Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

12/4: Sixers vs Suns

We look for B2B wins the the lowly suns coming into town. We are 10.5 point favorites right now which I am pretty sure is the most we have been favored by a decent margin. I dont think there are any serious injuries but TJ is listed as day to day. Fully expect a relatively comfortable win here.

This team has some shooters, the only way this is close is if they go lights out on us like the Kings did. Embiid should have a big game, and look for Simmons to bounce back.

Need to see the Sixers play strong for four quarters. I'm tired of the huge let downs every game.

Quote Originally Posted by MTone8788 View Post
    Need to see the Sixers play strong for four quarters. I'm tired of the huge let downs every game.
    Part of the learning curve.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Part of the learning curve.

why... the ****... is bayless on this team.

i am so ****ing sick of this team and the forcing 3 point shooting... it literally killed us and i dont want to hear about growing pains... run the ****ing offense and stop chucking.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am so ****ing sick of this team and the forcing 3 point shooting... it literally killed us and i dont want to hear about growing pains... run the ****ing offense and stop chucking.
    Let me get this straight. You're sick of a team that has won more games at this point than they have in each of the last 5 seasons. Also this is growing pains and you should hear about. This team is not anywhere close to a finished product. Think that we are all of sudden the Spurs, Warriors or Cavs right is ridiculous beyond all belief. Settle down man and stop putting unbelievable expectations on this team and enjoy the season so far.

So basically when covington dribbles it is a disaster. When he is right he is watchable but when he doesn't shoot he is probably the most frustrating Sixer to me. As soon as that ball hits the floor with him it is either a pass that gets intercepted or an offensive foul. When is is off shooting he literally brings nothing else offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Let me get this straight. You're sick of a team that has won more games at this point than they have in each of the last 5 seasons. Also this is growing pains and you should hear about. This team is not anywhere close to a finished product. Think that we are all of sudden the Spurs, Warriors or Cavs right is ridiculous beyond all belief. Settle down man and stop putting unbelievable expectations on this team and enjoy the season so far.
    do you even understand the situation before you post? Did we just lose to the spurs/warriors etc? We lost to the suns AT HOME... It is not unbelievable expectations to expect us to beat them at home with embiid/simmons on the floor and healthy unless you are telling me TJ is that much of a god... I am not expecting us to get 72 wins so stop with the omg expectations and we should just be happy stuff... We lost to a bad suns team with an overrated *** Booker at home while yet again we were forcing terrible 3 point shots instead of running the offense... If we lose this game it sucks but losses happen... we should not be just launching 3s just for the hell of it.. that isnt our game or it shouldnt be when you look at our players... This is how you lose to terrible teams and play down to their level and we did just that and it could easily happen again thursday to the lakers and its been the passed 5 games we have done this... I was all for letting them get it out of their system in the blowout lose a few games back but it has carried over now where we are taking dumb 3 point shots instead of RUNNING THE OFFENSE. Sorry I am not gonna just enjoy the team and be happy that they win a few more games... there is and should be expectations because our guys are that great and we have the team to be a top 4 seed.

terrible game but what are you gonna do when Booker and Warren cant miss a jumper even when defended well. Every time we made a run late third and the 4th we got him with a bogus foul and it killed the momentum. Simmons and Embiid were great but maaaan Cov has been really bad of late, its hard to watch. But L's like this are gonna happen to everyone so as long as we continue to bounce back after the bad ones its cool. Beat the **** out of the Lakers on thursday and we can forget about this one.

side note: how perfect would Booker be on this team? that kid can shoot and showed more ability to create his own shot than i expected.

Ok so finally watched the game (was travelling last night) and some takeaways:

~People say it's an excuse, but at this point the thinness at certain positions is hurting. No TJ and no Fultz means no second true PG available. Bayless is a combo guard, Staus is a SG who can dribble, and Saric is a PF with some handles. Same thing at SF and no depth behind RoCo so we have to rock with him. Heck all our PF depth starts right now.

~Simmons was sick last night apparently with the same thing Embiid had? Explains a little of the bad defense.

~In the offseason some were clamoring for the starting lineup we have right now, and I said they were going to struggle defensively. Well they are. We're getting torched by guards right now because no one can defend them. JJ isn't a great defender, RoCo isn't fast enough, Saric isn't a great defender, and Simmons is having to do to much.

~Credit where credit is due. Booker was on a boat and the basket was an ocean. He could hit it at will.

~We desperately need a consistent 3rd performer on this team.

Crappy loss, but even good teams have one or two duds like this throughout the season. Go out and get the next one.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    do you even understand the situation before you post? Did we just lose to the spurs/warriors etc? We lost to the suns AT HOME... It is not unbelievable expectations to expect us to beat them at home with embiid/simmons on the floor and healthy unless you are telling me TJ is that much of a god... I am not expecting us to get 72 wins so stop with the omg expectations and we should just be happy stuff... We lost to a bad suns team with an overrated *** Booker at home while yet again we were forcing terrible 3 point shots instead of running the offense... If we lose this game it sucks but losses happen... we should not be just launching 3s just for the hell of it.. that isnt our game or it shouldnt be when you look at our players... This is how you lose to terrible teams and play down to their level and we did just that and it could easily happen again thursday to the lakers and its been the passed 5 games we have done this... I was all for letting them get it out of their system in the blowout lose a few games back but it has carried over now where we are taking dumb 3 point shots instead of RUNNING THE OFFENSE. Sorry I am not gonna just enjoy the team and be happy that they win a few more games... there is and should be expectations because our guys are that great and we have the team to be a top 4 seed.
    Like!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    terrible game but what are you gonna do when Booker and Warren cant miss a jumper even when defended well. Every time we made a run late third and the 4th we got him with a bogus foul and it killed the momentum. Simmons and Embiid were great but maaaan Cov has been really bad of late, its hard to watch. But L's like this are gonna happen to everyone so as long as we continue to bounce back after the bad ones its cool. Beat the **** out of the Lakers on thursday and we can forget about this one.

side note: how perfect would Booker be on this team? that kid can shoot and showed more ability to create his own shot than i expected.
    Fultz should bring a lot of the same things.

i dont knoe about shooting like that but man a line up of Fultz, Booker, Simmons, Cov, Embiid would be wild with Dario as 6 man.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast