Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Westbrook moving without the ball

https://streamable.com/egigw

Analysis? Thoughts?

I don't mean this as a troll thread (though I will understand is some take it as that). Is raises an interesting concern. Is there a need for a coaching change in OKC? Or is this a problem with Westy? Will this be a concern anywhere where he is not on the ball? Or is this an issue with having iso players like Melo on the court at the same time?

I don't want to lump PG in the 'iso' category, because whenever I've seen him play, he's running in an offense (at least in Indy) and was willing to move the ball.

How can OKC fix this?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

All that athleticism being wasted lmfao. I mean, coming off a year where he had the highest USG% in history, I don't blame him. Seriously though, he doesn't know what to do off the ball.

This is a system issue with ISO players IMO. This is very similar to the pre-2017 Raptors when the whole team just stood around trying to create space for Derozan and Lowry.

Zach Lowe said that Westy has yet to set A SINGLE screen for Carmelo this year.

That's freaking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn:32031518
    https://streamable.com/egigw

Analysis? Thoughts?

I don't mean this as a troll thread (though I will understand is some take it as that). Is raises an interesting concern. Is there a need for a coaching change in OKC? Or is this a problem with Westy? Will this be a concern anywhere where he is not on the ball? Or is this an issue with having iso players like Melo on the court at the same time?

I don't want to lump PG in the 'iso' category, because whenever I've seen him play, he's running in an offense (at least in Indy) and was willing to move the ball.

How can OKC fix this?
    PG is an iso player.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll:32031671
    This is a system issue with ISO players IMO. This is very similar to the pre-2017 Raptors when the whole team just stood around trying to create space for Derozan and Lowry.
    Patterson must be shaking his head every game.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Or even worse, the Rudy Gay raptors that stood around for him. Melo is this teams Rudy Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz:32031881

Or even worse, the Rudy Gay raptors that stood around for him. Melo is this teams Rudy Gay
    That team was painful to watch.

Opposite of cherry picking. He wants to be back on defense early.

And people wonder why KD wanted to finish his career with Curry over this guy. You want to think it's all about dominance, its not. It is about wanting to play with a superstar who allows you to shine. Selfless winners.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    PG is an iso player.
    We’ll know 100% for sure if he ends up next year on the pass first Baby Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    And people wonder why KD wanted to finish his career with Curry over this guy. You want to think it's all about dominance, its not. It is about wanting to play with a superstar who allows you to shine. Selfless winners.
    It's also about him being a ****y

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    It's also about him being a ****y
    Didn't look like one draining over Bron's face in the Finals and winning MVP. I prefer he went to Boston but KD is not shying away from ******** on any and all haters.

What's RW's usage rate this season, now that he has more help? I think most players should move without the ball, so important nowadays, and guys like Rip Hamilton and Kobe were really good at it. If RW doesn't have the passion to move around as much as he passionately acts with the ball in his hands, then Melo and PG-13 need to start moving more. Now, their bench needs more help to space the floor, but you definitely don't want to play iso-style with those three guys. The point is to make the other team suffer by not being able to guard all three at all times. Hero ball just negates the whole benefit of having a "big 3." That is what Scott Brooks was so bad at with Durant, Harden, and Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Didn't look like one draining over Bron's face in the Finals and winning MVP. I prefer he went to Boston but KD is not shying away from ******** on any and all haters.
    Lot of people don't look like ****y's playing on stacked teams lol. A lot of people would act a lot tougher if all the UFC title holders were backing them up in fights too lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast