Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Wings Weekly GT #1: Vs. Winnipeg (12/5), Vs. Blues (12/9)

Game 1:
    Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
    7:30 PM
    FSDT

Game 2:
    Saturday, December, 9th, 2017
    1:00 PM
    FSDT

Oh boy, we get to hear from Ken Holland during the game. I am interested and scared to here what he says, especially in regards to the future of the franchise.

That's a lucky bounce and goal the Wings need. Right place right time for Abby!

Stats will show the Wings went 0-2 on the 5 one 3 but man the Wings created so much chaos that it created a good chance/bounce for the Wings to get. Sure enough Gus gets one open on the right side and buries it.

Dear Abby,

Thanks for not sucking so far this year.

Zeke

P.S Even with all your secondary assists I'm happy with your play, bud.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Need to get the most out of the contract. Bleh.

Oh boy this 5-on-3 could be bad.

Wow. That is one of the worst tripping calls I have ever seen. The dude tripped over Jimmy's stick! Jimmy was making a stop mind you so it is highly unlikely he'd be tripping a guy and making a save simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Wow. That is one of the worst tripping calls I have ever seen. The dude tripped over Jimmy's stick! Jimmy was making a stop mind you so it is highly unlikely he'd be tripping a guy and making a save simultaneously.
    Absolute joke of a call. Hopefully they can add another here. That was a ****** knee on knee by Morrisey.

Having 2 separate 5-on-3 chances and having nothing to show for it is a really ****** job by the PP. At least the first set created some chances, this was just the Wings bumbling the puck all over the ice.

Wow the big goof scored. I do not know if it will stand though due to what the refs interpret as interference. Whether Gus ran into the goalie or was pushed into him.

Good goal for Big E. Though I admit I can understand if Jets fans are pissed over the call, that was as close as you can get. At least imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Good goal for Big E. Though I admit I can understand if Jets fans are pissed over the call, that was as close as you can get. At least imo.
    I said on HFB as the first replay came in that it was a super gray goal that could go either way. Nyquist was trying to turn up out of the crease Copp altered his route and pushed him over, but I wouldn't have been surprised or even mad had it been overturned. It's just a hard rule to be consistent on. Mickey saw it quick so I thought the refs would too.

As much fun as people have wanting this team to suck balls every night I've very happy they came out and didn't lie down. They're picking a lottery ball either way and as much as positioning seems to matter the fact is even at the bottom you only have a 20% chance at #1. I want to see our guys fight, I'm never gonna root for my favorite team to lose, I can't do it.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 12-05-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    I said on HFB as the first replay came in that it was a super gray goal that could go either way. Nyquist was trying to turn up out of the crease Copp altered his route and pushed him over, but I wouldn't have been surprised or even mad had it been overturned. It's just a hard rule to be consistent on. Mickey saw it quick so I thought the refs would too.

As much fun as people have wanting this team to suck balls every night I've very happy they came out and didn't lie down. They're picking a lottery ball either way and as much as positioning seems to matter the fact is even at the bottom you only have a 20% chance at #1. I want to see our guys fight, I'm never gonna root for my favorite team to lose, I can't do it.
    Myself, and all the Dahlin fans will do it for you than....would rather have a 20% chance than an 18....

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Myself, and all the Dahlin fans will do it for you than....would rather have a 20% chance than an 18....
    Considering how bad Arizona and Buffalo are, not really much of a chance to get the full 18. (My mistake on the 20 thing, I thouight it was 20% for some reason)
    It's 18% for 1, 12.5% for 2, 10.5% for 3, then 9.5% for 4 then decrease by less than a percentage point per position.

So maybe if we were actually one of the worst teams in the league. But this team isn't a 31 or 30 place team right now, hopefully after selling they will be.

I'd rather watch my favorite team come out of a 10-1 loss and fight hard and win than watch them lay down and die. I watch basically every game, I can't possibly imagine sitting there hoping for half the team to fail but have the other half play well so they don't turn out to be **** players in the future.

If we get Dahlin it will be like how Jersey got Nico.

Whatever, though, I just hope we get a good player and there's plenty to be had in the top of ten of this draft. Hoping for Dahlin is like going out and only trying to bang a 10, like yea no ****, but it's probably not going to happen, even in 31st you have a 51% chance to pick 4th.
    I'm gonna hope to get a player like Hughes, and maybe next year we can be terrible enough for his brother. If we do get Dahlin, that's just gravy then.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 12-06-2017 at 11:34 AM.

I am conflicted on what I want. I want entertaining hockey, especially considering the dead season of sports that is to come, but I also want what is best for the franchise, that being landing a young stud in the draft. Part of that probably has to do with the fact that my choice in teams I root for ****ing suck (save for the Pistons...currently).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast