Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bold Predictions....

We didn't have a before season "bold predictions" thread. Guess I will start one right before Dec 15th trade season begins. Hopefully we can get some whoppers and not the usual "We trade for DMC" - "We trade for PG" that have been run to the ground...

(I guess I just set myself up with the jokesters to come in here and just simply say "We trade for DMC" or "We trade for PG" lol)

My bold prediction - Brook (loser) Lopez wins a championship this season. Lakers will try and trade him but the FOs unwillingness to take on any salary after this season will not get them a trade done. They buy him out after the TD and he signs for the vet min with a title contender (most likely GS) and gets a ring. Damn Bastard

good thread...

I actually don't know what to expect from this FO

Could be something as simple as kcp/randle/2nd for PG13

I just don't think they will do anything to take on salary unless they get a PG13 or Cousins in the deal

If OKC is ready to give up on the experiment taking on Melo for one year will be the key and if you add Roberson it could be the key to getting rid of deng

but generally speaking they probably don't do anything other than look for a shooter

Yeah... just look fo ways to dump salary mostly.

Im sure they call okc and pels about those guys. Def.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/p...ntFieldGoalPct

Pick the cheapest guy from this list and go get him lol. I looked at luke babbit of the hawks. He's shooting 46% from three and hes on a 1 year deal. Obviously low impact bench guy but we need some spot up shooters in general.

And sorry for the lack of bold prediction. I dont honestly expect anything crazy to happen. Unless pg tells okc 100% hes walkin they'll prolly ride the experiment to the ground and see what happens.
    Last edited by LA4life24/8; 12-13-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Had this thread been made in the preseason, my bold prediction would be that Brandon ingram was going to win the most improved player award this year. Now here we are around 2 months into the season, I don't see how kristaps porzingis doesn't win the award unless he gets hurt.

My bold prediction is that Lonzo ball will slowly improve his field goal percentage over the season and bring it to just barely over 40% on the year (similar to how Ingram brought it up last year).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    good thread...

I actually don't know what to expect from this FO

Could be something as simple as kcp/randle/2nd for PG13

I just don't think they will do anything to take on salary unless they get a PG13 or Cousins in the deal

If OKC is ready to give up on the experiment taking on Melo for one year will be the key and if you add Roberson it could be the key to getting rid of deng

but generally speaking they probably don't do anything other than look for a shooter
    Melo can get rid of Deng by himself unless the Lakers are putting some of the cap for 2019, and I don't want that cancer here.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post

My bold prediction - Brook (loser) Lopez wins a championship this season. Lakers will try and trade him but the FOs unwillingness to take on any salary after this season will not get them a trade done. They buy him out after the TD and he signs for the vet min with a title contender (most likely GS) and gets a ring. Damn Bastard
    I actually can totally see that happening.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Melo can get rid of Deng by himself unless the Lakers are putting some of the cap for 2019, and I don't want that cancer here.
    of course he can but that doesn't do anything for the Thunder...

If the Thunder are blowing it up they are going to want to unload more than Melo...

Melo can also be bought out after he opts in ... which I am sure would be worked out before the trade since he has to approve any trade...

PG13/Melo/Roberson for KCP/Deng/Lopez/Randle/1st rounder gets it done

I don't expect much to happen, I think Lopez could help the depth of a team that GS, but I'm not sure there is much incentive on our end to buy him out, he's a good locker room guy and I could see him playing out the year with us. Magic has already said that if we can't sign two stars this offseason that we won't spend our cap space just to spend it and could keep some room for the following year... that being said I don't even expect us to move Deng, I think Lopez and KCP are the only guys that could help a contender as the rest of our roster is too young, neither of these guys would have much trade value as they become free agents at the end of the year so maybe I could see moving one or both for a second round pick if takers, but outside of that I don't expect anything to happen.

I don't even see us moving Deng, I think we wait until the offseason and if we have two stars willing to sign then we scramble to move Deng and package him with whoever we can or need to, if we can't sign two guys I think he just ride his contract out and not give up anything to move it... this would suck for Deng so maybe he would try and find a different solution but I can see us going that direction. There's no point in giving up young assets to clear cap space we might not need.

I could even see us holding onto Randle and if he gets no offers and we can't sign the stars we want then we pick up his qualifying offer which I think is 5.5 mil and we keep him another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    of course he can but that doesn't do anything for the Thunder...

If the Thunder are blowing it up they are going to want to unload more than Melo...

Melo can also be bought out after he opts in ... which I am sure would be worked out before the trade since he has to approve any trade...

PG13/Melo/Roberson for KCP/Deng/Lopez/Randle/1st rounder gets it done
    I mean... gets us george and gets rid of deng... But means no boogie or bron. And it means a year of watching old man melo Jack up shots. Unless they just bench him. Which i doubt lol...

Ughj thats a tough call imo. But it would give us another massive expiring foe 2019 free agency i suppose.

Lebron signs with the Lakers this FA and everyone flips out.

Jordan Clarkson will play 30 minutes next game..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Jordan Clarkson will play 30 minutes next game..
    Lol we could only hope, ridiculous how Littleís he plays when he can play PG/SG.

So much for the bold predictions lol. Just a a lot more of PG to the Lakers regurgitation. LBJ to the Lakers lol...

Speaking of OKC, I really doubt they include Melo in a trade involving PG and I'm damn certain they ain't taking Deng in any deal for PG. They can just offer Randle big money that LA won't match.

If anything IMO it would look more like this:

Lopez, KCP, Nance & draft pick for PG & Adams.

If OKC would put PG on the block I'm sure Cleveland would be very tempted to offer the Brooklyn pick along with their own 1st.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 12-13-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    So much for the bold predictions lol. Just a a lot more of PG to the Lakers regurgitation. LBJ to the Lakers lol...

Speaking of OKC, I really doubt they include Melo in a trade involving PG and I'm damn certain they ain't taking Deng in any deal for PG. They can just offer Randle big money that LA won't match.

If anything IMO it would look more like this:

Lopez, KCP, Nance & draft pick for PG & Adams.

If OKC would put PG on the block I'm sure Cleveland would be very tempted to offer the Brooklyn pick along with their own 1st.
    Maybe you didnít read mine??

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Maybe you didnít read mine??
    I did see yours and I gotta say, talk about bold...

You really got out there on that one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast