Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Do we really believe foles has the same arm talent that wentz has?

The receiving weapons on this team, do not create separation. Not well, not at an average level. They're actually bad at it. This is factual information.

Wentz has the highest percentage of passing attempts to recievers with less than 1 yard of separation.

Also, has the 32nd separation per target attempt in the league.

If you think the eagles will win with Nick foles, you are believing in at least one of the following.

1. Foles has the same, or close to the same arm talent has Carson.

2. Doug P, will tweak his offense and create more separation.

3. The running game and defense will be enough.

4. Wentz is consistently making the wrong play. And Nick foles will be better.
    Last edited by txravis12; 12-12-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added#4

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Do we really believe foles has the same arm talent that wentz has?

The receiving weapons on this team, do not create separation. Not well, not at an average level. They're actually bad at it. This is factual information.

Wentz has the highest percentage of passing attempts to recievers with less than 1 yard of separation.

Also, has the 32nd separation per target attempt in the league.

If you think the eagles will win with Nick foles, you are believing in at least one of the following.

1. Foles has the same, or close to the same arm talent has Carson.

2. Doug P, will tweak his offense and create more separation.

3. The running game and defense will be enough.

4. Wentz is consistently making the wrong play. And Nick foles will be better.
    No I don't believe foles has the talent that Wentz does. I think Wentz has far greater physical tools and is also able to pick apart a defense by looking at defenses presnap and changing protections and plays better than nick can.

That being said, I was pretty upset about Wentz going down but I really do think Eagles can keep it going without him. Imo, two things definitely need to happen for the Eagles to keep rolling. 1. The running game needs to dominate and 2. The defense needs to dominate. Both are capable, if they do their part I think foles can be good enough to help the Eagles in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

BTW, wouldn't it be cool if Wentz could have the coaches mic to be able to talk to foles during the game? It'd be cool to see Wentz tell foles to change protection to left side or change play to run up A gap etc etc.

Likely won't happen, but would be cool

Your baby can't do this

BDawk - O.K. It looks like the shock has worn off. Eagles fans are getting back on the horse. As Carson said - Next man up.
    Let's get back to the business at hand - Beating the Giants - which is what they MUST do.
    I think that we are ready for our Eagles-Giants game thread.

Saddle up *****es.

"If you a dawg, be a dawg!"

I hate the next man up thing, it's a freaking QB, we are done.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I hate the next man up thing, it's a freaking QB, we are done.
    I guess you won't be watching anymore or even posting on this site. We'll let you know how they do in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I guess you won't be watching anymore or even posting on this site. We'll let you know how they do in the playoffs.
    Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    No I don't believe foles has the talent that Wentz does. I think Wentz has far greater physical tools and is also able to pick apart a defense by looking at defenses presnap and changing protections and plays better than nick can.

That being said, I was pretty upset about Wentz going down but I really do think Eagles can keep it going without him. Imo, two things definitely need to happen for the Eagles to keep rolling. 1. The running game needs to dominate and 2. The defense needs to dominate. Both are capable, if they do their part I think foles can be good enough to help the Eagles in the playoffs.

They already do, what they need to do is stop committing turnovers and cut down on the penalties. If we didn't have those 2 turnovers defense only gives up 20 points to a great offense, which is good enough. 2nd is the penalties, how many times did we end up in 3rd long because of penalties and Wentz was able to bail us out on those. I don't think Foles is capable of that. I think even with Foles this offense is good enough to score at least 20-25 points if we eliminate those 2 issues because we have a defense that good enough to not allow more than 20, we should be in good shape . Those are 2 big ifs but are avoidable.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Just watched BDNís press conference.

Heís got this.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    They already do, what they need to do is stop committing turnovers and cut down on the penalties. If we didn't have those 2 turnovers defense only gives up 20 points to a great offense, which is good enough. 2nd is the penalties, how many times did we end up in 3rd long because of penalties and Wentz was able to bail us out on those. I don't think Foles is capable of that. I think even with Foles this offense is good enough to score at least 20-25 points if we eliminate those 2 issues because we have a defense that good enough to not allow more than 20, we should be in good shape . Those are 2 big ifs but are avoidable.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
    This is a great point. The eagles have been able to keep drives going because of wentz amazing ability to convert 3rd and long situations on a consistent basis. The running game will have to keep the chains moving because I'm not as confident that foles can convert those 3rd and long as often.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Heís got this.
    Damn right.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Heís got this.
    I need to see it. Haven't yet