Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who has a better chance to eliminate the Warriors: Rockets or Timberwolves?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timberwolves

1 6.25%
  • Rockets

13 81.25%
  • Neither team has a chance. 0%

4 25.00%
  • Both. Anything could happen in the playoffs

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who has a better chance to eliminate the Warriors: Rockets or Timberwolves?

I think the Rockets will have a better record than the Timberwolves.
    I think the Rockets would beat the Timberwolves in a 7 game series.

That being said... I think the Rockets are a terrible match-up for the Warriors. I think they are a worse version of the Warriors. I think players like Capela and Ryan Anderson would get exposed in that series.

Meanwhile... the Timberwolves have a big man who can exploit his size if the Warriors go small. An elite two-way player in Jimmy Butler. Plus talented offensive players Wiggins and Teague. Then they have some glue guys. The Timberwolves might play the Warriors and get swept but I think there is a higher ceiling with that roster in the playoffs if they gel and improve their defense and for those reasons I think the Timberwolves have a better chance to eliminate the Warriors than the Houston Rockets.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I would love to say the Wolves

If the Wolves would've been able to sign Millsap this summer I think they could've definitely given the Warriors a run for their money. As is, I'm going to say the Rockets. Towns is as bad as it gets defensively and they still for some reason have not given Jimmy the keys and told him to lead the team. He is averaging 23-5-5 on really good shooting numbers over his last 10 though so maybe they're moving that direction.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

i think roxs are the only team that can get hot enough to stay with the warriors,everytime i watch the wolves they're playing soft.

On paper both can compete with GS

if I had to chose I would lean slightly toward Houston just because they proved already this season they have the firepower to keep it close or actually beat GS

Houston can be down 14 start of the 4th qtr and win by 7, the Wolves would compete but I feel Houston can take it to 7 if both teams are healthy but would come up short because regardless of the wing defenders KD is something serious,Curry as well

The Thunder would have a better chance than this current Wolves team.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

The Rockets are better on offense and better on defense ... but somehow worse?

The Rockets are actually a pretty good matchup against the Warriors because they are not easy to guard, and PJ Tucker always seems to give the Warriors fits.

No, the Rockets are much more dangerous, especially after pumping up their wing defense this summer. This might be a worthy question in a couple years, but right now the Wolves defense is too far away from passable to compete, they're extremely shallow, they lack playoff experience, and they have not proven to be able to gel.

The Rockets have multiple superstars, a horde of elite 3pt shooters, a now legit D with lengthy wing defenders (Tucker, Moute), and an ATG level offense. We can't always count on Harden putting up a stinker in a closeout game, by and large he too has been deadly in the playoffs (as has CP3). Certainly trust them more than the Wolves.

Cavs. After the TD they will have the better team, BKN pick for Cousins.

The Wolves defense is miserable. If they can't stop bad teams from parking corner shooters and hitting on us, how are they stopping the Warriors? They also don't run an offense that will take advantage of the mismatches they do have on paper. It would be a 4-0 sweep against my Wolves. Rockets could get a game, maybe 2 if they get hot.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Rockets. The Wolves have the tools but just haven't figured it out defensively. And their offense is as old as Bill Russell.

Rox. T wolves are bad at defense. Like shockingly bad. The amount of open layups they give up, itís ridiculous. Especially given the fact that thibs and butler are there, I have yet to understand why this is happening

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Rox. T wolves are bad at defense. Like shockingly bad. The amount of open layups they give up, itís ridiculous. Especially given the fact that thibs and butler are there, I have yet to understand why this is happening
    because Butler can't guard Towns guy, nor Teague's. Both of whom are horrible defenders.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

LRMAM and Tucker are perfect tools to guard Durant and Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    because Butler can't guard Towns guy, nor Teague's. Both of whom are horrible defenders.
    How do you feel about Towns? I'm pretty disappointed, especially after watching last night. I figured this would be the year he leaps to a legit top 10 player.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast