Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    well Rubio stinks and has never contributed to winning bball so thats not a good way to end up.
    not Rubio's fault. Since he was a kid, his teams perform better with him on the floor. Every single year, every single team. Sure he has limitations, but I firmly believe Rubio has become one of the more underrated players in the game. This coming from someone who used to blow him up because of his negatives.

I haven't watched enough of Ball, but to say his floor is Rubio, means that worst case, Ball will be a top half starting PG in the league. If you believe that, fair enough.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

next thread should be

WILL LONZO WIN MVP

Can he? It's possible. Will he? I definitely wouldn't bet on it.

Right now, the guy is a poor man's version of Rajon Rondo, but with inferior play in pretty much every possible area except rebounding. And even if he reached Rondo's peak level, I never once considered Rondo to be an "elite" player in the NBA. The guy cracked one All-NBA 3rd team in his career, and I don't consider a guy elite unless he belongs in the top 10 conversation.

Rondo's biggest knock was that he was insanely inefficient offensively despite being such an excellent ball-handler and distributor. He never found a consistent jumper, he took too many ill-advised shots and he he couldn't hit a free throw at an above average rate. Take everything I said about Rondo, and that goes tenfold for Lonzo in the short sample size that has been his career so far. He's averaging 11.5 points on an insane 14.3 shots per game, and his advanced stats make me want to throw up in my mouth.

Lonzo either needs to find his jump shot or take fewer, more efficient shots that he can actually make. But until he fixes that part of his game, he's miles from even being the conversation of a potential All-Star, much less being discussed as "elite." Let's hold off on having a conversation like this until the kid can hit 40+ percent of his shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not Rubio's fault. Since he was a kid, his teams perform better with him on the floor. Every single year, every single team. Sure he has limitations, but I firmly believe Rubio has become one of the more underrated players in the game. This coming from someone who used to blow him up because of his negatives.

I haven't watched enough of Ball, but to say his floor is Rubio, means that worst case, Ball will be a top half starting PG in the league. If you believe that, fair enough.
    he didnt win nor did he make anyone better. you have a hard on for Rubio everytime his name comes up so im not gonna go back and forth when i know what youre gonna say already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    he didnt win nor did he make anyone better. you have a hard on for Rubio everytime his name comes up so im not gonna go back and forth when i know what youre gonna say already.
    ...Rubio makes his teammates better. That's what " his teams perform better with him on the floor" means.

His core isn't very strong. If he goes into a strict program in the offseason we might see good D - next year. He knows what he should do, but seems unable to handle the speed. Don't think it's mental on that front.

His team is also weak, so they cant really help him out. They got lucky that the Wizards forgot how to box out.

Eventually he could be decent with the features of being a good rebounder and great passer. The notion of him EVER being considered for an MVP seems ridiculous - at this point in time.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-26-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I think he'll be a multi time all star with a Jason Kidd type career. He's so natural getting assists and rebounds. Better shooting and scoring will come down the line.

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post

Rubio is garbage. He might be better than his trash back up but that's saying nothing. So glad Minny finally cut ties with him.

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Rubio is garbage. He might be better than his trash back up but that's saying nothing. So glad Minny finally cut ties with him.
    Far from garbage, and clearly better than what they have in Teague. He's a great defender and an incredible playmaker who makes others better, period. He's a garbage scorer, but there is a hell of a lot more to basketball than scoring (like making your team score).

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Far from garbage, and clearly better than what they have in Teague. He's a great defender and an incredible playmaker who makes others better, period. He's a garbage scorer, but there is a hell of a lot more to basketball than scoring (like making your team score).
    Give me Teague any day over Rubio and his busted *** shot.

The Truth Hurts.

Give me Teague any day over Rubio and his busted *** shot.
    Minny got it, and I guarantee they're regretting it. Teague is a better scorer (but not close to special). Rubio is a better... everything else in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Minny got it, and I guarantee they're regretting it. Teague is a better scorer (but not close to special). Rubio is a better... everything else in basketball.
    I'm sorry but any positives he has are completely negated by not being able to shoot. It's not like he's putting up prime Rondo stats to balance it.

I'm not sure what measure you're using to say he's better than Teague. Not being able to sag off him on defense alone is an upgrade over the few things Rubio does better.

The Truth Hurts.

I'm sorry but any positives he has are completely negated by not being able to shoot. It's not like he's putting up prime Rondo stats to balance it.

I'm not sure what measure you're using to say he's better than Teague. Not being able to sag off him on defense alone is an upgrade over the few things Rubio does better.
    I'm using the measure that Rubio's teams are better when he's on the court than when he's off, and to a higher degree than Teague's are (this is over years, consistently). Rubio always ranks higher in individual RPM for that reason. He's a better team basketball player, period. If sagging off was capable of working they would fail with him on the court, and he wouldn't still showcase incredible playmaking year after year. He has a SPECIAL talent, Teague has nothing special.

Can Lonzo be an elite player in this league?

Hard to tell now,'if he learns how to shot yes, in not, he will be a good passer, but not elite.

"Killer Instinct"

I'm not a fan of the kid, but his court vision is damn good from the little but of Lakers games I've watched so far this year

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast