Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Are the Rockets the best team in the league?

Their record says so, so there's that obvious fact.

But they are out-Warrioring the Warriors. Harden and Gordon are jacking up 20 3's per game between them alone. Anderson, Paul, and Ariza are jacking up about another 20. Then LMAM, Tucker, and Brown are all hoisting up their share. And these dudes are hitting a crazy amount of these shots.

Between Harden, Anderson, Paul, and Ariza, they are throwing up 30 3' a game at .400. That is INSANE (36 points a game on those 30 shots).

Their guys are rebounding fairly well across the board. Passing. And yes, playing defense.

I realize the Warriors have the names, but the Rockets are playing like NBA champions right now.

This will of course be sorted out in the playoffs, but for the regular season, I can't see na argument for any other team right now.

Oh.. and they are undefeated with CP3 in the line-up.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Plenty of teams "out Warrior" the Warriors when it comes to 3pt shooting. They're not even top 5 in attempts. They just shoot them at the highest clip. Houston was taking 40+ attempts last season as well (Warriors 30-32 attempts, same as the year before that, same as this year). The Warriors have the slight lead in SRS still, and frankly I think they're just biding their time until the playoffs these days. If a series started today the Warriors would be the favorites, and are certainly considered the best team in the NBA still. So, that's their argument.

Nobody will fully believe in the Rockets because fair or not playoff Harden is not trusted to lead a team to the title. CP3 has a similar stigma surrounding him. But with Tucker and Mbah Moute they've bolstered their wing defense/ lineup versatility and they are obviously a highly, highly potent team. If the season ended today they would go down as a top 10 SRS in NBA history, which if you look at that list is not an insignificant stat.

If they go into the playoffs at full strength, I don't expect any team but the Warriors at full strength to beat them. But no, they're not the best team in the NBA.

3. 12-12-2017, 10:01 PM
    Reason
    enough

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Plenty of teams "out Warrior" the Warriors when it comes to 3pt shooting. They're not even top 5 in attempts. They just shoot them at the highest clip. Houston was taking 40+ attempts last season as well (Warriors 30-32 attempts, same as the year before that, same as this year). The Warriors have the slight lead in SRS still, and frankly I think they're just biding their time until the playoffs these days. If a series started today the Warriors would be the favorites, and are certainly considered the best team in the NBA still. So, that's their argument.

Nobody will fully believe in the Rockets because fair or not playoff Harden is not trusted to lead a team to the title. CP3 has a similar stigma surrounding him. But with Tucker and Mbah Moute they've bolstered their wing defense/ lineup versatility and they are obviously a highly, highly potent team. If the season ended today they would go down as a top 10 SRS in NBA history, which if you look at that list is not an insignificant stat.

If they go into the playoffs at full strength, I don't expect any team but the Warriors at full strength to beat them. But no, they're not the best team in the NBA.
    I agree with pretty much everything said here. I love the Rockets, and I wish I could say with a straight face that they're the best team in the NBA, but you have to prove it in the playoffs and they haven't yet.

They may end up having the beat record in the league and even the best SRS and point differential, but that doesn't make you the best team. That being said, they'll get a chance to prove it in a few months, and they've got a pretty damn good shot to...

The top teams today outside of Cleveland+Warriors+Spurs all have to prove themselves. Especially the Rockets and any team CP3 is on. Numerous breakdowns from CP3+Harden that has a pattern. I mean, as good as Harden has been, remember his last playoffs game last year? That was terrible.

I'm a believer. I think all Harden needed was a true running mate. He didn't have that last year. Together I think he and CP3 will cover for each other and come through if the other is having a bad game.

I think the Rockets have a better chance than ever before of winning a title.

With that said, the best team is the Warriors. Don't even gotta use stats for this one. They're the favorites, they're the team to beat.

They are poor man's Warriors. Second best team in the league, I believe they are better than CLE.

Its not a bad spot to be in though, any injury to GSW might give HOU a legit chance of knocking them out.

The entirety of the Rockets core are considered playoff chokers (Harden, CP3 and D'Antoni), fair or not. Until such time as they prove it in the playoffs, people will continue to doubt them.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The entirety of the Rockets core are considered playoff chokers (Harden, CP3 and D'Antoni), fair or not. Until such time as they prove it in the playoffs, people will continue to doubt them.
    100% zero faith in those three. I consider them no threat at all to win the title. Even without GS being around I think Cavs, Spurs with Kawhi, and even Boston would win a playoff series against them.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So, I'm not surprised by the response in this thread. Everyone brings up the past history of Harden, Paul and D'Antoni, and (fair or not) I at least understand it.

But if that is the popular opinion of them, then the better question might be: What does this Rockets team have to do to change your opinion of those three guys in the playoffs? Would a WCF appearance and a tough 6 or 7-game series with the Warriors be enough? Do they need to make it to the finals? Or do they have to win the whole damn thing?

I would love to live in a world where those guys got the respect they deserve, but I worry that it's an impossibility as long as this Warriors core is together.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    100% zero faith in those three. I consider them no threat at all to win the title. Even without GS being around I think Cavs, Spurs with Kawhi, and even Boston would win a playoff series against them.
    God I wish the Rockets were in the East. Harden and Paul vs. a team with only one proven go-to scorer and a ton of young guys playing big minutes? The Rockets would gladly face Boston in the postseason.

Don't sleep on the rockets...

Morey is gonna kill it in the buyout market

Players will move to them in DROVES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So, I'm not surprised by the response in this thread. Everyone brings up the past history of Harden, Paul and D'Antoni, and (fair or not) I at least understand it.

But if that is the popular opinion of them, then the better question might be: What does this Rockets team have to do to change your opinion of those three guys in the playoffs? Would a WCF appearance and a tough 6 or 7-game series with the Warriors be enough? Do they need to make it to the finals? Or do they have to win the whole damn thing?

I would love to live in a world where those guys got the respect they deserve, but I worry that it's an impossibility as long as this Warriors core is together.
    My biggest issue with them isn't that they lost, but that their teams lost spectacularly. Harden has been knocked out a couple times IIRC with some terrrrrrrible last game performances, and while Paul has been had decent numbers his teams have collapsed. I think that if they make the WCF they are in good shape, or even if they don't as long as they push their opponent HARD and don't have any melt downs.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Their record says so, so there's that obvious fact.

But they are out-Warrioring the Warriors. Harden and Gordon are jacking up 20 3's per game between them alone. Anderson, Paul, and Ariza are jacking up about another 20. Then LMAM, Tucker, and Brown are all hoisting up their share. And these dudes are hitting a crazy amount of these shots.

Between Harden, Anderson, Paul, and Ariza, they are throwing up 30 3' a game at .400. That is INSANE (36 points a game on those 30 shots).

Their guys are rebounding fairly well across the board. Passing. And yes, playing defense.

I realize the Warriors have the names, but the Rockets are playing like NBA champions right now.

This will of course be sorted out in the playoffs, but for the regular season, I can't see na argument for any other team right now.

Oh.. and they are undefeated with CP3 in the line-up.

this will not sit well with the nerd efficient geeks because 36 points on 30 shots is horrible and I don't care if they are taking 3pt or 4pt shots, that is horrible efficiency until you recognize the system/style that's in place then it makes it look good, same goes for players who are forced to shoot 25 times a game and they manage to shoot 40pct

but to answer your question I would say they are at worst tied for best team since GS holds that title with 3 straight Finals trips, but the Rockets have 2 legit MVP caliber candidates with 1 of them leading the MVP voting as we stand here today

being undefeated with CP3 in lineup puts him in MVP talks off that alone, though its a small sample size here I tend to look at his Clippers tenure with him and without him in lineup, the w-l record speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The top teams today outside of Cleveland+Warriors+Spurs all have to prove themselves. Especially the Rockets and any team CP3 is on. Numerous breakdowns from CP3+Harden that has a pattern. I mean, as good as Harden has been, remember his last playoffs game last year? That was terrible.
    Have you ever played the game at any level and it was just you who had to do it all on the offensive end? if you did then you would know at any point you could have a bad stretch and Harden just had it at the time when the season was on the line, now subtract that 1 playoff game and look at the other 88 games he had prior to that

remember Jordan in 96' Finals? to his standards he played horrible and even worse when Karl decided to turn loose Payton on him I think after game 3, but Jordan had Pippen and a few others to provide the lockdown d and rebounds to match Sonics and offset his unJordan like performance

you guys put too much emphasis on 1 game and gloss over the other 90 because Harden delivered in pretty much all of them and he was available and he played hurt I think with that wrist in that playoffs as well, he hurt it in like one of the final 3 games of the reg. season but lets gloss over that as well

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast