Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

WTF is Clint Capela?

People were stoked for CP3 and Harden to be sharing the back court together: this dude is flying under the radar in Houston.

He's the reason they don't miss Dwight Howard.

Dude is posting 15 boards per36 and is grabbing 11 boards per game while getting less than 26 minutes, AND even though he isn't shooting 3's, he's one of the most efficient offensive players in the league, posting .677 from the field! PEr36, he's posting over a steal and a 2.5 blocks per game.

Thoughts on this guy so far? How important is he to Houston?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I feel like we just had a capela thread recently. Maybe I'm wrong.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I feel like we just had a capela thread recently. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Maybe... my bad if so... didn't see it.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Maybe... my bad if so... didn't see it.
    I don't know. But I do know that Clint is a stud.

Agile. Quick snatcher for putbacks. Absolute beast at lobs. Athletic. Probably one of the best at running fast breaks for his size. He's everything Houston needs and Houston is everything he needs as well.

No one in Houston is sleeping on Capella. They talk about him almost as much as they do Harden.

If Rox fans don't appreciate him I sure would. Give y'all TT + Cavs first and take Rhyno's contract off your hands for Cap.

Extra added bonus is LeBron might wanna go there even more with his boy Tristan there.

He's efficiency is certainly a main reason why theyv be been successful. It's truly a big three with him, harden and Paul when you look at his PER

When I seen him a few years ago I felt hed be pretty good. Not surprised

There was already a thread about this like a week ago, but I'll reiterate my thoughts on Capela.

I love the guy, and I've been very pleased with his production and progression this season. That being said, he really has one elite skill: finding a way to get to the basket. His agility and ability to weave between defenders to catch lobs make him the perfect center for this system and the perfect pick and roll partner for Harden. But when you consider that 81 percent of his shots this season have been assisted on, according to 82games, that kind of puts his elite efficiency into perspective. By comparison, 66 percent of Deandre Jordan's shots come from assists.

He's certainly improved as a free throw shooter and rebounder, which helps his efficiency, but he's not exactly creating for himself a ton. He occasionally will take a defender off the dribble from the top of the key or post up smaller guys for an easy layup or jump hook, but he's not exactly Hakeem Olajuwon. Defensively, he's very good, but he often can get beat up on the interior by bigger, stronger centers. He could still use to add a few pounds on that end, but I also think it could hurt his agility on the offensive end.

Taking all that into account, I honestly don't know that there's a better fit in the entire NBA for the system that the Rockets run. You could replace him with Joel Embiid or DeMarcus Cousins, and this team wouldn't get significantly better; in fact, they'd probably be worse. But I also don't think he'll be making All-Star teams anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

above average player in the absolute best system for him

Wouldn't perform near as well on almost any other team...

Agile big, could do good in any system with movement. Kinda like javale in our system, all you need is a crease and a great dual threat ball handler
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    He's efficiency is certainly a main reason why theyv be been successful. It's truly a big three with him, harden and Paul when you look at his PER
    I saw somewhere they had him ranked like 7th in mvp and that was because of his PER

what makes it even sadder is that at 14 and 11 he is sitting 7th in mvp/PER or something like that

14/11 is not NBA mvp numbers no matter how you try and PERslice it, maybe team mvp if he didn't have Harden and CP3 as mates

Z Randolph had a nice 20/10 stretch and I bet he didn't crack the mvp voting top 5 one time during that period, if I am wrong someone correct me quickly

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    People were stoked for CP3 and Harden to be sharing the back court together: this dude is flying under the radar in Houston.

He's the reason they don't miss Dwight Howard.

Dude is posting 15 boards per36 and is grabbing 11 boards per game while getting less than 26 minutes, AND even though he isn't shooting 3's, he's one of the most efficient offensive players in the league, posting .677 from the field! PEr36, he's posting over a steal and a 2.5 blocks per game.

Thoughts on this guy so far? How important is he to Houston?
    Is this a serious post?

Haven't you been watching the NBA a while? He's shined in the playoffs for a few seasons now. Good Lord lol.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    When I seen him a few years ago I felt hed be pretty good. Not surprised
    Exactly lol. Feel like jasonjohnhorn is around enough to remember / know Capela from his first season. Really blew my mind he got brought up here like some unknown.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast