Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Where's all the WEST coast fans that were complaining East was weak?

What an interesting turn of events.

More than a quarter of the season done and the West coast is mostly trash or overrated garbage.

Biggest disappointments:

OKC
    Wolves (they're better than the Spurs on paper at least)
    Clippers (surprise surprise)
    Pelicans

If you look at head-to-head numbers they're about even almost.

Time for west coast fans to eat crow.

I admit I was wrong about the quality of the Eastern Conference teams and the superiority of the West. Hell, I've already said it multiple times on this thread, so I'm happy to eat crow. If anything, a more talented East is better for the league, better for fans and better for pretty much anyone who gives a damn about basketball, so I'll happily line up for a few more plates of crow.

And how many people were predicting just how much better the East's talent was going to get? Simmons is a lock for RoY, Giannis has locked himself into the top 5 player conversation and Embiid, Porzingis and Kyrie have all inserted themselves into the top 10 conversation. Hell, who would have expected that Toronto and Detroit would be this much better?

That being said, it's still really early in the season. Kawhi hasn't played a game of basketball, and once he comes back, there's a strong possibility we could have three 60+ win teams in the same conference. Throw on top of that the fact that the conference got some ridiculously talented teams still figuring out how to play together (OKC, Minnesota, New Orleans) and some teams that have dealt with major injuries (Denver, Utah, Clippers) and it's easy to understand why there aren't more teams playing better.

I think once guys get healthy, we'll start to see the West win more games against the East and take over as the more dominant conference. But the difference between the two is far slimmer than anyone could have anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

I have been saying for some time the west is getting weaker. But that tends to happen when they are picking at the *** end of the draft for 15 years, outside the obvious cellar dwellers (my Wolves, Kings, etc).

Congrats to the Eastern Conference teams that have been getting lottery picks since the late 90's, some of you actually didn't fail at your jobs!

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

More to do with teams still adapting than anything, IMO.

The consolidation of talent is pretty noticeable too. Clippers lost CP3 and aren't the same, while the Rockets are strengthened. Memphis is getting older.

While that doesn't seem like much, those were two strong West teams (Grizz/Clips) of the last 5 or so years.

the east is still garbage but the more stars that crowd one conference the more dysfunction that occurs. this isn't news. and the fewer stars the better the team play. also not new. everyone in the east is playing make a career or keep one going. but the talent disparity is ****ing enormous.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-08-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    precisely. although there is a good chance some will not be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I'm here. East still garbage dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    the east is still garbage but the more stars that crowd one conference the more dysfunction that occurs. this isn't news. and the fewer stars the better the team play. also not new. everyone in the east is playing make a career or keep one going. but the talent disparity is ****ing enormous.
    What you're saying doesn't make sense.

East is still garbage because less overall talent = better team play < West coast more overall talent = suspect team play.

I thought basketball was a team sport? I must be missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    What you're saying doesn't make sense.

East is still garbage because less overall talent = better team play < West coast more overall talent = suspect team play.

I thought basketball was a team sport? I must be missing something...
    He means that there's dysfunction going on in the West where teams are injured/adjusting to the new talent. Sometimes, more talent takes time to fit. I still believe West to be vastly superior (particularly in the playoffs) but don't get me wrong, East has improved. I mean, you take a look at some of the EC teams and you honestly think they're better than the Pelicans or OKC? Maybe they are but I still think West just needs more time. They have the REAL contenders.

The West is still better throughout. GS is obviously better than the top dawg in the East, regardless of who you think that is.

The West is definitely a deeper conference. The teams from the 7 or so seed down in the West are better than the East.

I think people always overrated how much better the West was 2-6 though.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

No crow to eat here ... I thought people were undervaluing the East because the East adds top draft talent every year and there are some really well run teams that were improving and the talent the east lost wasn't doing all that well before they left. That said, I am disappointing in the way some western teams have been performing.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

West has had the better record than the East 18 of the last 19 seasons. Early all the top players in the NBA still reside jn the West.

Let's go ahead and see at least a half decade of dominance (in both records and members of the All NBA teams) before the East fans get on the **** talking train here.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Basically this

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    West has had the better record than the East 18 of the last 19 seasons. Early all the top players in the NBA still reside jn the West.

Let's go ahead and see at least a half decade of dominance (in both records and members of the All NBA teams) before the East fans get on the **** talking train here.
    Well said

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast