Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    5-6 record against teams over .500

Plus they're two best players are underwhelming playoff performers.

Kyle Lowry:

15-16 Regular season: 21/5/6 on 43%, 39% from three
    15-16 Playoffs: 19/5/6 on 40%, 30% from three

16-17 Regular season: 22/5/7 on 46%, 41% from three
    16-17 Playoffs: 16/3/6 on 46%, 34% from three

DeMar DeRozan:

15-16 Regular season: 23/4/4 on 45%
    15-16 Playoffs: 21/4/3 on 39%

16-17 Regular season: 27/5/4 on 47%
    16-17 Playoffs: 22/5/3 on 43%

When players like LeBron and Kyrie step their game up during the playoffs, these guys regress.

This team isn't a threat to Cleveland, not even close.
    This your 2 best players cannot regress like this, they need to elevate their games and until they can prove that Toronto will always be a good regular season team who is going to struggle in the playoffs with the east more loaded than ever

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Lol every time there's a talk about LeBron's supporting cast people act like Kevin Love is a bum. He is having the most efficient season of his career, putting up 19/10/2 in 29 minutes. He is going to be an all-star.
    Well of course he's a all star. That's how the league works. Once the fans continue to look at the name of names they know. They don't look at wins or worthy stats. Heck Zaza had a ton of votes. He wasn't worthy. Kinda like NFL PRO BOWL. Same names on each ballot. Also factor in Irving isn't on the Cavs. Cavs still winning. LeBron needs a buddy in it. IT wont be in it. Unless Wade fans throw like a couple million votes in to name him a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Well of course he's a all star. That's how the league works. Once the fans continue to look at the name of names they know. They don't look at wins or worthy stats. Heck Zaza had a ton of votes. He wasn't worthy. Kinda like NFL PRO BOWL. Same names on each ballot. Also factor in Irving isn't on the Cavs. Cavs still winning. LeBron needs a buddy in it. IT wont be in it. Unless Wade fans throw like a couple million votes in to name him a starter.
    Love is a deserving all star. He can score from all areas on the floor, is one of the best stretch 4s in the league, and is an excellent passer and rebounder to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

much as I love the total in the wins column, we are a team built for the regular season. Having an exceptionally deep team doesn't help in the playoffs when the rotations get shorter, when the games become all about matchups. Having a bench squad playing like a second set of starters doesn't count for as much when they're playing 8 minutes a night.

Lowry so far has shown he can't bring it in the playoffs. Maybe the season is too long for his body, but he always seems to fade at that time of year. Demar is a guy who's entire offense is based around getting to the free throw line. Those points are also harder to come by in April.

But we've got another season or two left of this before we tear down and rebuild, so enjoy the wins now.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Love is a deserving all star. He can score from all areas on the floor, is one of the best stretch 4s in the league, and is an excellent passer and rebounder to boot.
    Yet thats the reason why that 4 or 5 team trade died. Cause Love was one of the pieces no one wanted besides Leonard. Guess Suns almost broke down and took him. But what they were dumping no one wanted. Then Blazers almost got in the deal. But no one wanted their junk of Leonard.

If that trade went down. Cavs would of been loaded. As of right now that Nets pick looks lame. Celtics and Cavs fans hyped that pick up like it was top 3 in the bag. Crowder regressing badly. Wade ring chaser looks older then ever. Smith and Thompson over paid.

Love still horrible defender. Cavs cupboards are bare. Gilbert's last hope was top 3 lottery pick to draft a big man. IT may not be the same stud he was last season. I wouldn't be shocked of a upset to the Cavs in the playoffs this year.

If they can upgrade Lowry. They can be legit. He struggles mightily when refs/d dynamics change in the post-season. At least DD is slowly getting better and still has time to grow and play in his peak.

Yet thats the reason why that 4 or 5 team trade died. Cause Love was one of the pieces no one wanted besides Leonard. Guess Suns almost broke down and took him. But what they were dumping no one wanted. Then Blazers almost got in the deal. But no one wanted their junk of Leonard.

If that trade went down. Cavs would of been loaded. As of right now that Nets pick looks lame. Celtics and Cavs fans hyped that pick up like it was top 3 in the bag. Crowder regressing badly. Wade ring chaser looks older then ever. Smith and Thompson over paid.

Love still horrible defender. Cavs cupboards are bare. Gilbert's last hope was top 3 lottery pick to draft a big man. IT may not be the same stud he was last season. I wouldn't be shocked of a upset to the Cavs in the playoffs this year.

you're right he's Zaza

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

They've underperformed in the playoffs for years so no one takes them seriously anymore.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Raptors are the Clippers of the east.

Are you gonna be our Miltstar of this year?

As a Raps fan I can honestly say; good team, not a championship team. Is it possible, sure, but a lot of things would have to go their way. For example if Durant, Curry, Lebron and Kawhi all got hurt at the same time, then maybe.

That's a really dishonest characterization. Love was the piece Phoenix wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    You think this team is realistically trying to compete with the big guns of the league? They're trying to sell to their fans that they can be a 50 win team and possibly get to the East Semis at most and not much else. As long as Raptors were the bottom feeders of the league, it's a good selling point and I'm happy for them but you have to get real at some point
    Man you need to check your facts, they have already surpassed the east semis .. if you're going to have such a strong opinion make sure it's accurate my man.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    They've underperformed in the playoffs for years so no one takes them seriously anymore.
    I agree they have underperformed but everyone in the east gets ousted by the Cavs. It is what it is. Reaching the ECFs is perhaps their ceiling though and that is being realistic.

Raptors are the Clippers of the east.
    cmon man that's a terrible comparison, when's the last time the Clips made it to the conference finals? All you're doing is proving the OP right when he claimed the hate is strong on the raptors. Are the Clippers even going to make the playoffs this season?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-10-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Man you need to check your facts, they have already surpassed the east semis .. if you're going to have such a strong opinion make sure it's accurate my man.
    That was before the C's were a powerhouse.. I mean do you realistically think they're built to take down Cavs or C's in a 7 game series? That's the only facts you need lol.

FWIW, I think there were certain moves Raps could have made since they made the ECF to realistically compete with the two, but I just think they've invested too much in role player-type guys like Ibaka/Val/etc. when you essentially needs 3-4 "superstars" to have a chance in this league. I've seen enough of Lowry and Derozan alternating ghost shifts in the playoffs as well to know that this team isn't built for the playoffs.

We know thay the Raps will choke in the PlayOffs.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast