Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,037

    Westbrook moving without the ball

    https://streamable.com/egigw

    Analysis? Thoughts?

    I don't mean this as a troll thread (though I will understand is some take it as that). Is raises an interesting concern. Is there a need for a coaching change in OKC? Or is this a problem with Westy? Will this be a concern anywhere where he is not on the ball? Or is this an issue with having iso players like Melo on the court at the same time?

    I don't want to lump PG in the 'iso' category, because whenever I've seen him play, he's running in an offense (at least in Indy) and was willing to move the ball.

    How can OKC fix this?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    19,068
    All that athleticism being wasted lmfao. I mean, coming off a year where he had the highest USG% in history, I don't blame him. Seriously though, he doesn't know what to do off the ball.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,078
    This is a system issue with ISO players IMO. This is very similar to the pre-2017 Raptors when the whole team just stood around trying to create space for Derozan and Lowry.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,218
    Zach Lowe said that Westy has yet to set A SINGLE screen for Carmelo this year.

    That's freaking insane.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,427
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn:32031518
    https://streamable.com/egigw

    Analysis? Thoughts?

    I don't mean this as a troll thread (though I will understand is some take it as that). Is raises an interesting concern. Is there a need for a coaching change in OKC? Or is this a problem with Westy? Will this be a concern anywhere where he is not on the ball? Or is this an issue with having iso players like Melo on the court at the same time?

    I don't want to lump PG in the 'iso' category, because whenever I've seen him play, he's running in an offense (at least in Indy) and was willing to move the ball.

    How can OKC fix this?
    PG is an iso player.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll:32031671
    This is a system issue with ISO players IMO. This is very similar to the pre-2017 Raptors when the whole team just stood around trying to create space for Derozan and Lowry.
    Patterson must be shaking his head every game.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    41,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    This is a system issue with ISO players IMO. This is very similar to the pre-2017 Raptors when the whole team just stood around trying to create space for Derozan and Lowry.
    Or even worse, the Rudy Gay raptors that stood around for him. Melo is this teams Rudy Gay

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz:32031881

    Or even worse, the Rudy Gay raptors that stood around for him. Melo is this teams Rudy Gay
    That team was painful to watch.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    39,328
    Opposite of cherry picking. He wants to be back on defense early.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,863
    And people wonder why KD wanted to finish his career with Curry over this guy. You want to think it's all about dominance, its not. It is about wanting to play with a superstar who allows you to shine. Selfless winners.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    26,578
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    PG is an iso player.
    We’ll know 100% for sure if he ends up next year on the pass first Baby Lakers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    And people wonder why KD wanted to finish his career with Curry over this guy. You want to think it's all about dominance, its not. It is about wanting to play with a superstar who allows you to shine. Selfless winners.
    It's also about him being a ****y

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    It's also about him being a ****y
    Didn't look like one draining over Bron's face in the Finals and winning MVP. I prefer he went to Boston but KD is not shying away from ******** on any and all haters.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    4,422
    What's RW's usage rate this season, now that he has more help? I think most players should move without the ball, so important nowadays, and guys like Rip Hamilton and Kobe were really good at it. If RW doesn't have the passion to move around as much as he passionately acts with the ball in his hands, then Melo and PG-13 need to start moving more. Now, their bench needs more help to space the floor, but you definitely don't want to play iso-style with those three guys. The point is to make the other team suffer by not being able to guard all three at all times. Hero ball just negates the whole benefit of having a "big 3." That is what Scott Brooks was so bad at with Durant, Harden, and Russ.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,355
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Didn't look like one draining over Bron's face in the Finals and winning MVP. I prefer he went to Boston but KD is not shying away from ******** on any and all haters.
    Lot of people don't look like ****y's playing on stacked teams lol. A lot of people would act a lot tougher if all the UFC title holders were backing them up in fights too lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •