Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

The "Yeah but if he is going to be going up against stars like LeBron, Wade, Steph, Durant, Giannis, DeMar & Kyle, Kyrie, etc. then we will see how good he really is" argument is laughable... so is everyone else in the ****in league...lmfao
    Last edited by Lakers + Giants; 10-25-2017 at 10:57 PM.

His court vision is obviously elite, however having watched every Ball game thus far, I have my doubts:

Not really worried about his 3 point range shooting...

He doesn't really have the quickness that current point guards have, nor does he have a first quick step.
    He doesn't have the best handling skills.
    He lacks a consistent mid-range or floater
    he has a great demeanor, but his playing style also reflects that, especially on D where at times he plays good D and other times he plays very laxed
    He lacks the assertiveness/aggressiveness that elite players have

With all this said, it's 3 games into his rookie season, compare to Kobe, KD, Steph, KG rookie years....

Moral of the story, way too many question marks to have any idea if he will be elite, good, role player, or avg...

The great thing about Lonzo is you don't have to worry about his rebounding, defense, leadership, and maturity. Those are the toughest things to get from a player. His scoring is the only thing holding him back. He needs to be able to drop 20 to get defenders to respect him more.

If he can lock up on defense he can be jason kidd. if not, then his ceiling is ricky rubio

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    If he can lock up on defense he can be jason kidd. if not, then his ceiling is ricky rubio
    ricky rubio looks like his floor tbh.

I think he can be either anywhere from ricky rubio to jason kidd.

well Rubio stinks and has never contributed to winning bball so thats not a good way to end up.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The great thing about Lonzo is you don't have to worry about his rebounding, defense, leadership, and maturity. Those are the toughest things to get from a player. His scoring is the only thing holding him back. He needs to be able to drop 20 to get defenders to respect him more.
    His defense is good?

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Can Lonzo be an elite player in this league?

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    His defense is good?
    My thought too.

Hes 66 and should be able to use his length and body up opposing PGs. Hes not as quick as other PGs but he should be able to use his length to corral them in.

Instead he plays more like a 6 guard who has to play the lane because hes too small to body guys up.
    Last edited by warfelg; 10-26-2017 at 10:42 AM.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i dont think him putting the work in will be an issue... Say what you want about him and his idiotic dad but he raised them to work their ***** off in basketball all the time and you could see it in ball so far... He has had 1 bad game and 1 very good game but the thing in both games was he was the hardest working dude on the floor and that nomatter if he busts is something i can respect... I think his shooting mechanics will still hold him back though but with how bad the lakers defense is he should have the offense scoring a ton much like the other night.

my 1 gripe about DLO was his fire and work ethic... the one thing i loved about kobe was he walked/talked/ate/slept basketball 24/7... lonzo will do the same... I think DLO is more talented but ball has a fire in him DLO didnt have. Fultz/Tatum/Jackson cant compare to that fire... DSJ and Ball will kill themselves it seems for the game.
    you are right I work out with DLO all the time and he is constantly skipping leg day, never want to work on his defensive slides....

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

is there a way to report or delete this? he hasnt even played for a month, now were talking about elite...HOF....

is Joe Flacco elite?

you should all be ashamed of yourselves

Ben Simmons is better and will be your ROY.

PS is Lonzo better than MJ already?

I think this topic is stupid, way too early. Ask this after the season is over so we have a better idea of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    I think this topic is stupid, way too early. Ask this after the season is over so we have a better idea of his talent.
    It's ok to have forward looking discussion and not just wait until everything has been proven so we can evaluate. The difference between the good and bad teams are the ones that can project talent, not just evaluate it.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I think he will be one day. Not this season, not the next, not the next etc. But eventually yes i think he be at worst a top 15 player in the league during his prime. Id bet closer to top 10 though. My opinion, call me a homer if you like, idc lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    but Rubio is an excellent defender...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast