Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball Family

Can Lonzo be an elite player in this league?

Don't get me wrong I think Lonzo is extremely talented as a player. No question about it. Then again the real problem is his father LaVar overshadows his son all the time. LaVar pretty much is living vicariously through his son and given all the press it gives Lonzo it can only put a huge target on his son's back. Now Lonzo has that added pressure not only from his father but playing in Lakerland can Lonzo be an elite player in this league? Can Lonzo truly become the face of this Lakers franchise? Can they truly build around him?

I don't think pressure gets to him so much. He has handled it very well so far, and he dropped 29/11/9 in his second NBA game. Imagine him a year from now, then two, then three.

Yeah but if he is going to be going up against stars like LeBron, Wade, Steph, Durant, Giannis, DeMar & Kyle, Kyrie, etc. then we will see how good he really is

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah but if he is going to be going up against stars like LeBron, Wade, Steph, Durant, Giannis, DeMar & Kyle, Kyrie, etc. then we will see how good he really is
    It's played 5 on 5. Has nothing to do with how good of a basketball player he's going to be.

Offensively he has the potential to be elite with a combination of Scoring and passing. Don't know if he gets there, but the tools are there. If he puts in the work it's possible.

Yeah but will he? Beverley made a fool out of him in his first game and if you put premier defenders on him he won't be able to do much

I think so yes, but it's going to a while. He doesn't really look to be all that quick so far. Maybe he's not in as good of shape as he needs to be but with time that should come. He has the IQ, the floor vision, the ball-handling ability, the shooting, and the defensive potential to be a good player. He's got all the tools he needs, but it's going to a while to put it all together. Give him three years and see how good he will be.

i dont think him putting the work in will be an issue... Say what you want about him and his idiotic dad but he raised them to work their ***** off in basketball all the time and you could see it in ball so far... He has had 1 bad game and 1 very good game but the thing in both games was he was the hardest working dude on the floor and that nomatter if he busts is something i can respect... I think his shooting mechanics will still hold him back though but with how bad the lakers defense is he should have the offense scoring a ton much like the other night.

my 1 gripe about DLO was his fire and work ethic... the one thing i loved about kobe was he walked/talked/ate/slept basketball 24/7... lonzo will do the same... I think DLO is more talented but ball has a fire in him DLO didnt have. Fultz/Tatum/Jackson cant compare to that fire... DSJ and Ball will kill themselves it seems for the game.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-22-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Lonzo is special. He sees the play before it happens. Two games into his career and he's already a league average player. He will be elite by year 4-5 if he stays healthy.

His dad is a non issue, he's a businessman playing tabloid reality against its stupid self for the sake of the baller brand. I see zero connection between how his dad toys with the media for free publicity and what Lonzo can do on the basketball court. it's an act.

You're a fool to think what his dad thinks/says has any bearing on his success. Yes, he can and will be a star. Though he will never be a superstar; too slow and can't create his shot at a high enough level. J Kidd is his absolute peak value (trading an earlier 3pt shot for a lack of D).

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah but will he? Beverley made a fool out of him in his first game and if you put premier defenders on him he won't be able to do much
    Any virgin point guard would have been made a fool of by Mr. 94 Feet. Lonzo still impacted the game in other ways besides scoring. It's only been a couple games, but he's showing some good habits and a lot of that Kidd-sian versatility I've read about.

If he can learn to shoot the ball, he will be special. If he can't, he will be Rubio, but way overhyped because he plays for the Fakers.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Any virgin point guard would have been made a fool of by Mr. 94 Feet. Lonzo still impacted the game in other ways besides scoring. It's only been a couple games, but he's showing some good habits and a lot of that Kidd-sian versatility I've read about.
    Hahaha. When somebody says that about Rubio(he was +10 historically when he was on the floor vs when he was off), everyone says, he's a scrub, can't shoot, blah-di-blah-di-blah. But Ball is the the second coming of Magic Johnson. Rubio is so undervalued, it's not even funny. Fn SMH!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

He's a gifted passer and that'll be the calling card for his career.
    Defensively he's atrocious right now. With his size and (lack of) foot speed he'll always have trouble guarding one's and two's. It'll improve but only so far.
    Not at all sure about his shooting and scoring ability.
    And let's be honest; putting up stats against this year's Phoexix team almost shouldn't count.
    They look as bad as any team I've ever seen.

typical troll thread...

yeah but ... yeah but .... yeah but

we get it ... you don't think he will

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast