Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Orioles listening to offers for Manny Machado

The Orioles were rumored to be interested in Tyler Chatwood to improve their rotation, and seeing the deal he got, I think it finally opened the eyes to the Orioles that they are not going to spend the money. They also have limited trade chips, aside from Machado and the other upcoming FAs to make improvements to the starting rotation. Listening is not saying actively shopping, but it is not a mistake that this rumor broke when Chatwood got that deal.

The Orioles have been receiving calls on third baseman Manny Machado, writes Heyman. While the Os arent shopping Machado and dont wish to move him, Heyman notes that Baltimore is also willing to at least entertain offers on any of its players, even Machado. Presumably, itd take a staggeringly high offer to convince the Os to part with Machado even in spite of the fact that hes just a year removed from free agency. The Orioles have reportedly been pursuing upgrades in their rotation all winter as they seek to bolster their club for one more run with Machado, closer Zach Britton and center fielder Adam Jones at the forefront of their roster. Heyman notes that the Os are also having internal discussions about whether to try for a Machado extension, though doing so would likely require a precedent-setting deal for the 25-year-old superstar, as Machado currently projects to hit free agency at the abnormally young age of 26.

MLBTR

You'd get a haul and start that rebuild.

Also, move Britton to the Cards

I don't why this would be connected to the Chatwood signing.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Trade him this offseason so you get as much as possible in return. Might as well considering the Orioles are not shelling out 300+million dollars to sign him.

Yeah it would make sense to trade him, can't see him resigning in Baltimore.

Where does everything this he'll likely go?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Where does everything this he'll likely go?
    Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Dodgers
    Ok, I know that's sarcasm. But seriously. You can go to the big spenders like the Yankees. But other than them, Boston won't go after him, Dodgers won't...I'm very curious
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Ok, I know that's sarcasm. But seriously. You can go to the big spenders like the Yankees. But other than them, Boston won't go after him, Dodgers won't...I'm very curious
    Wow i totally thought this was the Stanton thread haha oops.

Re:Machado. If traded, dont know maybe the Angels? Not familiar with their farm system ive heard its not great.

Can also see a team not too far from being legit contenders acquiring him now and working on an extension before hits the open market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't why this would be connected to the Chatwood signing.
    The Orioles were never going to go that high for Chatwood. They probably thought a deal similar to this could net them Alex Cobb or Lance Lynn. Gven that they don't seem inclined to move their prospects, leaving the only trade leverage to improve SP as the "Big 4" of upcoming free agents that we have.......I just see this as the Orioles finally admitting that they won't spend big on SP and don't have another way to acquire the SP needed to compete. That is why I think that news breaking that they are listening to offers for Manny coincided with the Chatwood signing.

Also, the Orioles were just spurned for Mike Fiers- apparently we offered him two years at $11 million, and he took one year for $6 million from Detroit. Now, does he make that back and more in arbitration next year? Absolutely. However, if this is the idea that the Orioles have of improving their starting pitching, count me in the boat of trading or guys.

If the cards can't get stanton, they'll have the money next year to sign a guy like Machado.

realistically though, i'd guess the yankees if they miss out on Harper.

My dark horse is the White Sox. They should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in a year or two from their rebuild and will certainly have the money to spend.

Smart move if they trade him now.

Gotta get SP prospects in a trade though since they struggle developing their own.

I can actually see the Brewers pulling this off.

Brinson, Ray and Ortiz?

And then extend Machado and let him play shortstop. They need offensive support, and long term solutions and only have to pay Braun for 3 more years and have plenty of financial room to grow. They could give him an illogically long term contract (like 13-15 years) and spread out the payments.

13/$375? Starting around $20M a year, provide some opt-outs, and allow it to escalate to around $35M at the end.

Hmmmm Braves may be a sneaky destination. With all of the turmoil recently, making a block buster deal to "save face" would not be out of the realm of possibility. Allard (#2) Wright (#3) Riley (#9) would be a good starting point IMO. Worst case scenario is the Braves can't sign him long term and move him again to regroup some of the prospects. Freeman, Inciarte, Swanson, Acuna, Machado and Albies is one hell of a young core.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I can actually see the Brewers pulling this off.

Brinson, Ray and Ortiz?

And then extend Machado and let him play shortstop. They need offensive support, and long term solutions and only have to pay Braun for 3 more years and have plenty of financial room to grow. They could give him an illogically long term contract (like 13-15 years) and spread out the payments.

13/$375? Starting around $20M a year, provide some opt-outs, and allow it to escalate to around $35M at the end.
    Why couldn't the Cardinals be an option?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast