Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rox getting Shaw

Figured he'd find a 2-3 year deal somewhere and be in demand. He throws a lot of innings. He was under valued in Cleveland because of their depth. Good reliever.

Over his 5 years in Cleveland. He has averaged 72 innings per year with a 136 ERA+. Entering his age 30 season.

Durable and now Jeff Bridich said to be going hard after Wade Davis.

Mets are either asleep at wheel, are penny pinching douchebags, or are some combination of both. Missed out on Minor, Shaw, and Hunter - three top guys on Sandy’s wishlist.

Good deal for the Rockies, I hope they keep padding their pen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them the Dodgers and Arizona fighting for first place.

They also signed McGee.

**** Sandy

Closing in on Holland as well

Loading up the pen in Colorado isn't a bad idea.

Have that rotation net you 5 innings per night, have the pen figure out the other 4. Not a bad strategy, especially considering their payroll constraints.

His last couple years were shaky. Gave up a lot of big hits in key spots. lost his setup role. He's a durable pitcher who has logged some innings. But not what he once was. Def not at 9mill per.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    His last couple years were shaky. Gave up a lot of big hits in key spots. lost his setup role. He's a durable pitcher who has logged some innings. But not what he once was. Def not at 9mill per.
    He just had his best FIP season of his career and his third best WPA season (2015 was worse)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He just had his best FIP season of his career and his third best WPA season (2015 was worse)
    Lost his setup role and was not used in clutch situations as much. Injury to Miller helped Shaw get back in late game action but was very shaky. 9mil wow.

Shaw has one of his worse seasons. Highest ERA, hits, runs etc... in his career. Solid guy for sure. but man the mony these former indians are making is crazy lol. Santana 20 freaking million, Shaw 9.