Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

Which is why the Lakers brass well past legends who are Laker greats need to help mentor Lonzo or at the very least they need to help him work on his shot work on those mechanics...hell at this point maybe Magic should be the coach

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Ball apparently is disgusted with the Lakers' losing well Lonzo should be disgusted but at the same time what is Lonzo really doing about it? Nothing. Flat out point blank period nothing. If Lonzo is that disgusted then why doesn't he just play basketball and carry this Lakers team on his back. Be more aggressive as a player, work on that shot and work on your mechanics because fundamentally you just are not cutting it.
    this is the type of idiotic mentality I am talking about... the Lakers were projected to win around 30 games. They are close to that pace so what did you really expect? The roster is bad... not just defensively but offensively... they are the worse 3pt shooting team in the League... Do you think that has an impact on a PG?

Has he underperformed to expectations? Of course, because the expectations of him were ridiculous... where will he end up in his career? no one knows...

At this point the Lakers if they were smart they would trade Lonzo...that is just what I would do at this point because he has underperformed but also because if Lonzo were on a new team I think he would not only have a chance at a fresh start but the expectations for him won't be as high depending on whatever team he were to go to

That is just me that is just what I would do if I were Magic as the GM

Because at this point it can't get any worse

Which is why the Lakers brass well past legends who are Laker greats need to help mentor Lonzo or at the very least they need to help him work on his shot work on those mechanics...hell at this point maybe Magic should be the coach
    They're not going to change his shot mid season. It'll happen this summer with a professional shooting coach, assuming Lavar lets it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    They're not going to change his shot mid season. It'll happen this summer with a professional shooting coach, assuming Lavar lets it happen.
    I know right LaVar's ego is too big for that and it is hurting his son and honestly if I were Lonzo...at this point if LaVar were my dad I would tell him to stay in his lane and just let me play...just keep your mouth shut and let me play

I mean LaVar he has to know when enough is enough and let his son go

Why was my post delted. It was perfectly on-topic.

I know right LaVar's ego is too big for that and it is hurting his son and honestly if I were Lonzo...at this point if LaVar were my dad I would tell him to stay in his lane and just let me play...just keep your mouth shut and let me play

I mean LaVar he has to know when enough is enough and let his son go
    Ronda Rousey has this terrible coach. Loud, obnoxious, gives REALLY bad advice. He's largely responsible for her two losses. If she wasn't his client he'd be run out of the sport. Even Ronda's mother hates the guy. Do you know what Rousey says? "He's gotten me this far."

That's how I think Lonzo feels about his dad.

Yeah but even so there comes a point where Lonzo has to say look Dad I know you may have gotten me this far but I don't need you living your life vicariously through me because everything you are doing right now is hurting me not helping me

And playing in a big market like LA there is always going to be expectations...winning history winning culture they are going to expect this kid to be a star right out the gate and he hasn't been in fact quite the opposite

If Lonzo were any other rookie he would have been sent down to the G-League point blank period but since he is Lonzo Ball they obviously are not going to get rid of this kid and to tell you the truth it isn't doing Lonzo any favors

Look at all of his performances we are like 26 games into this 82 game season...come on man

Yeah but even so there comes a point where Lonzo has to say look Dad I know you may have gotten me this far but I don't need you living your life vicariously through me because everything you are doing right now is hurting me not helping me

And playing in a big market like LA there is always going to be expectations...winning history winning culture they are going to expect this kid to be a star right out the gate and he hasn't been in fact quite the opposite

If Lonzo were any other rookie he would have been sent down to the G-League point blank period but since he is Lonzo Ball they obviously are not going to get rid of this kid and to tell you the truth it isn't doing Lonzo any favors

Look at all of his performances we are like 26 games into this 82 game season...come on man
    Eh. They would have no reason to send him down. They're not competing for a playoff spot and their other PG options are non-existent anyway. They were married to Ball the moment they traded Russell.

I want the Pacers to send TJ Leaf down, but that's because he only gets trash minutes. He needs reps badly. Ball does not have that problem.

Eh. They would have no reason to send him down. They're not competing for a playoff spot and their other PG options are non-existent anyway. They were married to Ball the moment they traded Russell.

I want the Pacers to send TJ Leaf down, but that's because he only gets trash minutes. He needs reps badly. Ball does not have that problem.
    Lonzo just needs it to be offseason bad.

If I were the Lakers, I would hook him up with a shooting coach, send them both far away, keep him from his dad. Basically give Lonzo a cleanse from everything dealing with his dad, let him rebuild his game, and keep him far away from view for the offseason. No posts about progress on instagram, nothing on twitter, no "BSOHL" posts. Just go to the lab, and come back in the new season and show what you can do.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Lonzo just needs it to be offseason bad.

If I were the Lakers, I would hook him up with a shooting coach, send them both far away, keep him from his dad. Basically give Lonzo a cleanse from everything dealing with his dad, let him rebuild his game, and keep him far away from view for the offseason. No posts about progress on instagram, nothing on twitter, no "BSOHL" posts. Just go to the lab, and come back in the new season and show what you can do.
    Right approach to take with Lonzo as far as I am concerned but also they need to get rid of Luke Walton as coach because right now as coach Luke just isn't cutting it because Luke is not being hard enough on Lonzo...Lonzo needs a coach who can push him harder push him to that next level bring that dog out in him and if you think Luke Walton is ya boy to do it it ain't happenin no way no how

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    this is the type of idiotic mentality I am talking about... the Lakers were projected to win around 30 games. They are close to that pace so what did you really expect? The roster is bad... not just defensively but offensively... they are the worse 3pt shooting team in the League... Do you think that has an impact on a PG?

Has he underperformed to expectations? Of course, because the expectations of him were ridiculous... where will he end up in his career? no one knows...
    Is it ridiculous to expect him to shoot better than 31% from the field?

Is it ridiculous to expect him to shoot better than 25% from 3pt?

Is it ridiculous to expect him to shooter better than 50% from the free throw line?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Plus if I'm a lakers fan I want Ball/Ingram to play 30 minutes together every night. Regardless of Ball's shooting percentages he's a phenomenal passer and those two need to develop chemistry on the court on both ends.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Plus if I'm a lakers fan I want Ball/Ingram to play 30 minutes together every night. Regardless of Ball's shooting percentages he's a phenomenal passer and those two need to develop chemistry on the court on both ends.
    I will say Ball/Ingram they do have chemistry

At this point hell I would even take Jordan Clarkson over Lonzo to start because Lonzo you might as well bring him off the bench at this point...be a bench player because as a starter it obviously is not working out

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast