Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England

1 100.00%
  • Miami

0 0%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Whoever on this board said...corners can't get physical in the NFL any more...

How'd Brandi do with a physical corner hounding him vs the Fins?

Not too good.
    Don't be obtuse. It's hardly the fault of one player.

Gronk off the field meant a DB sitting in the middle of the field.

Best pass rush in NFL vs a line weakened by injury that wasn't going to do well even if they were healthy.

A team you know running a whole slew of things differently than before. Coaching didn't respond well there.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Cannon IR now means Solder is probably the third most important guy not to get injured on O.

Solders play this year and his injury history are both a worry.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Don't be obtuse. It's hardly the fault of one player.

Gronk off the field meant a DB sitting in the middle of the field.

Best pass rush in NFL vs a line weakened by injury that wasn't going to do well even if they were healthy.

A team you know running a whole slew of things differently than before. Coaching didn't respond well there.

I'm sure you wouldn't have known the meaning of the word "obtuse" until you saw The Shawshank Redemption.

That being said, Howard had two picks covering Brandi, but to your point, pay attention to the "DBs sitting in the middle" on those plays.

On the first one down the left sideline, Brady had plenty of time to throw and the safety wasn't even close enough to get in on the play. Brandi was bodied and pushed completely out of the play by Howard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lkWgQmRKc

On the second Howard pick, one of those "DBs sitting in the middle" of the field was actually #47 Kiko Alonso a LINEBACKER. Brady had time to step up and throw the ball from his own 5 to the Fins 35 but Brandi isn't strong enough to fight for the ball so it was easy pickings for Howard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b6tc0w_p1c

Why do people think cooks is something heís not. Heís a small fast deep threat WR. He isnít big. He isnít physical and he isnít a guy that is able to out fight guys. He is small he wins by blowing by guys using his speed to do damage which does tremendous things for the rest of the team when everything is clicking. This doesnít make him soft it doesnít mean he isnít trying it means he is doing what he is gifted at being an elite deep WR. People think everyone can be Edelman but there is only one Edelman.

I'm sure you wouldn't have known the meaning of the word "obtuse" until you saw The Shawshank Redemption.
    That would be a no. Geometry is full of obtuse angles. Had it in 7th and 10th grade, then my 10 years as a CAD/CAM Sr. Software Engineer working with - geometry... all well before SR was filmed.

On the second Howard pick, one of those "DBs sitting in the middle" of the field was actually #47 Kiko Alonso a LINEBACKER. Brady had time to step up and throw the ball from his own 5 to the Fins 35 but Brandi isn't strong enough to fight for the ball so it was easy pickings for Howard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b6tc0w_p1c
    He's not one of those Steeler WR's that are 6' 3" 220 lb and bury CB's (and sometimes S, and LB) when supporting the run.

He's not even one of those Patriots slot guys that spit rivets.

IF you expect that out of him, you're asking for something that he isn't and you'll be bleating around here his entire Pats career.

My problem with the guy is that he drops a lot of speed on his cuts, so the timing between him and Brady isn't what it could be - yet.

Randy Moss wasn't a banger either, Trump more than any GM knows the different type of WR's that exist. He dealt for him, and it's pretty clear he's doing more than just about any guy we would have gotten in the draft for this team this year.

I realize that my ideas are probably opaque to you, but do see if you can follow, and if not, go find some other victim to pick on since your constant harping on one player is onerous to others here.

That would be a no. Geometry is full of obtuse angles. Had it in 7th and 10th grade, then my 10 years as a CAD/CAM Sr. Software Engineer working with - geometry... all well before SR was filmed.

He's not one of those Steeler WR's that are 6' 3" 220 lb and bury CB's (and sometimes S, and LB) when supporting the run.

He's not even one of those Patriots slot guys that spit rivets.

IF you expect that out of him, you're asking for something that he isn't and you'll be bleating around here his entire Pats career.

My problem with the guy is that he drops a lot of speed on his cuts, so the timing between him and Brady isn't what it could be - yet.

Randy Moss wasn't a banger either, Trump more than any GM knows the different type of WR's that exist. He dealt for him, and it's pretty clear he's doing more than just about any guy we would have gotten in the draft for this team this year.

I realize that my ideas are probably opaque to you, but do see if you can follow, and if not, go find some other victim to pick on since your constant harping on one player is onerous to others here.

I too learned all about geometry and the famous Greek mathematician Sohcahtoa a long time ago, yes I know he's not a real person, but I'm sure you never used obtuse the way you did until Shawshank. You can keep up the pretense if you want to.

I said in another thread on this board that Cooks is soft and will have trouble in tough games just like the Greatest Show on Turf did in the SB vs the Pats. Another poster in that thread said in defense of him: "DBs can't get physical with WRs in today's NFL." I pointed out the trouble Cooks had when he was covered by a physical player vs the Fins...just as I predicted. That's what you responded to in post #136 above so I merely answered you and pointed out the fact that Howard effectively took him out of the game and picked Brady off twice in the process.

That being said...Nothing you said after your obtuse defense has anything to do with what I said.

Another senior moment I suppose.

BTW, I think you must be mixing up your forums old timer. Trump wrote a book about the art of the deal but he had nothing to do with the deal for Cooks. Maybe you can clear up this opaqueness for me.

I too learned all about geometry and the famous Greek mathematician Sohcahtoa a long time ago, yes I know he's not a real person, but I'm sure you never used obtuse the way you did until Shawshank. You can keep up the pretense if you want to.
    I got a 680 on my verbal SAT, don't presume to know what I know.

That being said...Nothing you said after your obtuse defense has anything to do with what I said.

Another senior moment I suppose.
    You must be so bored... tsk tsk.

I do find that one topic scolds are usually inflexible, strident, boring, and semi unhinged. Not senior in any way, but semi moronic? Absolutely.

I got a 680 on my verbal SAT, don't presume to know what I know.

You must be so bored... tsk tsk.

I do find that one topic scolds are usually inflexible, strident, boring, and semi unhinged. Not senior in any way, but semi moronic? Absolutely.

It appears you're angling for the "Obtuse in Trump-like Fashion" award.

When did The Donald take over the Pats front office? I must have missed that one.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910