Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

It takes time for players to adjust to NBA speed. It could take him the entire year but he really needs to develop his in between game. It's not just his shot.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Lonzo notice how he has only put up double figure like numbers only 3 times this season as far as putting up double double like numbers but at best he has been putting up like small miniscule stats as far as scoring goes but I will admit he can pass

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    A more insightful post would be more appreciated from the community. We all understood that you despise him and everything that surrounds him, but that's the reason why lately people can't stand you in this forum. Your posts are all borderline trolling.

Can he bust? Surely, like anyone else.

Did he already bust? No, I don't think so. He's not playing well, but he showed something anyway and, above all, we got too few games to make a correct evaluation.
    why is more insight needed exactly? he has been terrible... its 20 plus games... currently what he has done means nothing... he can easily grow and be the best player in basketball or he could never be good and be out of the league in a few years... this is called logic where no insight is needed but the ongoing theme to cover up for his horrid play is he will grow which is fine but more so the supporters act like that is the end all be all argument and will equate to him being great when infact busts happen all the time... i dont give a **** if people can stand me or not but please do not sit here and speak of insightful posts when the simplest answer is just using logic.... 25 or so games in... there needs no other insight.

But again this dude is getting compared to kidd/lebron and gets all the media hype etc so with that hype comes scrutiny and guess what people need to deal with it.

-His shot is horrid
    -his defense is bad even if fans try to tell you its good because of a block or 2 and a steal
    -he focuses more on rebounds and cares little about getting back on defense
    his offensive stats are inflated because of what i said right above this and his defense looks worse than it probably is because of that
    -He has no fire on the court and shows no tenacity or fight nomatter the score
    -He has amazing vision
    -He isnt as athletic as you would like a 6 foot 6 PG to be
    -He has a really slow first step and seems scared of the rim

all in all he has been horrid but its only 20 plus games... he will learn...i doubt he will be great but i doubt he will bust either... his lack of a quick first step kills his game as much or more so than his horrid shot... he will need a ton of help around him much like a rondo did if you want to optimize his potential and limit his weaknesses.

hey another ball thread. Lemme go create another.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    why is more insight needed exactly? he has been terrible... its 20 plus games... currently what he has done means nothing... he can easily grow and be the best player in basketball or he could never be good and be out of the league in a few years... this is called logic where no insight is needed but the ongoing theme to cover up for his horrid play is he will grow which is fine but more so the supporters act like that is the end all be all argument and will equate to him being great when infact busts happen all the time... i dont give a **** if people can stand me or not but please do not sit here and speak of insightful posts when the simplest answer is just using logic.... 25 or so games in... there needs no other insight.

But again this dude is getting compared to kidd/lebron and gets all the media hype etc so with that hype comes scrutiny and guess what people need to deal with it.

-His shot is horrid
    -his defense is bad even if fans try to tell you its good because of a block or 2 and a steal
    -he focuses more on rebounds and cares little about getting back on defense
    his offensive stats are inflated because of what i said right above this and his defense looks worse than it probably is because of that
    -He has no fire on the court and shows no tenacity or fight nomatter the score
    -He has amazing vision
    -He isnt as athletic as you would like a 6 foot 6 PG to be
    -He has a really slow first step and seems scared of the rim

all in all he has been horrid but its only 20 plus games... he will learn...i doubt he will be great but i doubt he will bust either... his lack of a quick first step kills his game as much or more so than his horrid shot... he will need a ton of help around him much like a rondo did if you want to optimize his potential and limit his weaknesses.
    IA with this post...this rant this rant right here describes Lonzo Ball to a tee the guy plays with no heart no fire at all but does he have amazing vision? Yeah he does no problem but he lacks assertiveness and aggressiveness point blank period and not to mention his shot is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Even if Fultz wasn't available the Lakers could have drafted De'Aaron Fox as their PG but they passed on him and honestly Fox his numbers are way better than Ball's at the moment in almost every inconceivable way...I will give you this Lonzo he can pass the rock don't get me wrong on that he is a passer but he isn't a shooter or a scorer and that is why people are so hard on Lonzo because they want him to do it all
    Fox is not doing that much better. Rookies drafted in top 10 thats better playing 20min or mor. Only Tatum, Dennis Smith and Lauri is clearly ahead. Hes on par with everyone else. I will admit i do think Fox may fit this NBA era better. Its still to early to call, we will have a better idea next season. Was Ball over hyped? yes but he can still be a very useful player because of his size. Hes kind of raw for now.

Yeah Lonzo has size and vision but that is really about it...what he has as far as talent he lacks in so many other areas such as scoring and defense not to mention the man hardly plays with any heart or fire/passion

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    Too early to tell.

If he will make a major improvement scoring wise next year, we are going to talk differently of him.

This is in the hands of Lakers's coaching and Lonzo's work ethic; they,surely, must help him with his horrid shooting form and overall scoring ability.

Also, like Ingram last year, he has to bulk up to at least absorb contact while going for layups.
    If he bulk up he may become to slow for a point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    If he bulk up he may become to slow for a point guard.
    Yeah that might be true but if he gets bigger he can actually become much more aggressive in the paint and become a scoring threat

I wonder if Jerry Ball is related at all?

It's too early to tell. Everyone said the same thing about ingram last year and he has shown drastic improvement from year 1 to year 2. Gotta give these kids at least a little time to adjust to the game.

Its just funny that everyone's hatin on him so hard when like someone said only a couple of the rooks are playing better than him and really its mostly scoring. He's not a scoring point guard period. Neither was rondo when he played w the big 3 in Boston but he got so much love cuz he played w 3 all stars that made the game easy for him.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    This is historically bad. I mean.. you expect growing pains... some guys need a few years to develop, but this... this is just... you've never seen this.

It's the shooting of course. Everything else he's doing pretty well. But the shooting... you can't leave a guy on the court who is a liability like that. People say that the the Bulls played 4-on-5 on offense with Rodman on the court. But even Rodman was a far more effective scorer.

This reminds me of Rubio... yeah... great all around talent, but not shot. No shot? Makes it so easy for defenses.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

what I don't understand is what is this guys source of income? How does he get into the games?

If I was his son I would tell him to STFU and not have anything to do with him until he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah what the Lakers need to do is trade Lonzo at this point or better yet send him to G-League because in the NBA he just isn't cutting the mustard
    wrong...

People were saying the same **** about Ingram last year at this time... he continued to progress and continues this year... the expectations for these rookies is ridiculous...

If this was 1996 everyone would be saying Kobe is a bust and should go to the G League...

It's idiotic

One thread to rule them all. All Ball all the time.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast