Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Matt Barnes: HOFer?

Clickbait title? Maybe a little. Obviously the resounding answer is 'No.' But he's retiring, and I think it's worth showing the guy some love.

However, I gotta say, I loved watching this guy play. He was all hustle and busted his @$$ off every time I saw him on the court.

Matt Barnes has officially retired, and the scrappy defender/journeyman, who changed teams 12 times (including two tenures with the Warriors and Kings), struggled to get minutes his first few years, but left his mark and earned a reputation as a hard working guy.

What are your thoughts on Matt Barnes?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Derek Fisher ****ed his Ex wife.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Derek Fisher ****ed his Ex wife.
    ^^

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

I pulled for him ever since his first ten day contract with the clips, he's a self made NBA player, always carved a role out of any squad regardless of cast or system

His interaction with Kobe is one of my all-time fave.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

You forgot to mention he couldn't make kobe flinch

I felt bad when we offered him a deal but we had to take it back because BC didn't know how the salary cap worked.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I felt bad when we offered him a deal but we had to take it back because BC didn't know how the salary cap worked.
    I remember that. I was really hoping he'd come on board. And that would have been his biggest pay-day (he deserved it).

How does a GM not know that $#!t thought? When I heard that back then, I was like: I know that. How does this guy even have a job?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I'm actually really disappointed he retired. I was really looking forward to him going head-to-head against PJ Tucker this season so I could watch Tucker knock him the **** out.

Seriously, though, there are few guys in the NBA over the years who I have genuinely disliked as people, and Matt Barnes is one of them. But you could make a strong argument that there's a skill in being that detestable. Barnes just found a way to get under your skin and make you want to reach through the television to strangle him.

That being said, he will not be missed by me. There's a special place in my own personal hell for players like him...

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I pulled for him ever since his first ten day contract with the clips, he's a self made NBA player, always carved a role out of any squad regardless of cast or system
    Well said. Great post.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

**** that guy. He was an *******. And no, he isn't a Hall of Famer. What a dumb question.

He is going to run his mouth to the wrong guy in a bar and get stabbed to death within 5 years...

just saying

No

Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    You forgot to mention he couldn't make kobe flinch
    savage.

The following year Kobe recruited Barnes to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm actually really disappointed he retired. I was really looking forward to him going head-to-head against PJ Tucker this season so I could watch Tucker knock him the **** out.

Seriously, though, there are few guys in the NBA over the years who I have genuinely disliked as people, and Matt Barnes is one of them. But you could make a strong argument that there's a skill in being that detestable. Barnes just found a way to get under your skin and make you want to reach through the television to strangle him.

That being said, he will not be missed by me. There's a special place in my own personal hell for players like him...
    yep. Many times, a championship team needs a guy like that. Patrick Beverly is like that (though I don't question him as a man, just on the court). Bruce Bowen, or even Draymond.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast