Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 241 to 251 of 251
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    26,999
    Giants need to grab that LG from Panthers, resign jones and Pugh and for the love of god grab a LB that can play. Goodson was a beast but never healthy. Need to grab an OLB. I’d look to bring back flunker mYbe. I know we can add some significant cap room with a couple cuts. Maybe Eli will finally restructure and save us some money. If we grab the Panthers guy and resign those 3 we could potentially look at QB RB LB LT Maybe CB in the draft.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    8,600

    2018 OffSeason Thread

    Hasn't Eli restructured multiple times to add cap space for us? This time would be different though because the Giants are likely unwilling to add years on to do it (as they should be.) it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    26,999
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Hasn't Eli restructured multiple times to add cap space for us? This time would be different though because the Giants are likely unwilling to add years on to do it (as they should be.) it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

    Not that I know of but maybe.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    8,600
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Hasn't Eli restructured multiple times to add cap space for us? This time would be different though because the Giants are likely unwilling to add years on to do it (as they should be.) it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

    Not that I know of but maybe.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82778e91/article/qb-eli-manning-restructures-contract-for-giants

    He did in 2012 and I thought he did it once before then as well but I couldn't find a link.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    26,999
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82778e91/article/qb-eli-manning-restructures-contract-for-giants

    He did in 2012 and I thought he did it once before then as well but I couldn't find a link.
    How much did he cut off?
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    8,600
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82778e91/article/qb-eli-manning-restructures-contract-for-giants

    He did in 2012 and I thought he did it once before then as well but I couldn't find a link.
    How much did he cut off?
    Saved about 7 million.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,651
    They can always backup load a contract with guaranteed money. Eli has two years left on his.
    We need a roster overhaul. DRC should be traded and we need to get Corners on Rookie Deals.. just the ODB & Collins contracts are going to hurt . We have to prepare

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    8,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    They can always backup load a contract with guaranteed money. Eli has two years left on his.
    We need a roster overhaul. DRC should be traded and we need to get Corners on Rookie Deals.. just the ODB & Collins contracts are going to hurt . We have to prepare
    definitely wanna prepare for those two but do you wanna push elis money back if you intend on moving on from him after the upcoming season? Makes him harder to move.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    26,999
    Couldn’t you just sign guys to higher cap hits in year 3 and 4? Cuz Eli is prob gone in a year or two.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,643
    Panthers are letting Norwell walk. Meet you’re new LG fellas

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Couldn’t you just sign guys to higher cap hits in year 3 and 4? Cuz Eli is prob gone in a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    definitely wanna prepare for those two but do you wanna push elis money back if you intend on moving on from him after the upcoming season? Makes him harder to move.
    This is what I ment, sorry
    Yes you can back load a contract knowing Elis cap hit won't be on the books .. it's just dangerous because injuries can happen to anyone at any time so to back load a Guard like Norwell .. probably making him the highest paid guard ever . Carries alot of risk for sure

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •