Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 295 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    Cobb/Chatwood is a yuck offseason. I really don't think the Cubs get Cobb now that we signed Chatwood. Why wouldn't u want the Cubs to spend on DArvish over Cobb?? Regardless if we sign Cobb and a couple relievers we won't be able to afford Harper next year? The only chance we have at Harper is if we trade for a cheap SP and probably a reliever too. And we'd probably have to trade JHey too...which is very unlikely.

My guess is we trade for a SP or sign one of DArvish or Arrieta. A GM like Theo doesn't build a powerhouse of a team like the Cubs and then sign pitching like Cobb and Chatwood.
    None of this is true. As of right now the Cubs have 40M left to spend this year and only 115M on the books for 2019, there will be plenty of Harper money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    None of this is true. As of right now the Cubs have 40M left to spend this year and only 115M on the books for 2019, there will be plenty of Harper money.
    Totally agree...they will be in on Harper if they want to be....$$ is not going to be an issue.

Bc getting Manaea gives us a better pitcher then Cobb IMO w ace upside. Also getting Manaea over Cobb gives us more financial flexibility for the future. Plus I'm not very high on Cobb or Baez.

Ok I don't know for sure we could sign a couple of good relievers and Cobb for 4/60 and still sign Harper at 400+ plus million w out going over the luxury tax, regardless signing a good pitcher like DArvish for 5/125 or even 6/150 is better then signing a pitcher IMO just isn't very good like Cobb (definitely no ace upside) for 4/60ish. I'm guessing he costs more than thT if Chatwood costs 3/38 tho. I dno how u guys would be happy if that's the two guys Theo got us. Chatwood...a guy who's never really done anything and Cobb who's been hurt a lot, can't throw his best pitch, and peripherals look...meh.

Chatwood I see some hope...I could see him turning into Brandon Mcarthy, Cobb screams bust.

Bc getting Manaea gives us a better pitcher then Cobb IMO w ace upside. Also getting Manaea over Cobb gives us more financial flexibility for the future. Plus I'm not very high on Cobb or Baez.
    I'll pass on Baez for Manaea, and I think the Cubs would too. I have never heard ace attached to him.

Quote Originally Posted by 23sharks View Post
    I'll pass on Baez for Manaea, and I think the Cubs would too. I have never heard ace attached to him.
    Well I have and I don't have Baez attached to superstar. I would do that deal in a second.

Iíll do Baez+ Prospects for Duffy

Ok I don't know for sure we could sign a couple of good relievers and Cobb for 4/60 and still sign Harper at 400+ plus million w out going over the luxury tax, regardless signing a good pitcher like DArvish for 5/125 or even 6/150 is better then signing a pitcher IMO just isn't very good like Cobb (definitely no ace upside) for 4/60ish. I'm guessing he costs more than thT if Chatwood costs 3/38 tho. I dno how u guys would be happy if that's the two guys Theo got us. Chatwood...a guy who's never really done anything and Cobb who's been hurt a lot, can't throw his best pitch, and peripherals look...meh.

Chatwood I see some hope...I could see him turning into Brandon Mcarthy, Cobb screams bust.
    How in the hell is Cobb "not very good" His last two healthy seasons he put up ERAs under 3 in the AL East, but for some reason you're absolutely fixated on his number returning from TJS and convinced yourself that he's awful. Just about everyone struggles coming back from TJS, especially with control, and slowly works their way back.

I totally disagree with you on Cobb. Not sure why you hate him and Baez as much as you do, yet love Manaea. IMO a team with Cobb and Baez is better than a team with Manaea at the expense of Baez, and it isn't even close. I can see going after Manaea with Happ, but not Baez. And only if they just don't want to spend to get Cobb. I am not sure why Cobb screams bust yet Manaea has ace potential.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I would too, I've always liked Duffy.

How in the hell is Cobb "not very good" His last two healthy seasons he put up ERAs under 3 in the AL East, but for some reason you're absolutely fixated on his number returning from TJS and convinced yourself that he's awful. Just about everyone struggles coming back from TJS, especially with control, and slowly works their way back.
    THIS! And don't forget, Manaea has ace potential. Not sure why that is true either. And I like Manaea for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I would not. I like Duffy, but not for Baez. Again, I would do it for Happ. Maybe Happ+

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I totally disagree with you on Cobb. Not sure why you hate him and Baez as much as you do, yet love Manaea. IMO a team with Cobb and Baez is better than a team with Manaea at the expense of Baez, and it isn't even close. I can see going after Manaea with Happ, but not Baez. And only if they just don't want to spend to get Cobb. I am not sure why Cobb screams bust yet Manaea has ace potential.
    Yea I'd trade Happ for Manaea too, but personally i covet Happ more then Baez and I'm guessing Baez has more value around the league then Happ. But anyway ur also forgetting that if we trade Baez for Manaea and don't sign Cobb, we also could use that money we saved on Cobb for another player. So it's not Cobb and Baez vs Manaea. It's Cobb n Baez vs Manaea and 60 mil in FA.

In the end it hit all the check boxes.

1. West coast
    2. No Japanese player
    3. No former Japanese star
    4. Arizona
    5. Small market: Anaheim not dodgers
    6. DH

And doesn't upset the balance of power between Cubs, dodgers, giants so all of these fans we'll be cool with it.

I would have liked to see him on the NL because he loses all his advantages in the AL.

He basically has to hit Better than an average dh to have value unless they get to the world series

Yea I'd trade Happ for Manaea too, but personally i covet Happ more then Baez and I'm guessing Baez has more value around the league then Happ. But anyway ur also forgetting that if we trade Baez for Manaea and don't sign Cobb, we also could use that money we saved on Cobb for another player. So it's not Cobb and Baez vs Manaea. It's Cobb n Baez vs Manaea and 60 mil in FA.
    I like Manaea too. But not for Baez. I think you have a great fixation on Manaea and an extreme dislike for Baez and is alters your thinking when determining trade ideas. Manaea would be a fine pick up. But if you use Baez in a trad you have to get a more sure thing pitcher back. Not opposed to getting Manaea and trading Baez, just not for each other.

Page 5 of 295 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast