Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McCown has a broken hand

Looks like we will end up 5-11.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Too bad, I was enjoying watching him play (not counting today's game)

Sucks for him but best possible news for the team

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Sucks for him but best possible news for the team
    I really like him but at this point, I completely agree. We are toast tin the hopes of getting into the playoffs.
    Let's see what Petty can do and maybe even give Hack some time on the field.
    Petty looked god awful. Rust? I don't know. We will see on sunday.
    My worry is that McCown's break isn't as bad as they thought and he heroically returns for some foolish reason.
    I can hear Bowles, "Josh is a tough guy. We wants to be there for his guys. He wants to be out there and compete. Dr said he's good to go so we're going with him"

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I think at this point we really need to see hackenberg!! we know what we have in petty, he seemed to have a rocket arm slinging the ball but his accuracy was terrrrible, rust or not you are a NFL quarterback, cant have rust if you practice everyday!! he is usually the scout team quarterback
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

I'd like to see Hack the rest of the way. If he's good and we win another game or two, fine. Maybe we realize we have something in him. If he sucks, that's fine too cuz then we'll finish 5-11

Play Hackenberg. Petty sucks.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

I'd love to see Hack but they will play Petty. Hopefully they give Hack some time or Petty does fo badly that they have to play Hack.

Petty has looked good at times, and Iím sure there is a reason they wonít start hack.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Petty has looked good at times, and Iím sure there is a reason they wonít start hack.
    I get people not liking him as a pick. I loved it.
    Right now as it stands, it's a wasted pick. If the kid doesn't even see the field, it's a thrown away pick. Give him a chance to show that he's a bust. The idea of not playing him is strange.

Petty will get injured so he will have his shot unless they bring in another vet QB to backup Petty.
    Kap time!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I get people not liking him as a pick. I loved it.
    Right now as it stands, it's a wasted pick. If the kid doesn't even see the field, it's a thrown away pick. Give him a chance to show that he's a bust. The idea of not playing him is strange.

Petty will get injured so he will have his shot unless they bring in another vet QB to backup Petty.
    Kap time!!! lol
    Hack not getting PT is probably the result of him being terrible in practice. I'm sure we'd all like to see him get some reps now that mccown is done and the season is over, but it's pretty telling that they're still going with petty (whom we've all seen before and has been utterly unimpressive). I think we all just need to accept that duff **** the bed wasting a 2nd rounder on hack.

What a bust of a signing. This move to bring in McCown ruined our future. 5 meaningless wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    What a bust of a signing. This move to bring in McCown ruined our future. 5 meaningless wins.
    I get what you're saying, we'll probably watch the Giants win two Super Bowls with Sam Darnold over the next 15 years, but I think we can take some positives out of this

1- I didn't want to see Bowles get fired
    2- I think Johnnie Morton is a good OC
    3- We may have something good in Robbie, Kearse, and ASJ
    4- Confirms we have a horrific Oline and we spend our first 3 picks beefing it up as well as a big FA acquisition
    5- The defense showed a bit of pride

Overall, this team didn't fold and go 0-16. They showed something which may boost their confidence when this team gets built

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I get what you're saying, we'll probably watch the Giants win two Super Bowls with Sam Darnold over the next 15 years, but I think we can take some positives out of this

1- I didn't want to see Bowles get fired
    2- I think Johnnie Morton is a good OC
    3- We may have something good in Robbie, Kearse, and ASJ
    4- Confirms we have a horrific Oline and we spend our first 3 picks beefing it up as well as a big FA acquisition
    5- The defense showed a bit of pride

Overall, this team didn't fold and go 0-16. They showed something which may boost their confidence when this team gets built
    All good points I agree

People can get on McCown all they want; personally, I'd like him back for next year. Here are 2 things to consider when talking about the NY Jets and quite honestly, you can label this year as "lost opportunity." The Jets, if my math is correct, 49 points in 7 games from being 11-3 or 12-2 right now and the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC. That is not all on the QB. That is basically a couple plays here and there on both sides of the ball.

Second of all, the Minnesota Vikings, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the LA Rams are a combined 31-11 this year and all 3 are likely going to win their divisions and host a playoff game or two. Their QB's for either all/majority of the season are Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, and Jared Goff. NONE of them IMO are "Franchise QB's."

If you look at McCown this season-- 67.3% completions, nearly 3,000 yards 18 TD's, 9 INT's, passer rating of 94.5. You find me that kind of production and add a couple more quality pieces to the offensive side of the football, that is all the Jets are going to need to be very competitive in the NFL.

I am not saying all of this prevents you from drafting a QB; I also don't think you need to be giving away premium picks in order to do it. Quite honestly, you put a guy like Alex Smith on this team next year and add a few pieces at positions like RB, O-line, CB, pass rusher, the Jets are a serious playoff contender!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast