Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Retool vs Rebuild

Would you rather see the Giants retool this offseason signing players such as Jay Bruce & Todd Frazier OR do you think they should rebuild?

Obviously a rebuild is extremely unlikely but it MAY be the best thing to do at this point.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Rebuilds are no guarantee of future success. That said, unless the Giants can retool and become serious contender quickly, it may actually benefit to do at least an escalated rebuild.

Rebuild. The 2nd worst team in baseball doesn't get to the playoffs with a retool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Always gotta be a combination of the two.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

They have to get some decent guys and contend to some degree to fill the seats and make money for the folowing year free sgents.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

You rebuild by retooling! 😁 dump a few contracts to get better, younger players.

Rebuild. At least dont hand out any stupid contracts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Reboold.

This team isn't near as bad as last year's record portrays. I'd love to get Moustakis to play 3rd, but other than that I'd stay away from. Big name free agents or trades.

Belt has got to start hitting 30 hr's a year. He's physically capable of that and more.

I'd also like to see the Parker / Williamson competition play out.

I believe the pitching staff will bounce back. Last year was an aberration

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog72 View Post
    This team isn't near as bad as last year's record portrays. I'd love to get Moustakis to play 3rd, but other than that I'd stay away from. Big name free agents or trades.

Belt has got to start hitting 30 hr's a year. He's physically capable of that and more.

I'd also like to see the Parker / Williamson competition play out. Injuries and regressions hurt.

I believe the pitching staff will bounce back. Last year was an aberration
    I do agree we're not as bad as last year.

I'd stay away from any high priced free agents this year at this point. I wouldn't want them to throw money at Moustakas. I don't think he'll be worth it.

Belt is not a 30 home run hitter and won't do it in this ballpark. Honestly, he doesn't need to hit that mark, though of course it'd be nice. He's a very good hitter as it is. They just need to get better hitters around the ones they have.

They have to move on from Parker/Williamson. They're not starter quality.

I also think Cueto will be effective and Moore won't be nearly as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Would you rather see the Giants retool this offseason signing players such as Jay Bruce & Todd Frazier OR do you think they should rebuild?

Obviously a rebuild is extremely unlikely but it MAY be the best thing to do at this point.
    When I think of retool, I don't think of Jay Bruce and Todd Frazier. Those guys do nothing for our team. They do not push us closer to the playoffs and both are older mediocre players.

Just a big waste of money. I would be fine with retooling if I saw any moves out there we could make to make this a playoff team. But I don't. All I see is the new Phillies and an organization that is hanging on too long to a core that the fans love, but is no longer a threat to do anything.

A rebuild is going to happen, no matter how far the giants kick the can down the road. It won't be this year but it will come soon, and not by choice. Just by continuous bad teams with not enough money to plug all the holes their farm system fails to fix.

Bruce could def do more than nothing for this team AND push us a little closer to the playoffs. Not saying I'm all about getting him but he'd be a decent add at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Bruce could def do more than nothing for this team AND push us a little closer to the playoffs. Not saying I'm all about getting him but he'd be a decent add at the right price.
    Jay Bruce was terrible 2014, 2015 and 2016. He can't play defense or get on base. His only redeeming quality is power, which he would be coming to the worst park in baseball for as a lefty. And he turns 31 when the year starts.

Bruce is exactly the type of signing we should have nothing to do with.

Doesn't negate anything I said. This team is desperate for an outfield upgrade and a little power. Having said that, I don't expect (or even especially want) him to sign with us and won't care a bit if he doesn't.

You said he does more than nothing, and pushes us closer to the playoffs. The Jay Bruce of 2014 to 2016 is the definition though of doing nothing, and pushing you farther away from the playoffs.

It's highly questionable if he could replicate last year in 2018, and even if he does if that's his high mark it's pretty mediocre. The odds of him doing it for 3 years(probably the minimum to sign him)? I'd put it at slightly above 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast