Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuester and Bengals S George Iloka suspended

Per NFLRadio

PROCESSING

Iím not a fan of either suspension, especially in the light of Gronk and Evans suspensions only being one game. Super weak by the NFL all the way around.

PROCESSING

The only way to stop the dumb stuff is to dish em out like candy.

Agree on the JuJu, didn't see what George did I didn't watch the whole game).

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The only way to stop the dumb stuff is to dish em out like candy.

Agree on the JuJu, didn't see what George did I didn't watch the whole game).
    This one was flagged:

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This one was flagged:
    I saw the one that wasn't, not a whole lot there but certainly could have been flagged.

That one that was though, holy balls. That's more than a game, IMO.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

This is why Iíve seen 3 games this season. Schuesterís hit was clean. He put his shoulder in his chest. He should get 15 for taunting and nothing else. This league is absurd. Iíd hit guys in the knees every play and just ruin careers.

I saw the one that wasn't, not a whole lot there but certainly could have been flagged.

That one that was though, holy balls. That's more than a game, IMO.
    My issue is, especially that Iloka one, from what the NFL did this year with Evans and Gronk is in play or outside the play a suspension for that is the same.

Not saying any is better than the other.

But Ilokas came in play, Gronk and Evans happened out of play but the suspension all the way around is the same. Talib and Crabs brawled and only got one game but Green and Ramsey got none. Doesnít add up at all.

My issue with JuJu is taunting has never been suspended. I get heís standing over Burfict but Burfic made the move at JuJu, then laid there like he was paralyzed. And thereís reports as soon as the stretcher hit the tunnel he hopped off the stretcher walking around and talking and cheering on his team. So if the hit and taunt was so bad, Burfict is out multiple weeks, right?

PROCESSING

Yep. After the play junk is far more egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    This is why Iíve seen 3 games this season. Schuesterís hit was clean. He put his shoulder in his chest. He should get 15 for taunting and nothing else. This league is absurd. Iíd hit guys in the knees every play and just ruin careers.
    That hit is illegal now. The changed the rule last year.

I think they both needed to be suspended one game. Juju taunting over an injured player is just as bad as what Gronk did imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That hit is illegal now. The changed the rule last year.
    I may be wrong then. What about it was illegal? Did he hit him too hard?lol

Iím all for safety in football, but this is why I donít watch. I donít understand the rules, and if this is illegal, then what is the alternative? Maybe time for the sport to just hang it up.

Thatís sarcasm not dickishness, btw
    I am curious to know the rule change.lol
    Last edited by benny01; 12-05-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I think they both needed to be suspended one game. Juju taunting over an injured player is just as bad as what Gronk did imo.
    Except the taunting can't lead to injury, Gronks did.

These rules would make sense in high school and college but adults in the NFL can make millions and should sign contracts knowing they could get hurt, including accumulative head injuries.

I started watching football at a young age and remember Ronnie Lott's style of play. If he was in todays NFL he'd be suspended 15 games a year.

It's a violent game. A dangerous game. It's our (extremely) watered down version of the Roman arena. Again, these strict rules make total sense for kids and college players that aren't getting paid but grown men potentially making millions should understand the risk that comes with the potential reward.

A flag on the field and perhaps a fine would be best. If they REALLY want to minimize injury make personal fouls 20 yard penalties and automatically take 20% of the players game check.

Gronks was blatant with intent to injure and he did. The suspension should for sure be adjusted as fit to the player injury.

Iloka's was non intentional imo. That was a football play. Unless a repeat offender I don't feel he should have been suspended.

JuJu Smith likely got 1 game due to the bad blood of it all. The hit was an unnecessary, but imo legal hit. Morally should he have stood over him...no but lets be honest we all know Burfict had it coming.

Except the taunting can't lead to injury, Gronks did.
    Hence my issue with the suspension.

If they said both for hitting high, even though I have issue with it, I get it.

But to say pile driving someone, bull rushing someone, and standing over someone is the same penalty...yikes.

Thereís part of me that says ďhey like usual these will be pushed down and it will be a fine, just the usual quick overreaction.Ē But then thereís part of me that says the nfl is trying to do what the refs havenít done in years in this rivalry: take control.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast