Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ron Baker vs Daymeon Dotson Thread

So with Hardaway being out for awhile, we will get a significant look at these two players. For some reason I kind of have a feeling Baker might take a next step up in development.

He looked a lot faster and confident in the Pacers game. I always felt like he's a nice combo guard that in a perfect world can end up like a similar player to Jordan Clarkson.

When I look at Dotson, he just seems like another player that needs to get stronger but I liken his game to be like Danny Green.

The Knicks are loaded with potential role players. They need someone to step up to play like a real no. 4 option and 6th man.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    So with Hardaway being out for awhile, we will get a significant look at these two players. For some reason I kind of have a feeling Baker might take a next step up in development.

He looked a lot faster and confident in the Pacers game. I always felt like he's a nice combo guard that in a perfect world can end up like a similar player to Jordan Clarkson.

When I look at Dotson, he just seems like another player that needs to get stronger but I liken his game to be like Danny Green.

The Knicks are loaded with potential role players. They need someone to step up to play like a real no. 4 option and 6th man.
    I personally prefer Dotson over Baker big time, but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I personally prefer Dotson over Baker big time, but that's just me
    I agree, never saw it in Baker. He was just a coach/front office favorite...doubt he sticks on to an NBA roster after his contract is up with the Knicks.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I love Baker and think he is a great guy in the role he has right now, an end of the bench guy who can bring some energy, D and a little O.
    Dotson to me has a much greater upside. He is really athletic, he also plays solid D. If he gets a consistent offensive game, he will be a legit starter or at worst a very good 6-8th guy off the bench.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I'm confused by this thread because I don't see any relation that they having in role or playing time.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I'm confused by this thread because I don't see any relation that they having in role or playing time.
    You know that you're a Knicks fan when you take the time to make a thread about Daymeon Dotson and Ron Baker.

Don't feel bad, I once spent an entire day arguing with another poster about Eddy Curry becoming an all star with the Knicks.

I have much more hope for dots on as an nba player. Baker wouldn't be in the nba if the knicks let him go

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    You know that you're a Knicks fan when you take the time to make a thread about Daymeon Dotson and Ron Baker.

Don't feel bad, I once spent an entire day arguing with another poster about Eddy Curry becoming an all star with the Knicks.
    Please, call him Baby Shaq.

Lmao. One of these guys could become the key to our season and future. Sometimes things can "click" suddenly and boom you have yourself a bona-fide asset.

I feel like Ron Bakers time is now or never.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Elvis was awesome

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

lol was that me?

what a shame I thought that guy was going to be a stud.

I think DD is going to be the over all better player. Baker is a hard worker so you never know what he'll become but if Bakers going to do it his time is right now. The one weird thing for me is that Baker was a descent shooter in college but somehow he's terrible in the NBA. That 2 year deal the Knicks gave Baker was the Knicks showing some faith in Baker and expecting him to improve. I'd like to see Baker get his 3 point shot back and continue to be a fastidious defender.
    Last edited by SK6; 12-10-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I think DD is going to be the over all better player. Baker is a hard worker so you never know what he'll become but if Bakers going to do it his time is right now. The one weird thing for me is that Baker was a descent shooter in college but somehow he's terrible in the NBA. That 2 year deal the Knicks gave Baker was the Knicks showing some faith in Baker and expecting him to improve. I'd like to see Baker get his 3 point shot back and continue to be a fastidious defender.

the deal Baker got was the Knicks desperation, that was the time of Melo being bought out talks, no Jack, no Sessions, no draft pick, we had no pg, Timmy wasn't on the team, Dotson wasn't drafted, No Rose, the Knicks were desperate and stupid.
    I'm sure they would love a mulligan on that deal, he should have gotten min, and Knicks could have used that money on a decent player.

I think a trade is coming involving one of these guys. Just feels like they are showcasing them both.

I do think both of them will be good with Dotson having probably a higher ceiling but I don't discount Baker becoming a solid rotation player and borderline starter someday.

who would even think about taking Bakers contract right now? No doubt Jeff likes him so he will get a shot to prove he belongs, he actually looks ok tonight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast