Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

Rubio does everything better than teage except shoot... Rubio if he were on the wolves this year would be similar to Rondo on the celtics in terms of his assists and a better defender... Wolves ****ed up.

No. Every player has limitations, some more than others. So potential is all about are your limitations things that with hard work you can improve dramatically or not. His aren't. It's a lot like assessing Isaiah Thomas. He's never going to be an elite defender. Lonzo has the same issue. But instead of height it's his lack of high end athleticism. He can't stay in front of anyone. And on the flip side, he doesn't have the speed to beat guards consistently off the dribble. He's utterly dependent on the pick and roll, which wouldn't be the end of the world if his shot was more consistent. And even that is a bigger issue than it should be because his form is terrible. Bad form leads to inconsistency because you're shooting based off of feel. FT% is always a good indicator of natural shooting ability, and his is always bad.

Most ironic thing about him is his dad talked him into being overdrafted. No way he should've went over the players he did. I had him ranked as my 5th best PG prospect (including potential). He should've ended up on the Pelicans. His game would've been a great fit there.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I'm using the measure that Rubio's teams are better when he's on the court than when he's off, and to a higher degree than Teague's are (this is over years, consistently). Rubio always ranks higher in individual RPM for that reason. He's a better team basketball player, period. If sagging off was capable of working they would fail with him on the court, and he wouldn't still showcase incredible playmaking year after year. He has a SPECIAL talent, Teague has nothing special.
    Lmao RPM. Teague was better in VORP, PER, and Win Shares. But lets look at RPM. Also he can shoot the ball. Stop crediting Rubio like he's Gary Payton defensibly. His defense is such a marginal thing.

There is practically nothing that says he's better than Teague.

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Rubio does everything better than teage except shoot... Rubio if he were on the wolves this year would be similar to Rondo on the celtics in terms of his assists and a better defender... Wolves ****ed up.
    I agree with you man, Rubio is so under rated on this board it's hilarious, adding Jimmy Butler, Rubio would have been stellar in that line up. Teague was a joke in the east, what did people think he was gonna do in the West. Talk about a team that can't get a PG pick right, Rubio has improved so much and this was the wrong time to move him, Teague could barely play over Schroeder and he is a bum, are you kidding, it's crazy

Can Lonzo be an elite player in this league?

Ya as a minny fan I would prefer to take Rubio back

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Lmao RPM. Teague was better in VORP, PER, and Win Shares. But lets look at RPM. Also he can shoot the ball. Stop crediting Rubio like he's Gary Payton defensibly. His defense is such a marginal thing.

There is practically nothing that says he's better than Teague.
    Except if you actually watch them play. I love the stats being thrown out, just watch the game, if we are playing pickup, you would pick Teague first? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post
    No. Every player has limitations, some more than others. So potential is all about are your limitations things that with hard work you can improve dramatically or not. His aren't. It's a lot like assessing Isaiah Thomas. He's never going to be an elite defender. Lonzo has the same issue. But instead of height it's his lack of high end athleticism. He can't stay in front of anyone. And on the flip side, he doesn't have the speed to beat guards consistently off the dribble. He's utterly dependent on the pick and roll, which wouldn't be the end of the world if his shot was more consistent. And even that is a bigger issue than it should be because his form is terrible. Bad form leads to inconsistency because you're shooting based off of feel. FT% is always a good indicator of natural shooting ability, and his is always bad.

Most ironic thing about him is his dad talked him into being overdrafted. No way he should've went over the players he did. I had him ranked as my 5th best PG prospect (including potential). He should've ended up on the Pelicans. His game would've been a great fit there.
    Lonzo thrives in the fast break, his pick and roll game is definitly not his strength, especially since his jump shot is non existent. Sure he can play the pick and roll, but his strength is to pick up the pace of the game and create fast breaks. It's way too early to be declaring star, bust, roll player or anything else. Let's looks at it for what it is, the Lakers are 2-2 Lonzo is playing ******, can't shoot a lick, yet he leads the Lakers in Rebounds and Assists and he is putting up 11.5 pts 9 assists 9 rebounds and 1 steal, again playing bad he put that up and he turns 20 today. He will be fine, and oh yeah, his teammates love him, Coaches love him, the fans love him, I live here, the Lakers have life right now, we may suck, but the kid has been a breathe of fresh air, our chemistry is great and we are playing a new style of Ball, ISO Ball is mostly gone.

And the best Pg he faced so far shot 2-8 against Lonzo with 1 assist, and 3 TO's which Lonzo Caused 2 of them. He was suppose to be tortured by Wall, yet the only thing Wall did better was score on horrible efficiency going 1-9 in the 4th and OT. Lonzo wasn't even suppose to stop him at all, yet Lonzo had more assists, rebounds, blocks, steals, better +/- and took the W. say what you will, this kid will be fine, I don't care how many stupid shooting stats everyone shows, I watch him play I know what I see, I'm just going to enjoy the ride
    Last edited by L8kers4life; 10-27-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post

Can I see your Prospect ranking list, I need to see this!

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya as a minny fan I would prefer to take Rubio back

Utah is going to show Rubios true value, he will enhance every player there, and his style is conducive to that thin Salt Lake City Air, I played football for University of Utah that altitude is nuts, and with Gobert needing shots created for him as well as hood, he was absolutely a great fit. They will make the playoffs. I love Twolves this year as well, in a few weeks, they should start blowing
    People out.

Quote Originally Posted by L8kers4life View Post
    Except if you actually watch them play. I love the stats being thrown out, just watch the game, if we are playing pickup, you would pick Teague first? Lol

Yeah I watched Rubio throw bricks at the rim as no one guarded him for years.

The Truth Hurts.

His dad did a great job selling his son. Fultz post injury, Fox, Smith has been more solid. But Lonzo plays for the Lakers so hes going to have the bigger spot light. His rebounding and football passing is good however. Fox should have been the 2nd pick. I think him and Ingram would have been special. Both being able to attack the rim at will. fox ability to score is more in line with todays NBA his quick first step and speed changing can be Tony parker ish. Ball seen to be like a Rhondo its going to boil down to who Lakers put around him.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-27-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Can I see your Prospect ranking list, I need to see this!
    I was thinking the same thing... we all need a good laugh this morning

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Far from garbage, and clearly better than what they have in Teague. He's a great defender and an incredible playmaker who makes others better, period. He's a garbage scorer, but there is a hell of a lot more to basketball than scoring (like making your team score).
    who did he make better?

Utah is going to show Rubios true value, he will enhance every player there, and his style is conducive to that thin Salt Lake City Air, I played football for University of Utah that altitude is nuts, and with Gobert needing shots created for him as well as hood, he was absolutely a great fit. They will make the playoffs. I love Twolves this year as well, in a few weeks, they should start blowing
    People out.
    jazz are really killing it so far at 29th in scoring lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing... we all need a good laugh this morning
    i personally had him 4th PG behind Fultz, Smith, Fox but Fox is a coin flip and wouldnt argue anyone having Ball over him. As a prospect def behind Tatum as well

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast