Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    That was before the C's were a powerhouse.. I mean do you realistically think they're built to take down Cavs or C's in a 7 game series? That's the only facts you need lol.

FWIW, I think there were certain moves Raps could have made since they made the ECF to realistically compete with the two, but I just think they've invested too much in role player-type guys like Ibaka/Val/etc. when you essentially needs 3-4 "superstars" to have a chance in this league. I've seen enough of Lowry and Derozan alternating ghost shifts in the playoffs as well to know that this team isn't built for the playoffs.
    Since when did the C's become a powerhouse? You gotta be able to differentiate between facts and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    nevver said we were contenders but were definetly not pretenders this year, we are kind of caught in the middle, imo anything can happen in the playoffs,,, just saying the raps do have a chance to make some noise and have a small chance of getting into the finals but conference finals for sure, but next year our team is gonna be scary good like a poor mans golden state team lol
    Not even especially with teams like Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Philadelphia who could take out Toronto any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Old man Wade? Injured Thompson and IT. IT may not be the same guy once he's back. Smith and Thompson over paid role players. Crowder regressing and poorly used. Love is so so. He should of been traded last year. Plays no defense. LeBron shouldering the load all regular season when he's suppose to be coasting till playoffs. Rose and Calderon nothing special.

Not saying LeBron leaves. But if he did next summer Cavs probably don't even make the playoffs. IT with a bad hip wont be the same speedy slasher. Which is all his game is based on speed. Love couldn't win with the Wolves. Smith and Thompson are dead weight. That Nets pick is like #10 in a top heavy draft with less depth pass top 5.
    Every post gets dumber. Keep it up!
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Not even especially with teams like Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Philadelphia who could take out Toronto any day of the week
    i don't get it outside of boston what have those teams proven, keep in mind you guaranteed bucks would trash the raps last year, now you think philly who is even younger without a player on giannas level will beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    i don't get it outside of boston what have those teams proven, keep in mind you guaranteed bucks would trash the raps last year, now you think philly who is even younger without a player on giannas level will beat them.
    Yeah I would because the Sixers are more explosive than the Raptors and they have Embiid and Simmons that is more than enough not to mention they have Saric and Covington

Who on the Raptors can guard Embiid? Who is guarding Simmons?

Not to mention their 3 point threats in Saric, Covington and Reddick

The difference i see going into the playoffs this year is the bench. they can help carry the load during the season. in past seasons it was all lowry and derozan carrying the team the way lebron and Kyrie are this season. Lowry and Demar will be the best rested stars in the east. The other factor is the emergence of OG. finally we have someone to throw at Lebron. obviously not stop him but hell of a lot better than Ross.

Raptors will make the finals within the next 3 seasons.

Yeah I would because the Sixers are more explosive than the Raptors and they have Embiid and Simmons that is more than enough not to mention they have Saric and Covington

Who on the Raptors can guard Embiid? Who is guarding Simmons?

Not to mention their 3 point threats in Saric, Covington and Reddick
    so why are they only 1 game above .500 ? they're tied for the 9th seed they might not even make the playoffs.
    saric is a 34% 3pt shooter which is average, are they better than the bucks team you guaranteed you would destroy toronto last year?

That was before the C's were a powerhouse.. I mean do you realistically think they're built to take down Cavs or C's in a 7 game series? That's the only facts you need lol.

FWIW, I think there were certain moves Raps could have made since they made the ECF to realistically compete with the two, but I just think they've invested too much in role player-type guys like Ibaka/Val/etc. when you essentially needs 3-4 "superstars" to have a chance in this league. I've seen enough of Lowry and Derozan alternating ghost shifts in the playoffs as well to know that this team isn't built for the playoffs.
    But that’s not what you said my man.. you said the Raptors are trying to sell their fan base that they are a 50 win team in the east and trying to make the semis. Well we don’t need much convincing as the team has won 50+ games several seasons in a row, and Boston becoming a “powerhouse” won’t change that alone. Also they’ve reached or surpassed the “semis” several season in a row as well.

You tried to discredit the team with out checking your info.. truth be told Boston doesn’t scare our fan base at all. It would be a great matchup we would look fwd to watching. Any team that doesn’t have Lebron would be welcomed back in the east

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But that’s not what you said my man.. you said the Raptors are trying to sell their fan base that they are a 50 win team in the east and trying to make the semis. Well we don’t need much convincing as the team has won 50+ games several seasons in a row, and Boston becoming a “powerhouse” won’t change that alone. Also they’ve reached or surpassed the “semis” several season in a row as well.

You tried to discredit the team with out checking your info.. truth be told Boston doesn’t scare our fan base at all. It would be a great matchup we would look fwd to watching. Any team that doesn’t have Lebron would be welcomed back in the east
    How have they surpassed the semis several seasons in a row if they have only been to one ECF?

You think this team is realistically trying to compete with the big guns of the league? They're trying to sell to their fans that they can be a 55-60 win team and possibly get to the East Semis at most and not much else. As long as Raptors were the bottom feeders of the league, it's a good selling point and I'm happy for them but you have to get real at some point
    Corrected, they've been getting 50 wins with regularity now, it's not the selling point anymore, it's an expectation.

I'm pretty much going with the ride atm, Masai isn't an idiot, while it's possible there is a trade that would make the Raptors legit contenders, there's a solid reason why pretty much alot of the big contracts are going to expire in 3 years.

It's a treadmill, but not one that's going to last for that long. Also, in the next few years the East might look very different indeed.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The difference i see going into the playoffs this year is the bench. they can help carry the load during the season. in past seasons it was all lowry and derozan carrying the team the way lebron and Kyrie are this season. Lowry and Demar will be the best rested stars in the east. The other factor is the emergence of OG. finally we have someone to throw at Lebron. obviously not stop him but hell of a lot better than Ross.

Raptors won't make the finals at least for another 5 to 10 years if that

Raptors won't make the finals at least for another 5 to 10 years if that
    Well it's possible, it really depends on where Lebron goes and how the rest of the East shapes up especially Boston, Milwaukee and Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

Well said.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

I will give credit where credit is due even though I hate the Raptors and can't stand them I will give your fan base your entire team this that your bench is emerging I can actually admit it OG is emerging so far but will that transition into him becoming a star in this league? Time will tell...and as far as Poetl goes and names like Miles, Powell, etc. they have come through in big moments but come playoff time I can't see the Raptors bench coming through for them like they have been this season...simply put they are a regular season team and not a playoff capable team yeah sure they were 2 years ago when they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals and lost to the Cavs in 6 but last year they were seemingly swept in 4 games by the Cavs...my point being that if they can get over that hump and actually beat LeBron and company they can never be in that conversation as far as teams who can win the title

I will give credit where credit is due even though I hate the Raptors and can't stand them I will give your fan base your entire team this that your bench is emerging I can actually admit it OG is emerging so far but will that transition into him becoming a star in this league? Time will tell...and as far as Poetl goes and names like Miles, Powell, etc. they have come through in big moments but come playoff time I can't see the Raptors bench coming through for them like they have been this season...simply put they are a regular season team and not a playoff capable team yeah sure they were 2 years ago when they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals and lost to the Cavs in 6 but last year they were seemingly swept in 4 games by the Cavs...my point being that if they can get over that hump and actually beat LeBron and company they can never be in that conversation as far as teams who can win the title
    So essentially this applies to every other team besides Cleveland in the East.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast