Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 295 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Best non-Cubs team he could’ve chosen imo

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Least its not the dodgers. Angels aint chit. Good luck to him there. But don't expect a WS any time soon
    Yep. The Angels roster isn’t very good, the farm system is kind of hopeless even with the two former Braves IFA prospects they signed (they’re both 17 so don’t expect them for another 4-5 years) and a bunch of AL teams are better positioned to win in the next 3 years. Which is when Mike Trout becomes a FA.

Oh well, back to other FA news.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    And he now has a new (and pretty high rated by most of his former players) hitting coach to work with in Chili Davis...there’s still work to be done, obviously.

No point in crucifying the man and saying there’s no more hope with him like most of you have said in the 2+ years he’s been here.

Yes, he hasn’t lived up to the contract (offensively not even close, defensively he’s been as advertised). We get it
    YOU posted the link yet don't want to hear the criticism that was bound to follow?

Heyward can't hit. Until he does, that's what he is, an overpriced defensive plus OF.

We did this last offseason, same thing. Video, new swing, new coach, yadda yadda.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Best non-Cubs team he could’ve chosen imo
    This.

#SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    And who would that be? Who are you trading from this team? and Who do you want to get? If you are going to throw this all out there them give some name, some ideas.
    I agree we need to make a trade. We need a 4th starter and I'd rather not spend 15 mil a yr + on Cobb esoecially after we gave Chatwood 13 mil a year. As for ideas trade for one of Archer, Snell, Degrom, Gausman, Stromam, Duffy, Manaea, Honeywell, Salazar, Fulmer, etc.

It's not that I hate Cobb, I'm Luke warm on him, I just don't think the Cubs should sign 2 guys w significant injury histories as their offseason. If Cobb/Chatwood is r 4, and 5 were worse then we were at the end of last year. Why would I be excited about that? People will say well he's better then lackey, but people hoped lackey would be better then he was. When we signed him he was coming off a great year.

I don't think we should blow up on r team for a SP, I'd only be willing to trade one of Baez or Happ. That means ur probably only getting a guy w potential not a proven stud, I'm cool w that. My hope is Baez for Manaea!

If we can't trade for a SP, then go after DArvish hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I agree we need to make a trade. We need a 4th starter and I'd rather not spend 15 mil a yr + on Cobb esoecially after we gave Chatwood 13 mil a year. As for ideas trade for one of Archer, Snell, Degrom, Gausman, Stromam, Duffy, Manaea, Honeywell, Salazar, Fulmer, etc.

It's not that I hate Cobb, I'm Luke warm on him, I just don't think the Cubs should sign 2 guys w significant injury histories as their offseason. If Cobb/Chatwood is r 4, and 5 were worse then we were at the end of last year. Why would I be excited about that? People will say well he's better then lackey, but people hoped lackey would be better then he was. When we signed him he was coming off a great year.

I don't think we should blow up on r team for a SP, I'd only be willing to trade one of Baez or Happ. That means ur probably only getting a guy w potential not a proven stud, I'm cool w that. My hope is Baez for Manaea!

If the Cubs are letting Arrieta go, I pretty sure the Cubs won't be going after Darvish hard. Probably gauge the market on Darvish (if they haven't do so already) and move on.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm just not with trading our everyday players just to get pitching. Those guys you are mentioned are going to cost 2-3 everyday players and I don't want to do that. I think you have to look at Theo and Hoyer's plan from the start was to build the team through everyday players and then spend on pitching. I'd rather do that than trading players.

As for Darvish, I don't wan to go after him hard. If he's there for the right price maybe but that World Series performance and his age aren't exactly 'go after him hard' material.

Between getting Maitan and Soto as IFA from the Braves. Getting Ohtani and keeping Upton, the Angels are having a nice off season. They are not competing for a title before 2019, but this is a nice start to rebuilding the Angels.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If the Cubs are letting Arrieta go, I pretty sure the Cubs won't be going after Darvish hard. Probably gauge the market on Darvish (if they haven't do so already) and move on.
    I wouldn't be so sure. IMO DArvish is better then Arrieta.

2017-18 Cubs Offseason Thread: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    YOU posted the link yet don't want to hear the criticism that was bound to follow?

Heyward can't hit. Until he does, that's what he is, an overpriced defensive plus OF.

We did this last offseason, same thing. Video, new swing, new coach, yadda yadda.
    Did I say I didn’t want to hear the criticism? Clearly not.

The matter of the fact is that he’s still trying to improve NOW, so it’s stupid to just automatically write him off and say he’s hopeless

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Between getting Maitan and Soto as IFA from the Braves. Getting Ohtani and keeping Upton, the Angels are having a nice off season. They are not competing for a title before 2019, but this is a nice start to rebuilding the Angels.
    They almost made the playoffs last season and they should be much better this season given a healthier pitching staff, a full season of Justin Upton, and adding Otani. Any team that makes the playoffs has a very legitimate shot at winning the World Series so the Angels should be competing for a title before 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    If he’s not signing with us, I’m fine with him going to the Angels
    Yep, totally agree.
    Was nice to dream about this for a while....now back to reality, and finding another SP, and at least a couple of bullpen arms.

I wouldn't be so sure. IMO DArvish is better then Arrieta.
    Excluding his days with Baltimore, Arrieta's numbers with the Cubs are eerily similar to Yu Darvish and they are the same age. (Jake is a couple of months older). So if Darvish is better, and I'm not as sure as you are, it is not enough to go after Darvish hard while letting Arrieta go.
    Screw sabermetics.

[QUOTE=bootsy;32028763]I'm just not with trading our everyday players just to get pitching. Those guys you are mentioned are going to cost 2-3 everyday players and I don't want to do that. I think you have to look at Theo and Hoyer's plan from the start was to build the team through everyday players and then spend on pitching. I'd rather do that than trading players.

As for Darvish, I don't wan to go after him hard. If he's there for the right price maybe but that World Series performance and his age aren't exactly 'go after him hard' material.[/QUOTE

To be clear id rather trade for a starter then pay DArvish 25 mil a yr, mostly bc Id rather the Cubs kept financial flexibility. I think DArvish could have sneaky value tho, I think his price might drop bc of his poor postseason performance. His peripherals have always been "ace" like. I have a feeling 5/125 might get it done for him, if that's the case to me that's a good deal. I'd go 6/150 on him tho.

As for all the guys I mentioned for a trade r gna cost 2-3 players, I disagree. For example Snell isn't gna cost 2-3 players. In fact I think Baez could get us Snell and Colome. I think Baez for Manaea is very fair. Or Happ+. Also I don't think Degrom costs 2-3 players from r major league roster bc he only has 2 yrs of control. I'd be happy w Baez for Degrom. But yea a stroman or archer r probably gna cost 2-3 players, so to me they seem unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Did I say I didn’t want to hear the criticism? Clearly not.

The matter of the fact is that he’s still trying to improve NOW, so it’s stupid to just automatically write him off and say he’s hopeless
    But you did.

You said:

I know most of you still don’t care, however.
    No point in crucifying the man and saying there’s no more hope with him like most of you have said in the 2+ years he’s been here.
    We get it
    Those comments lead me to believe that you didn't feel a need for anyone to discuss it any further if it were going to come as criticism. Maybe you didn't mean it that way and if you didn't, and if I put words in your mouth, my apologies.

And yes, there is a point to crucifying him, he has been garbage at the plate. Everyone should crucify him. If he starts hitting again, cool, my money is on the "there's no more hope" because in the 2+ years he has been here, he has yet to prove otherwise.

#SBCHAMPS

#FreeGreenMonster

Page 3 of 295 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast