Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I agree the intent was there and given any more space between them he would've definitely left his feet. It looks like he got up on his toes but never left his feet fully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That rule is irrelevant in this situation. Burfict was a defenseless player according to this:

Some people simply use blindside block or crackback block synonymously. They are pretty similar but distinct in the NFL rules.

As I said above, I assume that the issue is targeting. The intent to injure was pretty obvious.
    I would love to hear the physics of how itís a blindside block when the shoulder went into the front numbers first.

And the issue wasnít even targeting. It was just the contact to the head. Which again if this is targeting by JuJu there needs to be an amazing explanation by the NFL at how Ilokaís wasnít targeting or intent to injure. He was lining up for a while.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That left foot looks awfully planted to me.
    Of course you can find still pictures of his feet on the ground.

If you look at the replay it's very clear that his left sole left the ground and the only thing that isn't clear is if his toes did as well.

But the pictures don't even show that moment, so they prove nothing.

This reminds me of the Dez non-catch in the Packers playoff game, when Cowboys fans thought two still images of him holding the ball proved that he maintained possession.

I would love to hear the physics of how itís a blindside block when the shoulder went into the front numbers first.
    Blindside refers to the approach of the blocker not the point of impact on the blocked player.

And the issue wasnít even targeting. It was just the contact to the head. Which again if this is targeting by JuJu there needs to be an amazing explanation by the NFL at how Ilokaís wasnít targeting or intent to injure. He was lining up for a while.
    I'm talking about targeting in reference to Vincent's comments. The NFL doesn't have a targeting rule. If there was a new rule, then yes, both hits would probably fall under it. I think Iloka should have been suspended as well. The NFL didn't communicate clearly what went into these decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm talking about targeting in reference to Vincent's comments. The NFL doesn't have a targeting rule. If there was a new rule, then yes, both hits would probably fall under it. I think Iloka should have been suspended as well. The NFL didn't communicate clearly what went into these decisions.
    Which again comes all the way back to the main issue for me:

The reasoning for JuJu was he made contact with the head and Troy Vincent said it was all about the hit.

If thatís the case when what exactly did Iloka do differently?

Also again:

PROCESSING

Which again comes all the way back to the main issue for me:

The reasoning for JuJu was he made contact with the head and Troy Vincent said it was all about the hit.

If thatís the case when what exactly did Iloka do differently?

Also again:
    His shoulder hit him at the top of his numbers. Iím still trying to figure out how low they are supposed to go. The only impact that had to do with burfictís head was hit head hitting the turf. Guy got blown up, thatís it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678