Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 751 to 762 of 762
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think the concerns about the O-line are very, very valid... even with the signing of Solder. And Solder is a solid LT, but he's inconsistent especially as a pass blocker. Definite upgrade over Flowers though. We lost Pugh though and as much as I love the Hernandez pick, will he be better than Pugh right away? Doubtful. I'm not sold on the rest of the O-line either.

    I'm hoping that Barkley makes a big difference and the change of scheme helps. With Barkley, as much as I'm excited to see him carry the rock, I'm even more excited to see how we use him in the passing game. That could be where he brings us the most value. You see what Kamara did last year for the Saints and it can be a very valuable thing to have a RB who can cause mismatches against LBers. And we all know having a healthy Odell is a game changer. Also, very optimistic about Engram as the #2 option in the receiving game.
    Yeah I have the same concerns. We upgraded LT. Every other position is a wash at best, although Id like to believe Omameh is better than Jerry, so maybe that gets better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,474
    I will say this though... I was watching some Giants highlights last night and the amount of pressure on Eli from the edges was insane. I know it's just highlights, but even on the good plays from last year, Eli still had no time lol. Flowers was absolutely awful and I don't care what PFF says... he was an abomination at LT. If Solder is just average, it will be a huge upgrade.

    I think it's entirely possible that Eli hasn't regressed at all... that he's the same exact guy he's always been, but that he looked worse the last couple of years because of the supporting cast and most importantly the horrible OT's we've been running out there. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he has regressed some. But I'll tell you, even on the highlights of the season and even on players where he got the ball out quickly, the pressure was still intense coming form the edges. I still think you give Eli a clean pocket and mix in some play action, the guy can get it done. I don't wanna make excuses for Eli, but man, watching it again reminded me how bad it was.

    Here's how it goes each play: one of the OT's gives up the initial pressure from the edge, so Eli has to step in to the pocket, but then the other edge rusher beats our other OT on the inside and Eli just runs into it as he's trying to escape the first OT's blunder. He has no time to actually go through a progression, hence all the short throws and dump downs.

    I'm glade we signed Solder instead of Norwell. I know Norwell is the better player, but we really need a LT far more than an OG.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 05-10-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    27,537
    The Giants announced they have waived Paul Perkins.

    Perkins is actually waived/injured. If he clears waivers he goes to IR

    He reportedly had surgery on his pec last month, making it unlikely he would have been ready until at least midway through the season.
    - Patricia Traina

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,057
    I dunno why, but I feel like Perkins is the type of guy who will come back from injury, get a spot with the Pats, Seahawks or Packers and then suddenly have a 1,000+ yd season and go off.......or he'll never get an NFL snap again. Maybe that too.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I dunno why, but I feel like Perkins is the type of guy who will come back from injury, get a spot with the Pats, Seahawks or Packers and then suddenly have a 1,000+ yd season and go off.......or he'll never get an NFL snap again. Maybe that too.
    "Dis One"

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,474
    Perkins is not good... at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,474
    Barkley is one of the players where the more you see from him and hear from him, the more you fall in love.

    But obviously what he does in the real games is what will matter most.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    32,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I will say this though... I was watching some Giants highlights last night and the amount of pressure on Eli from the edges was insane. I know it's just highlights, but even on the good plays from last year, Eli still had no time lol. Flowers was absolutely awful and I don't care what PFF says... he was an abomination at LT. If Solder is just average, it will be a huge upgrade.

    I think it's entirely possible that Eli hasn't regressed at all... that he's the same exact guy he's always been, but that he looked worse the last couple of years because of the supporting cast and most importantly the horrible OT's we've been running out there. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he has regressed some. But I'll tell you, even on the highlights of the season and even on players where he got the ball out quickly, the pressure was still intense coming form the edges. I still think you give Eli a clean pocket and mix in some play action, the guy can get it done. I don't wanna make excuses for Eli, but man, watching it again reminded me how bad it was.

    Here's how it goes each play: one of the OT's gives up the initial pressure from the edge, so Eli has to step in to the pocket, but then the other edge rusher beats our other OT on the inside and Eli just runs into it as he's trying to escape the first OT's blunder. He has no time to actually go through a progression, hence all the short throws and dump downs.

    I'm glade we signed Solder instead of Norwell. I know Norwell is the better player, but we really need a LT far more than an OG.
    Basically this.

    For the past 2 years Eli has had to just unload the football in under 2 seconds or get crushed by the pass rush. It was absurd in 2017. Same story every snap, as you described.

    I don't care who the QB is. If he knows he has less than 2 seconds before getting squashed because his OL gets shredded every play, he's gonna develop survival instincts that are bad football habits. Snap, 2 steps, get rid of ball. No chance for a play to develop.

    This was a historically bad OL. I don't give a damn what PFF says. If their numbers are not as awful as they looked in real life, it was because the QB was releasing the ball in 1.9 seconds.

    Even an average OL will probably make Eli feel like the game is being played in slow motion.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    29,957
    I'm happy to hear Barkley is first to show and last to leave. Leads by example

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,057
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm happy to hear Barkley is first to show and last to leave. Leads by example
    Thats a very Eli trait.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I will say this though... I was watching some Giants highlights last night and the amount of pressure on Eli from the edges was insane. I know it's just highlights, but even on the good plays from last year, Eli still had no time lol. Flowers was absolutely awful and I don't care what PFF says... he was an abomination at LT. If Solder is just average, it will be a huge upgrade.

    I think it's entirely possible that Eli hasn't regressed at all... that he's the same exact guy he's always been, but that he looked worse the last couple of years because of the supporting cast and most importantly the horrible OT's we've been running out there. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he has regressed some. But I'll tell you, even on the highlights of the season and even on players where he got the ball out quickly, the pressure was still intense coming form the edges. I still think you give Eli a clean pocket and mix in some play action, the guy can get it done. I don't wanna make excuses for Eli, but man, watching it again reminded me how bad it was.

    Here's how it goes each play: one of the OT's gives up the initial pressure from the edge, so Eli has to step in to the pocket, but then the other edge rusher beats our other OT on the inside and Eli just runs into it as he's trying to escape the first OT's blunder. He has no time to actually go through a progression, hence all the short throws and dump downs.

    I'm glade we signed Solder instead of Norwell. I know Norwell is the better player, but we really need a LT far more than an OG.
    I was adamant that he's been the same QB as always.....but.....if you watch a bunch of tape from that 2011 season. DAMN. I don't think he's ever thrown the ball that good, before OR after 2011. Something about that year was like his arm was on steroids. Had zip that I haven't seen from him in a while. Of course, when you spend 2 years behind a terrible oline without enough time to plant your feet....maybe that has an effect.

    On an unrelated note, watching highlights from 2011 and the way he checks down to Bradshaw and what he was able to do in those spots, makes me realize why everyone is hyping Barkley in the pass game as much as the run game. As long as Eli has time, I don't know how defenses will scheme against OBJ, Engram, Shep and Barkley on the field at the same time.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Perkins is not good... at all.
    I dunno, I think he has the tools. He just took too long to decide where he was going to cut to. And behind our oline, he may be at least a little better than his performance showed.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •