Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tabor should be solid.

I honestly like the Quinn drafts so far he hasn't addressed some of the glaring needs but he has addressed a lot of our needs. He also has turned our secondary into a pretty good unit if the dline could only get to the qb. The biggest change is depth for this team IMO. We have lost so much on he defensive line and he cobbled something together that resembles an actual unit. Its not great but if guys like Zettle and Spence were relieving actual starters this team would be much stronger.

Just curious to how long Kris Kocurek stays a position coach because the man is able to work wonders for guys even when he has nothing to really work with.

I just don't see how there is anyway we do not address the obvious deficiencies at DT, DE, and RB.

I also wouldn't be shocked if we look to get a new starting LG and move Glasgow to C.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Winston sucks so I'll hold off an opinion after a larger sample size.

great read

AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 30-38-12 Points: 72
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers 13-18
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 26-11 ACC: 11-7 Good Season Boys!
    Florida State Seminoles #timeforthetaggartera

Isn't it funny. The question asked who do you want to replace Caldwell and OC / DC. Three pages of replies and only a couple of answers to the question . Somebody even said a college coach and wouldn't even say who. Many of you aren't happy but don't have a solution. Its easy to say FIRE Caldwell and replace him but you can't say with whom. Talked about everything except who the replacement would be. This is exactly what I said a week or so ago in another thread. The good head coaches are already coaching good teams. As I said before I think Caldwell is doing a good job considering what he is working with. He's been the winningest coach we have had in 17 years. I'm for giving him more time to get us where we need to be. We are very close in my mind. If we can sure up our defense and get some help on the offensive line we can be a top tier team. We have the best or one of the best field goal kickers so if we can stay close we always have a chance to win. I still think we win out . If we don't make the playoffs we would still be ending the season on a posititive note.
    Last edited by JackB; 12-14-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Isn't it funny. The question asked who do you want to replace Caldwell and OC / DC. Three pages of replies and only a couple of answers to the question . Somebody even said a college coach and wouldn't even say who. Many of you aren't happy but don't have a solution. Its easy to say FIRE Caldwell and replace him but you can't say with whom. Talked about everything except who the replacement would be. This is exactly what I said a week or so ago in another thread. The good head coaches are already coaching good teams. As I said before I think Caldwell is doing a good job considering what he is working with. He's been the winningest coach we have had in 17 years. I'm for giving him more time to get us where we need to be. We are very close in my mind. If we can sure up our defense and get some help on the offensive line we can be a top tier team. We have the best or one of the best field goal kickers so if we can stay close we always have a chance to win. I still think we win out . If we don't make the playoffs we would still be ending the season on a posititive note.
    Honestly for me

Jon Gruden - I would like to see where he could take Stafford with him on board, but I am not sure he really wants to leave his commentating job.

McDaniels - I would love to get the Pats style offense here in Detroit. Someone goes down and they seem to just plug someone else in and they keep going. But knowing out luck he would suck with us.

Now defensive side I wouldn't mind Philips/George Edwards/Patricia. Philips was a head noah before was just ok though, Patricia and that D looked bad to start the year but seem to be looking better and Edwards has been great D wise but we really can't tell if he is ready for a head coaching gig or not.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    It doesn't matter. We've had how many GMS, coaches & OCs now that end up with the same results. Maybe we get really lucky one year and win a playoff game.

The way this team is built & how they gameplay is flawed, and will always be flawed until it is completely revamped from the top floor down. Unfortunately, I don't think Bob Quinn is the top floor. Thats my problem.

So which coach do I want? Al Pacino. At least we'd be marketable enough to merit a playoff appearance.
    Last edited by whooligun; 12-14-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    It doesn't matter. We've had how many GMS, coaches & OCs now that end up with the same results. Maybe we get really lucky one year and win a playoff game.

The way this team is built & how they gameplay is flawed, and will always be flawed until it is completely revamped from the top floor down. Unfortunately, I don't think Bob Quinn is the top floor. Thats my problem.

So which coach do I want? Al Pacino. At least we'd be marketable enough to merit a playoff appearance.
    He took the Miami Sharks to the playoffs... with a 3rd string QB no less.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 12-14-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Wayne Fontes..... I still remember some of his halftime talks with the reports on the field
    Report - So what are you going to do to stop them on defense
    Fontes - Give the ball to Barry

Reporter - Special teams seem to be a mess today, how can you shore that up?
    Fontes - Give the ball to Barry

Reporter - That Barry injury looks like it could keep him out the rest the game. How are you going to get his production from the others out there.
    Fontes - Give the ball to Barry.
    can't lose with this philosophy. they give it to barry, touchdown sanders.
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post

So which coach do I want? Al Pacino. At least we'd be marketable enough to merit a playoff appearance
    I truly believe this isn't a joke. You would legitimately hire him if you could

You are making my point. Easy to say replace but nobody is coming up with a solid answer. You guys continue to play fantasy football and I'll sit tight with Caldwell for this year and next unless the FO thinks otherwise. I don't see a better replacement that can be realistically had.
    I like Jon Gruden as well. He would have to give up an easy job to take over any team. Would he want to coach in Detroit? We wouldn't be the only team looking for his services. He's coached in two warm climates. Why would he want to spend more than half his year in Detroit ? Would his family want to live in the area? Not saying its a bad play but given the choices he could have I just have to ask why ?
    Somebody mentioned they didn't want retreads. If a coach gets fired for not doing the job why would we want him ? We all know we aren't getting Bele-CHICK ( no idea why its pronounced Bele - CHECK ) . Pete Carroll isn't going anywhere. As I said before. The good coaches are already coaching. I like our chances with Caldwell. He's won .Thats more than we can say about most of the previous coaches the last 14 years or more.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

No Gruden

If I was in a position to hire the next coach, it sure as hell wouldnt be someone who would run this Ford style offense. Id build a real football team.

If I was just in it for the paycheck like my predecessors, then Id ask Pacino for sure.

fun fact, Caldwell actually has a better career win % than Gruden

Gruden 95-81, 54%
    Caldwell 60-49, 55%

fun fact, Caldwell actually has a better career win % than Gruden

Gruden 95-81, 54%
    Caldwell 60-49, 55%
    Gruden makes funny faces though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast