Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cubs sign P Tyler Chatwood: 3 years, $38 mil

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Cubs sign P Tyler Chatwood: 3 years, $40 mil

Sahadev Sharma is reporting that the deal is officially 3 years, $38 mil for Chatwood

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

He stinks. 40 mil for this guy seems overpay. I know he is pitching in Coors Field but geez.... I guess they see promise in him

Welcome: guy!

I love Theo so much. This guy has so much upside. Time for Hickey to go to work.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

He's better than Brett Anderson, I guess.

Blurb from trade rumors prediction thread:

29. Tyler Chatwood – Phillies. Three years, $20MM. About six years ago, Chatwood was traded by the Angels to the Rockies straight up for catcher Chris Iannetta. He posted a decent 2013 season for Colorado, but went down with Tommy John surgery in July of 2014. After missing all of 2015, Chatwood posted his best season with 27 starts of 3.87 ERA ball in 2016. This year, he went down with a calf strain in July and spent time in the bullpen before returning to the Rockies’ rotation. On the surface, Chatwood is a low-strikeout pitcher with a walk problem. However, he’ll be just 28 in December, brandishes a 58% groundball rate, and averaged nearly 95 miles per hour on his fastball this year. Outside of Colorado, he could become an interesting pitcher.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...edictions.html

Only double the $$$ they predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    He stinks. 40 mil for this guy seems overpay. I know he is pitching in Coors Field but geez.... I guess they see promise in him
    I was holding out hope for someone, you know, good, myself.

There's enough to like about Guy's numbers outside of Coors where I am mildly intrigued by the signing of Guy.

Welcome aboard, Guy!

This could be a homerun. At worst he's a solid 5. I do believe he has number 2 upside. A lot to work with there.

I'm bullish, I know. This is exactly why I love Theo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    He's better than Brett Anderson, I guess.
    I wish the FO was as infatuated with swing and miss pitchers as they are with supposed ground ball pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    I was holding out hope for someone, you know, good, myself.
    We will see how in all pans out. To be honest I would of rather signed Lackey for one more year then Chatwood for 3 as a 5th starter. Will see, maybe the new pitching coach works some magic. I would guess Cobb will sign with us if Ohtani doesnt, if Chatwood is our #4 I am not liking our chances next season.

He basically got a Jason Hammel contract. This deal should be upsetting to nobody. To this point he's been a backend starter, and he got backend starter money. Good news is he has middle of rotation upside. He's entering his age 28 season, 95+ MPH fastball, gets a ton of ground balls, and has one of the best spin rates in baseball on his fastball AND curveball (hence, extreme ground balls). A lot to like.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 12-07-2017 at 02:51 PM.

If Chatwood is Lackey’s replacement then fine, if he ends up being Jake’s replacement then we are going to struggle with the rotation next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I would of rather signed Lackey for one more year then Chatwood for 3 as a 5th starter.
    In all likelihood that just delays the signing of a Chatwood-esque guy another 365 days. Might as well get this Chatwood now while he's sitting there to be got.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast