Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

I think he has the intangibles to be the best point guard in the league in the next few years. I know he did terribly, but Beverly might be the best defensive point guard in the league; if guys like Wall, Westbrook, Curry, Lowry, and company have had bad games against this guy, it's understandable that a guy who's playing his first career game didn't exactly light him up. In the other games, he's filled the stat sheets.

He'll need to put in work on both ends (hopefully he doesn't ignore his defensive game; too many guards get killed on the other side of the court), and if he does, we might see a similar prototype to Jason Kidd, but with an actual shot.

** Side note, for all the good things we say about Kidd, but I see that basically nobody picks him off for some of his terrible shooting percentages, even in the contending years... anyone shooting sub .400 now would probably be seated on the bench and scolded by the fans (I know the lower percentages weren't frowned upon that much back then)
    Last edited by Cal827; 10-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    I think he has the intangibles to be the best point guard in the league in the next few years. I know he did terribly, but Beverly might be the best defensive point guard in the league; if guys like Wall, Westbrook, Curry, Lowry, and company have had bad games against this guy, it's understandable that a guy who's playing his first career game didn't exactly light him up. In the other games, he's filled the stat sheets.

He'll need to put in work on both ends (hopefully he doesn't ignore his defensive game; too many guards get killed on the other side of the court), and if he does, we might see a similar prototype to Jason Kidd, but with an actual shot.

** Side note, for all the good things we say about Kidd, but I see that basically nobody picks him off for some of his terrible shooting percentages, even in the contending years... anyone shooting sub .400 now would probably be seated on the bench and scolded by the fans (I know the lower percentages weren't frowned upon that much back then)
    Kidd is among the all time leaders in 3PT made and shot above league avg his final 10 seasons. Ball doesnt have a reliable jump shot, that motion and release arent gonna do it on this level. he has the tools to be good just about everywhere else but he never screamed special to me, more like solid starter, maybe an all star game or 2.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Honestly, if you watched the game you know Beverly did nothing to Ball other than one nice steal. Ball's shots that were missed were wide open. You have to remember he missed the entire preseason except for one game. He's playing with four new guys who themselves had never played together even during the preseason. He's trying to pick his spots and find his way and was tentative. Beverly's defense literally had no effect. He played pretty much the same way versus New Orleans. He doesn't know when to attack and when to pass quite well yet. But he's 19, I wouldn't expect him to.

Beverly defense is good against point guard who like to dribble and attack to score. Ball doesn't play that way at all. He comes off the screen and is always looking to pass. A good one-on-one Defender is rendered useless against screens and a point guard that just wants to kick it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Kidd is among the all time leaders in 3PT made and shot above league avg his final 10 seasons. Ball doesnt have a reliable jump shot, that motion and release arent gonna do it on this level. he has the tools to be good just about everywhere else but he never screamed special to me, more like solid starter, maybe an all star game or 2.
    By that same logic, you could have said Kidd will never be a good 3-point shooter because he had a funky set shot. You said his last 10 years in the league he shot a good perventage, well the dude played a lot more years than 10. That means his first several years in the NBA he was no good at the 3. There's no reason Ball can't be the same type of player.

A lot of people would be made to look like fools if they cast Hardline judgments on players in their first, second,and sometimes even 3rd years. Go look at Paul George's numbers, Kawhi Leonard's, and a host of other NBA players in their second years barely cracking 12 points a game. Those guys are franchise players now who a lot of people probably said they were bust at the end of their second years because this, that, and the other.

Ball numbers are actually close to elite.

13 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists

Its only 3 games so letís see what happens. So far tho heís doing better then just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah but will he? Beverley made a fool out of him in his first game and if you put premier defenders on him he won't be able to do much
    Beverley has "made a fool" out of seasoned vets, that's why he's an all NBA defensive 1st team player.... It should not be any sort of indicator on how his career will play out to see Lonzo play subpar against beverly (who is an elite defender) in his very first NBA game...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Delete this thread hes only played 3 game

Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid View Post
    Delete this thread hes only played 3 game
    best analysis in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Hahaha. When somebody says that about Rubio(he was +10 historically when he was on the floor vs when he was off), everyone says, he's a scrub, can't shoot, blah-di-blah-di-blah. But Ball is the the second coming of Magic Johnson. Rubio is so undervalued, it's not even funny. Fn SMH!
    Rubio can't catch Oops and play above the rim. Lonzo can

Lonzo has a very good Eye. excellent passer. Good Rebounder But as i said when dealing with Westbrook i don't care much for PG's rebounding (unless long rebounds of course). They should be focused on defense and getting back not doing what ur center and Forwards are paid to do. I haven't seen enough to make an opinion on his defesne but he has good length.

His scoring and shooting are clearly what needs improvement. Ya he got 29 on the suns who played Zero defense. Not even joking i could've scored double digits with that type of defense played on me. Lonzos other 2 games were HORRIBLE. Not sub-par or below avg, HORRIBLE. He needs a lot of work in that area.

My take: If Lonzo can develop a good consistent shot he will be a real good player in this league. If not he will be a slightly better rebounding Ricky Rubio.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Lonzo has matched up against. Beverley, Bledsoe and Holiday.

Wall is next up.

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    By that same logic, you could have said Kidd will never be a good 3-point shooter because he had a funky set shot. You said his last 10 years in the league he shot a good perventage, well the dude played a lot more years than 10. That means his first several years in the NBA he was no good at the 3. There's no reason Ball can't be the same type of player.

A lot of people would be made to look like fools if they cast Hardline judgments on players in their first, second,and sometimes even 3rd years. Go look at Paul George's numbers, Kawhi Leonard's, and a host of other NBA players in their second years barely cracking 12 points a game. Those guys are franchise players now who a lot of people probably said they were bust at the end of their second years because this, that, and the other.
    Kidd was a stud defender from day one. Comparison doesn't stand up since he's already behind the curve in that regard. But if you're talking only about shooting, I agree no reason he can't improve and become more consistent.

Nonetheless on topic, I don't think Ball will be elite. I think he'll be a premier top 10 PG (IE: Kemba Walker caliber), but not elite.

Elite? He's already better then Curry you son of a *****es!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Elite? He's already better then Curry you son of a *****es!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ^^

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i dont think him putting the work in will be an issue... Say what you want about him and his idiotic dad but he raised them to work their ***** off in basketball all the time and you could see it in ball so far... He has had 1 bad game and 1 very good game but the thing in both games was he was the hardest working dude on the floor and that nomatter if he busts is something i can respect... I think his shooting mechanics will still hold him back though but with how bad the lakers defense is he should have the offense scoring a ton much like the other night.

my 1 gripe about DLO was his fire and work ethic... the one thing i loved about kobe was he walked/talked/ate/slept basketball 24/7... lonzo will do the same... I think DLO is more talented but ball has a fire in him DLO didnt have. Fultz/Tatum/Jackson cant compare to that fire... DSJ and Ball will kill themselves it seems for the game.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast