Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Giancarlo

Giancarlo

How do you guys feel? Now that he's basically putting the squeeze on Miami saying 4 teams Astros Yankees Cubs Dodgers. He could come at a discounted price. What do you think? What kind of deal works ?

They’d have to dump Ellsbury, Castro and or Head... that’s for starters
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    I'd think they could find trade partners for at least 2 of them.

Toe could fill in at second until Torres is ready. Andujar at third. Ellsbury wouldn't be as easy but think you could move him if he knows he will see the field a few games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    We're going to see just how much the Marlins want to part with that contract. There are 2 price tags here... One is his contract, and the other are the prospects going back. The only way they will get big time players going back to Miami will be if they eat some of that big contract.. either through out-right eating it to bringing back contracts... like Ellsbury.

I won't say the Yanks don't have a chance... since it seems he's willing to come here... until he's moved.. Brian Cashman is the master at getting something done and nobody knows until he announces it...

Though I'm not really sure how much I'd like to see this.. Yes, Stanton and Judge in the same lineup... Wow.. at the same time, I want to see the Youth proper here... so I'm torn..
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    We're going to see just how much the Marlins want to part with that contract. There are 2 price tags here... One is his contract, and the other are the prospects going back. The only way they will get big time players going back to Miami will be if they eat some of that big contract.. either through out-right eating it to bringing back contracts... like Ellsbury.

I won't say the Yanks don't have a chance... since it seems he's willing to come here... until he's moved.. Brian Cashman is the master at getting something done and nobody knows until he announces it...

Though I'm not really sure how much I'd like to see this.. Yes, Stanton and Judge in the same lineup... Wow.. at the same time, I want to see the Youth proper here... so I'm torn..
    No.

I think they can convince the Marlins to take Ellsbury if they add to the prospect load. Torres won’t be included, in my opinion he’s untouchable in Cash’s eyes. I think any of Frazier, Adams, Estrada, Andjuar, McKinney and Solak are expandable. A lot of people on here are way too attracted to these prospects. Yes they are good prospects but you’re not going to have them all on the major league roster and all of them won’t pan out either. Yeah homegrown talent is great but even the dynasty yanks had many great outside additions that contributed heavily to the dynasty run.

No

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well Jim Leyritz tweeted and said Stanton to the Yankees is a done deal!

Not sure how much info he knows but I think does make sense with them losing out on Ohtani......

I think Ellsbury, Frazier and a few lower level prospects to he Marlins for Stanton...

Ellsbury could still start for them for a few years instead of Stanton’s deal, less years and cheaper....

Done deal folks!

1. Gardy DH/ CF
    2. Sanchez C
    3. Bird 1b
    4. Stanton LF/ DH
    5. Didi SS
    6. Judge RF/DH
    7. Hicks CF/ DH
    8. Castro 2b
    9. Torres/ Head 3b

DH will rotate

Power packed lineup!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan101 View Post
    I think they can convince the Marlins to take Ellsbury if they add to the prospect load. Torres won’t be included, in my opinion he’s untouchable in Cash’s eyes. I think any of Frazier, Adams, Estrada, Andjuar, McKinney and Solak are expandable. A lot of people on here are way too attracted to these prospects. Yes they are good prospects but you’re not going to have them all on the major league roster and all of them won’t pan out either. Yeah homegrown talent is great but even the dynasty yanks had many great outside additions that contributed heavily to the dynasty run.
    I wholeheartdely agree with you. I think it would take ellsbury (marlins take full contract), frazier and a pitching prospect to get it done. Stanton is only 28 and has his prime years to go. I think its worth exploring for the yankees especially to have a top 6 of gardner, judge, stanton, didi, sanchez, and bird. That's a crazy lineup if healthy. Additionally what stanton will cost for the next 10 years will be relatively cheap to what it will cost for machado and harper in next years free agency and for future free agency periods.

I was against it but we are the Yankees and who cares about luxury taxes! Hal is paying the tab!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Not sure how much info he knows but I think does make sense with them losing out on Ohtani......

I think Ellsbury, Frazier and a few lower level prospects to he Marlins for Stanton...

Ellsbury could still start for them for a few years instead of Stanton’s deal, less years and cheaper....

Done deal folks!

1. Gardy DH/ CF
    2. Sanchez C
    3. Bird 1b
    4. Stanton LF/ DH
    5. Didi SS
    6. Judge RF/DH
    7. Hicks CF/ DH
    8. Castro 2b
    9. Torres/ Head 3b

DH will rotate

Power packed lineup!
    It appears to be a fake twitter account I could be wrong
    Last edited by yanks024; 12-08-2017 at 10:38 PM.

This kind of reminds me of 2003 when we go to Alex

Boone hit the HR and then he was gone with an injury..

Boone returns to get his Yankee ring!
    Nick

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    No

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Done deal folks!

1. Gardy DH/ CF
    2. Sanchez C
    3. Bird 1b
    4. Stanton LF/ DH
    5. Didi SS
    6. Judge RF/DH
    7. Hicks CF/ DH
    8. Castro 2b
    9. Torres/ Head 3b

DH will rotate

Power packed lineup!
    1. That isn't Leyritz.
    2. The real Leyritz is not a reliable source. At all.
    3. The real Leyritz should be behind bars.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’m against the long-term financial commitment. This year isn’t an issue - there’s ways to figure it out. But I’d rather leave that long term salary slot open unless Hal is willing to spend like $250M after we set tha tax over. In that case, sure. But on a tighter budget I don’t want that huge deal.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast