truly stick with a man coverage scheme, we have a legit 1CB and 2CB on the roster already in Howard and Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If the Dolphins keep going with more man-to-man coverage, then 100% yes we have a legit 1CB in Howard. That is his game. He is physical. You can't succeed being a physical CB in a zone scheme. We've seen the failure that brings. We played man coverage against one of the greatest QB's of all time and we shut him down.

Tankersley might be one of the fastest players on team, period, too. And he can stick with his receiver well too.

I think if they truly stick with a man coverage scheme, we have a legit 1CB and 2CB on the roster already in Howard and Tank.
    i agree

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by krest213 View Post
    Xavien Howard

Looked like the real deal to me.

He has had two great games, let's hold the reins here a bit and see what he does the rest of the year.

Howard has been good since day 1 imo. he is for real. I thought he was the better pick than Tunsil

2 good games in a row. Playing in man more is great and the fact that he's not panicking as much when he loses deep is awesome. But Tank has been the best CB by far this year.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I think Howard has been the best CB we have had since he stepped on as a rookie and I don't even think its close. Tank has been burned a lot this yr. I think Howard is better than Reshad as well. before his injury I had Reshad as the #3 S behind Mathieu who I have at #1 still and Kam at #2 but Reshad hasn't returned to his former self yet. I love Howard and think he has a legit chance of being the best CB we ever had
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-16-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Hopefully he is. The last shutdown corner we had was Sean Smith according to Pro Football Focus.