Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Next year will likely be a transition year with a new GM and HC. Doubt we see major, wholesale level personnel changes in 2018. But I suspect after 2018 we are going to see lots of guys go - including OBJ and either JPP or Vernon.
    OBJ isn't going anywhere lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    OBJ isn't going anywhere lol
    If I was the next HC of the NY Giants, the first thing I would do is go visit OBJ. Go to his house, kick it with him, get to know him, his mother, his family. No football talk at all.

He's an exceptional talent but if the HC doesn't have a personal relationship with him, understand his thinking and learn how to channel his emotions, he's useless to us.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

I love mayfield but over darnold is insane.
    The trend on USC QB's going into the NFL have tainted my view.
    I just like what i see from Mayfield he is made some bad judgement calls but its all heat of the moment its not him going out partying to an extreme or linked to any thing crazy or atleast i haven't seen it.
    I just like the way he commands his team, I could be wrong i've been wrong before ill be wrong again.
    But 2017 i'd take Mayfield Over Darnold

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    This could be a mistake, IMO. I don't think we're getting Rosen, which is very arguably the safest pick to start day 1. Realistically, Mayfield has some red flags about his maturity and I just don't see them investing that high into a player like him. Rosen may have carry some of those concerns too, but at least with him it's not on the field stuff. As much as I think Mayfield can be a star in the league, I'd honestly be concerned of having him and Odell on the field at the same time.

That leaves Darnold, if he declares, and Allen. I'd honestly take Allen, there's just way too much upside to like about him as a passer. But either one of the two will need work to clean up a few things. Especially Darnold. Starting him day 1 is a risk, IMO. Yes, he's talented, he seems to have those intangible traits you'd like in a franchise quarterback, but he needs to clean up his mechanics, and I'd say sitting out a year or two would be the best scenario for him. Obviously, I'm no expert, but I would fear that if trusted to start day 1, having just one offseason may not be enough, and there's a chance he could turn into Blake Bortles 2.0 instead.

Honestly, I'd look to free up some cap elsewhere. I think having Eli still on roster to start next year would be a smart idea. I'd let Marshall go, trade/release DRC and maybe try to do something about JPP too before I would touch Eli.

For Team Cuts of course to take care of who you can first.
    Trading DRC before his contract is done is good

I understand the pause when it comes to mayfield
    These next few games are going to be interesting the i want to Win i dont want the Giants to be a joke ... but to geta top 3 pick ... thats huge

I like your break down of the QB issue in terms of us taking them
    I see Mayfield and Odell playing off each other. I'd like that i can't see our Offense coming out flat
    I still would love to trade down a few spots .. I just have a crazy feeling The Browns could be a trade partner..
    They could draft in a make it or break it year 2 of the top 3 players in this draft and we'd only move down a few spots.

I just think if you draft a top 10 player they need to play

Yeah Im not as convinced as you guys about OBJ being on this team beyond next year. Depends on who is GM and really depends on how OBJ integrates with the new coaching staff.

Yes hes an exceptional talent but his antics and behavior have not gone unnoticed by ownership. I hope he cuts out a lot of the crap and just focuses on football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Darnold is better pretty easily to me. Not really clsoe
    What makes you say Darnold is the better player? literally nothing points to that on the field, in fact i want to ask you are you sure that you're not confusing the 2 players for each other? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Lack of production with a Big Cap ##
    I will say i didn't love the signing when we did it.
    But it grew on me when i saw the level of snaps he's played

But restructuring contracts are key to retain the talent on the roster.

I did not look up JPP's cap hit but if it is 17.5 then yes a restructure is needed too
    to reload this roster we need to be cut what is possible.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Yeah Im not as convinced as you guys about OBJ being on this team beyond next year. Depends on who is GM and really depends on how OBJ integrates with the new coaching staff.

Yes hes an exceptional talent but his antics and behavior have not gone unnoticed by ownership. I hope he cuts out a lot of the crap and just focuses on football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like I said before they can move obj but they better get mike Evans , Hopkins or a guy like that in return. In fact those are the only 2 acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngOfNY View Post
    What makes you say Darnold is the better player? literally nothing points to that on the field, in fact i want to ask you are you sure that you're not confusing the 2 players for each other? lol
    Darnold has everything you want in a QB. Mayfield is small, I like him but I'd be shocked to see mayfield as anything more than a mid-late first if he's even drafted in the first
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Like I said before they can move obj but they better get mike Evans , Hopkins or a guy like that in return. In fact those are the only 2 acceptable

Obj is way better than mike Evans
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

It all depends on his recovery.

I swear our team is ****ing cursed that every damn player goes into a contract year coming off an injury. So they miss games to start the season, ease back in, have a few big plays and/or struggle and then our FO has to deal with a player who wants money for what they did over 3-5 years and the FO wants to value them at the future 3-5 years off an injury.

It's really simple fix the oline, draft QB first round, go ahead and finally address the LBs. I like our secondary I know it had a down year but I think they'll bounce back
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I would try and trade down a little and draft Josh Allen and have him sit behind Eli for a year or two. Or, if I believe that Davis Webb is our QB for the future I would roill the diuce with him and I would not trade down but draft Barkley from Penn State.

If I could get a LT in FA , ( Nate Solder maybe ), an offense that features Beckham and Barkley could be dynamite

Not overly impressed with the QBs quite honestly. If I had to pick, give me Josh Allen. But I really want Saquan Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Not overly impressed with the QBs quite honestly. If I had to pick, give me Josh Allen. But I really want Saquan Barkley.
    It looks like we agree

Nobody like Lamar Jackson?

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast