Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

melo is a curse

knicks 9-7
    okc 7-9

knicks are thriving with ball movement and kp is finally the focal point of the offense and carrying a team like what melo was supposed to do.
    most importantly, they're winning.

okc on the other hand is losing game after game with their "big 3", the ball stagnates, it's all iso plays down the stretch.

many said it takes time to gel. well, the melo leaving the knicks had just as much an impact, if not more since they're not running the triangle now.

Takes time to Gel and the Knicks have barely played away form home.

PROCESSING

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I agree about the knicks. But they are young and they do move the ball and play D which is refreshing.

Melo is a fantastic scorer but he doesn't move without the ball. He holds the ball and while very capable of playing D, he doesn't always put effort into it.
    Melo is so used to being the focal point and trying to put a team on his back (needed or not) this is a great test for him.

If he can accept a role, not being a role player but a role, I think he will be great and the Thunder will be a very very tough matchup for anyone.
    After watching him on the knicks for the past 7 years, I hope he can do it but I don't know that he can. If he can't, he should come off the bench and be a give Westbrook or PG a breather without hindering their offense.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    knicks 9-7
    okc 7-9

knicks are thriving with ball movement and kp is finally the focal point of the offense and carrying a team like what melo was supposed to do.
    most importantly, they're winning.

okc on the other hand is losing game after game with their "big 3", the ball stagnates, it's all iso plays down the stretch.

many said it takes time to gel. well, the melo leaving the knicks had just as much an impact, if not more since they're not running the triangle now.
    Don't you remember when LBJ, Wade and Bosh struggled?

Melo is the modern Iverson. Completely overrated ballhog his entire career.

The Truth Hurts.

I mean KP developing both physically and mentally into his third year maybe helps a little. Clearly there was issues and a disconnect between Phil, the coachís wishes, and the players as well and that huge problem was removed. Itís not all on melo.

Ill take him in LA if he discount and come off the bench.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I'm critical of Melo, but I think NY's problem were as much about Phil Jackson as Melo.

Also... it's early in the season.

That said... given that Melo is an iso player, and Westy is a ball dominant player, and that PG has always done best when plays are run for him... I never expect this 'big-3' to have much chemistry.

PG and Westy would be better than PG Westy and Melo.

It's not like in Boston when you put a great spot up shooter with a solid all-around SF and a PF who focused on playing D and rebounding. Great match in terms of skill set. Took a little time to sort it out, but they got it.

OKC is just three guys who need the ball.

OKC's GM was swinging for the fences. I don't blame him. But that is a bad fit.

That said... they may work it out before the end of the season.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Why isnít it taking time for the knicks to gel?
    What was the knicks record at home last season with melo?
    Seeing a common thread?

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    I mean KP developing both physically and mentally into his third year maybe helps a little. Clearly there was issues and a disconnect between Phil, the coachís wishes, and the players as well and that huge problem was removed. Itís not all on melo.
    One could argue that melo was holding back Kip from developing last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Melo is the modern Iverson. Completely overrated ballhog his entire career.
    at least Iverson ran off screens/played off ball and played with 5ppg scorers for most of his Philly career, talk about being forced to ballhog, Iverson is dumb for not turning those 5ppg scorers into 20ppg ones but at least he turned them into 10ppg scorers, poor Iverson

Melo is the modern day Gervin/Barry/insert scorer

iso ball and volume shooters have been around since the 60's, Wilt took over 30 shots per game in his day, Jordan is the superking of iso ball, its why he is the media hero/goat

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    at least Iverson ran off screens/played off ball and played with 5ppg scorers for most of his Philly career, talk about being forced to ballhog, Iverson is dumb for not turning those 5ppg scorers into 20ppg ones but at least he turned them into 10ppg scorers, poor Iverson

Melo is the modern day Gervin/Barry/insert scorer

iso ball and volume shooters have been around since the 60's, Wilt took over 30 shots per game in his day, Jordan is the superking of iso ball, its why he is the media hero/goat
    We get it bro, you think Iverson is a God even though anybody with eyes and a brain sees that he was not a winning basketball player and that his team often won in spite of his absolutely terrible shooting performances. Yes, he is really no different than Melo. A guy who doesn't play winning basketball and doesn't do anything other than score. And the biggest issue with both is they could have been so much better but chose not to.

The movement and penetration the Knicks have without Melo is like night and day. I do agree the Knicks schedule may catch up with them next month, but regardless this is a new team playing free and playing together, something we haven't seen in awhile. I don't put it all on Melo - his teammates loved him and he wasn't a "cancer", but we are much better off without him. You really need the right pieces around him to make up for his lack of movement and stagnating style.

At this point in his career he needs to embrace a super 6th man role. He could kill it for a contender in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    Why isnít it taking time for the knicks to gel?
    What was the knicks record at home last season with melo?
    Seeing a common thread?
    Thereís a difference of time to gel from when thereís a clear pecking order (Porz, Hardaway, Lee) and when thereís 3 guys needing to figure it out (Westy, PG13, Melo).

How quickly we forget the first year of the Heattles was 9-7 with lots of struggles to start.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    We get it bro, you think Iverson is a God even though anybody with eyes and a brain sees that he was not a winning basketball player and that his team often won in spite of his absolutely terrible shooting performances. Yes, he is really no different than Melo. A guy who doesn't play winning basketball and doesn't do anything other than score. And the biggest issue with both is they could have been so much better but chose not to.
    Wrong.

AI was too short. Scoring and playing the passing lanes and at times leading the league in steals several seasons was the way he impacted the game. He gave his passion, heart, soul and body each and every night. He always had the sense of urgency to win. Sixers made it to the finals because of him. Just look at that roster in 2001!

Melo despite being physically big and strong has no heart, is one-dimensional, and not impactful at all. Heís a stiff one trick pony.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast