Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    So essentially this applies to every other team besides Cleveland in the East.
    Yeah if you say it like that yeah but if any team is capable of beating Cleveland in the East it is Boston as far as potential series matchups go Boston is probably the best equipped to at least give Cleveland a run for their money

I would have said Toronto 2 years ago when they had all of that talent but they couldn't even transition that talent into winning a title...and more or less they have had the same core for years now well more or less and they haven't been able to win with this system with these core group of guys that they have and why? Because the Raptors are not as aggressive as they used to be in the off season when it comes to signing free agents because in the past they were aggressive as far as being contenders in the free agent market but lately these past few years they haven't done that

And if they want to be competitive especially in an Eastern Conference that has LeBron that has Kyrie that has Wall, Giannis, etc. they are going to have to do something to their core give it an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah if you say it like that yeah but if any team is capable of beating Cleveland in the East it is Boston as far as potential series matchups go Boston is probably the best equipped to at least give Cleveland a run for their money

I would have said Toronto 2 years ago when they had all of that talent but they couldn't even transition that talent into winning a title...and more or less they have had the same core for years now well more or less and they haven't been able to win with this system with these core group of guys that they have and why? Because the Raptors are not as aggressive as they used to be in the off season when it comes to signing free agents because in the past they were aggressive as far as being contenders in the free agent market but lately these past few years they haven't done that

And if they want to be competitive especially in an Eastern Conference that has LeBron that has Kyrie that has Wall, Giannis, etc. they are going to have to do something to their core give it an upgrade
    Well first of all what moves can Toronto make to get them a title, the Bar is the Warriors not the Cavs. If Masai saw a move that would improve them dramatically in the short term and in the next few years he'd do it, as would almost any team like the Wizards.

Second of all let's take a look at the Raptors and the playoffs.

Year 1, pushed the nets to the brink of elimination in 7 games with a final shot by Lowry being blocked by Pierce. No expectations here so why would year 1 be a failure?

Year 2. Sweep of the Wizards. By far the worst playoffs and really when you look back the only real underachieving one in terms of talent compared to other teams.

Year 3. They went to the ECF with the same team minus and add a few pieces, namely Biyombo. Raise your hands if you saw this coming based off of the previous playoffs.

Year 4. They got swept in 4 to the Cavs with Lowry playing 2 games. (Lowry actually shot the ball well in the playoffs, looks it up)

Now, you can bash Lowry and Derozan all you want and have valid points but you probably should look at what the Raptors had aside from the 2 and how well they played.

This year is arguably the best Raptor team of them all. No idea on the playoffs.

If the bar was to make the Finals or a Championship then every team aside from Lebron's in the East has been a failure thus far.

As for the Celtics this year, I highly doubt that they can get passed the Cavs even if they have the best shot.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Okay but with the way the Celtics have been playing this season with Kyrie carrying this team on his back and Horford, Brown, Tatum, etc. coming through for us in the clutch I think we would have a pretty good chance of at least making it to 6 or 7 games guaranteed whereas the Raptors if they even come up against Cleveland for the 3rd straight year they would inevitably lose in 4 or 5 games tops but if they could get pieces through trades and what not then maybe just maybe they could compete with us and with Cleveland

Okay but with the way the Celtics have been playing this season with Kyrie carrying this team on his back and Horford, Brown, Tatum, etc. coming through for us in the clutch I think we would have a pretty good chance of at least making it to 6 or 7 games guaranteed whereas the Raptors if they even come up against Cleveland for the 3rd straight year they would inevitably lose in 4 or 5 games tops but if they could get pieces through trades and what not then maybe just maybe they could compete with us and with Cleveland
    2 years ago the Raptors too the NBA champs to 6 games, 1 year ago the Celts took the Cavs to 5 games.

I think you might be living in the moment right now, there's no guarantee that the Raptors are going to go 4-5 games just like there's no guarantee you guys will go 6-7 games, and the reverse is true too.

Let's see what happens in the playoffs before we say 'this team is definetely going to do this, this other team cannot do this'.

Okay yeah we will see but at the same time Raptors have proven time and time again that in the playoffs that they do crumble under the pressure I am not saying that just to say it well facts are facts it has been proven that in the regular season they seem to play the right way or they seem to have the right tools fall into place for them but then come playoff time when it counts they crumble

Hey I will give you guys credit this season you guys are playing well you guys are doing it in the East you guys are like what 3 games back of Cleveland right now but come playoff time we will see just what kind of Raptors team shows up

Okay yeah we will see but at the same time Raptors have proven time and time again that in the playoffs that they do crumble under the pressure I am not saying that just to say it well facts are facts it has been proven that in the regular season they seem to play the right way or they seem to have the right tools fall into place for them but then come playoff time when it counts they crumble

Hey I will give you guys credit this season you guys are playing well you guys are doing it in the East you guys are like what 3 games back of Cleveland right now but come playoff time we will see just what kind of Raptors team shows up
    Fair enough, as a Raptors fan I think they are indeed pretenders, in my eyes the only contenders in the east are the Cavs. I do think this is the most complete team the Raptors have had thus far and this season is their best chance at taking out the Cavs. The same would be said for Boston in my view.

Fair enough, as a Raptors fan I think they are indeed pretenders, in my eyes the only contenders in the east are the Cavs. I do think this is the most complete team the Raptors have had thus far and this season is their best chance at taking out the Cavs. The same would be said for Boston in my view.
    Yeah this Raptors team for what it is worth I will give credit where it is due you guys do have a complete team but like I said will it transition into the Raptors going far in the Eastern Conference playoffs? That remains to be seen but if the playoffs were to start today the Raptors would have to face the Wizards and with that said could the Raptors beat the Wizards? I don't know...Wall, Beal, etc. no I don't think that the Raptors could beat Washington in a playoff series I mean the Raps faced them like what 3 years ago in the playoffs and what happened? They got swept by that same team of the Wizards and mind you that team is more or less the same core of guys and you think the Raptors can match up with the Wizards?

Yeah this Raptors team for what it is worth I will give credit where it is due you guys do have a complete team but like I said will it transition into the Raptors going far in the Eastern Conference playoffs? That remains to be seen but if the playoffs were to start today the Raptors would have to face the Wizards and with that said could the Raptors beat the Wizards? I don't know...Wall, Beal, etc. no I don't think that the Raptors could beat Washington in a playoff series I mean the Raps faced them like what 3 years ago in the playoffs and what happened? They got swept by that same team of the Wizards and mind you that team is more or less the same core of guys and you think the Raptors can match up with the Wizards?
    That version of the Raptors sure, but are you counting on Kyle to crap the bed like that again? Is Derozan the same player as he was then? What about the rest of todays Roster as compared to then?

It wouldn't be a cake walk but we'd definitely stand a good chance against the Wiz today.

That version of the Raptors sure, but are you counting on Kyle to crap the bed like that again? Is Derozan the same player as he was then? What about the rest of todays Roster as compared to then?

It wouldn't be a cake walk but we'd definitely stand a good chance against the Wiz today.
    Yeah and who is guarding John Wall? Probably the fastest point guard in the NBA and not to mention Wall is probably the most explosive well besides Kyrie and who on the Raps is guarding Beal? Not to mention Gortat he would probably muscle his way over JV once again make him look inferior and not to mention they have Oubre but then the rest of their bench also compared to the Raptors bench I don't know

Yes... the raps would beat the Wizards. That is one area where the USA bias comes seriously into play. Wiz have 2 nice pieces and thats it. they are the Raptors of christmas past.

Anyone who ranks the Wiz above the Raptors is biased. if you disagree, please provide some evidence as to why the Wiz are better.

The Wizards have better options their 1-2 punch not just in Wall and Beal but their 3 point shooting surpasses that of the Raptors but also their bigs compared to the Raptors bigs like it isn't even close and not to mention they are a more defensively sounded team than the Raptors are but I will give the edge to Toronto as far as bench goes but it is all going to come down to who wants it more badly

Yeah and who is guarding John Wall? Probably the fastest point guard in the NBA and not to mention Wall is probably the most explosive well besides Kyrie and who on the Raps is guarding Beal? Not to mention Gortat he would probably muscle his way over JV once again make him look inferior and not to mention they have Oubre but then the rest of their bench also compared to the Raptors bench I don't know
    Lowry would guard Wall, OG would guard Beal and a combination of Poeltl, Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam would guard Gortat. Maybe JV too is he gets the minutes.

your posts are torture to read bro. punctuation.

This is easily the most talent they've had on the roster in Raptors history. If Lebron/GSW weren't freaks of their time then the raptors would absolutely have championship aspirations.

You say you arent sure if OG or the rest of the bench will perform in the playoffs, yet you have no questions about Tatum/brown?
    Boston and Washington are very similarly constructed teams, except one has a great coach.

Toronto is winning all these games while learning a totally different style of play. the same can not be said for why the Wiz are only an average team. you wanna talk about treadmill... take a strong look at the Wiz.

Added since the beginning of last season: Ibaka, CJ Miles, OG, New style, opportunity for our young guys to make an impact.
    Removed since the beginning of last season: Caroll (replaced by OG who is a better defender and plays his role better), Ross (replaced by Powell), Joseph (replaced by Wright and Van Vleet), and the burden on Lowry and Derozan to win every game.

You admit you have blind hate for TO, while also admitting they have a pretty good and complete team. Remove the bias and we have a damn good team.

The Wizards have better options their 1-2 punch not just in Wall and Beal but their 3 point shooting surpasses that of the Raptors but also their bigs compared to the Raptors bigs like it isn't even close and not to mention they are a more defensively sounded team than the Raptors are but I will give the edge to Toronto as far as bench goes but it is all going to come down to who wants it more badly
    Washingtons bigs are better than torontos? and more defensively sound? youre just saying things now. please provide any evidence to that.

Cav's
    Toronto and Boston
    Milwakee and Washington
    Everyone else.

The Raptors don't get respect because they don't deserve it. They got swept last year against the Cavs and their best players didn't play well and haven't played well in the playoffs all together.

I don't expect any lip service for the Raptors when it comes to contender discussions.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast