Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The Raptors don't get respect because they don't deserve it. They got swept last year against the Cavs and their best players didn't play well and haven't played well in the playoffs all together.

I don't expect any lip service for the Raptors when it comes to contender discussions.
    It is true the Raptors don't get respect because they have done nothing to really earn it in the grand scheme of things. However, losing to the Cavs twice in a row in separate years doesn't really do much to inspire confidence. I am just stating fact here but at the same time I will say this they do have experience and they have youth too. Their bench is emerging as one of the best benches in the NBA and for that I will give credit. However, when it comes down to it they just do not have enough pieces to compete. Plain and simple. If they managed to get a star or even a superstar in a trade then and only then could they be considered as a title contender.

I'm lightweight a little more scared of Toronto than I am of Boston right now.

Horford has been great and all that but we've played against him 3 straight years in the playoffs - he'll have to show me that he can play well against TT (and Love) before I start shaking in my boots.

Essentially it's Kyrie + roleplayers from my perspective and I know LeBron will outperform Kyrie even in the playoffs.

What scares me more about Toronto is that they seem to finally have legit shooters surrounding their core. DeRozan is the scarier playoff performer between he and Lowry, but part of what hurt them as a team were the bricks laid out by 2Pat, CoJo, PJ, and Carroll. All of them are gone now.

OG is looking like he could end up being a great shooter from beyond the arc in this league and CJ Miles is one of the scariest guys around IMO. He torches the Cavs EVERY SINGLE TIME. Honestly, forget OG... Miles terrifies me.

Obviously the Cavs are favs in a series vs. the Raps but the Raps scare me a bit more than a Hayward-less Celtics team with just Kyrie, roleplayers, and a couple of rooks.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'm lightweight a little more scared of Toronto than I am of Boston right now.

Horford has been great and all that but we've played against him 3 straight years in the playoffs - he'll have to show me that he can play well against TT (and Love) before I start shaking in my boots.

Essentially it's Kyrie + roleplayers from my perspective and I know LeBron will outperform Kyrie even in the playoffs.

What scares me more about Toronto is that they seem to finally have legit shooters surrounding their core. DeRozan is the scarier playoff performer between he and Lowry, but part of what hurt them as a team were the bricks laid out by 2Pat, CoJo, PJ, and Carroll. All of them are gone now.

OG is looking like he could end up being a great shooter from beyond the arc in this league and CJ Miles is one of the scariest guys around IMO. He torches the Cavs EVERY SINGLE TIME. Honestly, forget OG... Miles terrifies me.

Obviously the Cavs are favs in a series vs. the Raps but the Raps scare me a bit more than a Hayward-less Celtics team with just Kyrie, roleplayers, and a couple of rooks.
    Even so but over time it has been proven that the Raptors when it comes playoff time they cave under the pressure. Not just as a team but their 2 core guys their superstars Lowry and DeRozan especially crumble in playoff series against top teams in the East. OG is coming into his own as a rookie that I will grant you and CJ Miles is managing to have a good year in Toronto not disputing that. However, what I will dispute is the fact that they can seemingly get it together in the playoffs because history has shown that they can't. Granted all of those teams were different teams but still this Raptors team they are going to have to show me something before I can say title contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Even so but over time it has been proven that the Raptors when it comes playoff time they cave under the pressure. Not just as a team but their 2 core guys their superstars Lowry and DeRozan especially crumble in playoff series against top teams in the East. OG is coming into his own as a rookie that I will grant you and CJ Miles is managing to have a good year in Toronto not disputing that. However, what I will dispute is the fact that they can seemingly get it together in the playoffs because history has shown that they can't. Granted all of those teams were different teams but still this Raptors team they are going to have to show me something before I can say title contenders.
    Yeah, it's definitely a wait and see kind of thing. Lowry and DeRozan haven't given many people reason to be optimistic. We'll see.
    The Baker is coming.

If Lowry and DeRozan can both get it together and get on that same page then if the 2 of them can carry this team on their backs then who knows but I doubt it severely very severely.

Every year there’s one of these threads from a Raptors fan whose dying for a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Every year there’s one of these threads from a Raptors fan whose dying for a hug.
    lol, this year is our best one as a franchise and things are totally different and better than in past years. boston are pretenders IMO, next year we dethrone LeBron if he doesn't choose to go out west next year. either way we making our first finals appearance, you can book it!

Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    lol, this year is our best one as a franchise and things are totally different and better than in past years. boston are pretenders IMO, next year we dethrone LeBron if he doesn't choose to go out west next year. either way we making our first finals appearance, you can book it!
    LOL I doubt that...because even when Toronto has had great years they have always managed to screw it up in the playoffs because regular season is not like the playoffs...it is a whole different area a whole different level of basketball and Raptors have proven that in the past they are never ready especially when all the pressure is riding on them. 2014, 2015 and 2016 are just proof of what I am talking about. It speaks for itself right there. Unlike the Raptors us Celtics if we are pretenders then why is it that we actually made it further than you guys last season in the playoffs? Or why is it that we are in 1st in the conference right now? Hell we have won our division with you guys in it last year and we will win the division again you can book that

Not to mention Kyrie has been carrying this team on his back ever since Hayward went down and if Hayward does come back by some miracle he comes back during playoff time then we will see just how far the Raptors go

Losing to the Cavs is nothing to be ashamed of. That's the mountain the raptors are currently climbing. Same mountain Houston and San Antonio are climbing against gsw. (Outside of gsw and Cleveland I would feel totally comfortable predicting a raptoes win in a series against any team).

What needs to be taken into account is the raptors playing a totally different style with a totally new supporting cast and finally an actual PF (Patrick Paterson was decent but couldn't even crack the starting lineup when we legit had no other PF on the team).
    Also keep in mind that Lowry was playing against his skill set these last few years earning a paycheque. Now that he's gotten paid he seems to be playing to his strengths - Defense, rebounding and 3's - and not trying to do too much.

If your version of "getting it together in the playoffs" is beating the Cavs... Then no the raptors haven't "gotten it together". But again I see no shame in losing to the best player to have ever played. Pushing the Cavs to 6 with a relatively weak team compared to this year's team was pretty impressive. I've seen them turn series around before including Indy, milwakee, the heat ect.

I really hope we play Boston. Would be an amazing series. I'm fairly confident in Casey's ability to draw up a defensive scheme to stop a 1 man show over 7 games.

Yeah I don't know if you would want that but I do know I would want to see a Raptors/Celtics series

A Raps/Celts playoffs series is long overdue. I hope we get to see it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    A Raps/Celts playoffs series is long overdue. I hope we get to see it this year.
    If it happens then you guys know that you're done

Y'all better put some RESPECK on this Raps team (thread title).

I will give credit they are having a good year so far but then again so have certain Raptors teams of the recent past and what happened right after? As far as the rest of this year I guess we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11:32049168
    If it happens then you guys know that you're done
    I can see Irving spinning the ball, drinking beer and kissing babies while scoring with ease. Then we will have articles about how Irving doesn't respect the Raptors and why the earth is actually flat.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast