Akeem Ayers OLB $775,000 UFA
    Darryl Morris CB $775,000 UFA
    Khyri Thornton DT $775,000 UFA
    Jay Bromley DT $750,903 UFA
    Tavarres King WR $645,000 UFA
    Nat Berhe FS $603,200 UFA
    Devon Kennard OLB $591,140 UFA

I left off RFAs and ERFAs

So....I know it's early and I usually don't like jumping the gun on this thread, but since the HC and GM (and maybe others) are fired, it's as good a time as any to discuss all the offseason issues on the horizon.

Need a new HC, new GM, fix the oline, DB depth, future QB needs to be brought in if not Webb, LB still needs a boost.....gonna be tough and next year might be rough as they readjust the franchise.

FREE AGENTS

If we resign 2 out of the 3 starters i'd be happy
    Justin Pugh G $2,086,475 UFA
    Weston Richburg C $1,219,338 UFA
    Devon Kennard OLB $591,140 UFA

Would be Great Depth to Maintain
    Ross Cockrell CB $1,100,000 UFA ( 3rd/4th CB we traded for him ... )
    Orleans Darkwa RB $1,100,000 UFA ( Should be the #2 Back with atleast 15 Touches)
    Kelvin Sheppard ILB $900,000 UFA (Great Run Support LB)
    Tavarres King WR $645,000 UFA (4th WR who can stretch the field )

Side Note For the Draft is we maintain the 2nd overall pick
    If we did go QB I think i'd prefer Mayfield Over Darnold

Resign Pugh & Kennard

Sign OG Andrew Norwell
    Sign LB Nigel Bradham

I love that Accorsi is on board to help with the hiring process for GM and coach. I honestly don't know much about possible GM replacements, but I am all about Harbaugh, McDaniels or possiblyyyyyy Gruden. Any of those 3 guys, with a new GM and possibility of new QB to groom while Eli finishes his career on his terms. Seems like good stability and time to work with while Eli finishes his career and then the transition into the new QB that they draw this year. I haven't been this excited for an offseason in a long while. Here's to new beginnings boys!!

Thinking about it, even if Gruden was the slightest bit interested in coaching, no way he would coach against his brother in the same division. So that's out of the question. I'm not completely opposed to Spags either. But McDaniels or Harbaugh bring em over!

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    FREE AGENTS

If we resign 2 out of the 3 starters i'd be happy
    Justin PughG$2,086,475 UFA
    Weston RichburgC$1,219,338 UFA
    Devon KennardOLB$591,140 UFA

Would be Great Depth to Maintain
    Ross CockrellCB$1,100,000 UFA ( 3rd/4th CB we traded for him ... )
    Orleans DarkwaRB$1,100,000 UFA ( Should be the #2 Back with atleast 15 Touches)
    Kelvin SheppardILB$900,000 UFA (Great Run Support LB)
    Tavarres KingWR$645,000 UFA (4th WR who can stretch the field )

Side Note For the Draft is we maintain the 2nd overall pick
    If we did go QB I think i'd prefer Mayfield Over Darnold
    Agreed on FAs. I do think King has done enough to get just a little more in a contract than we’d pay and he’ll end up being a #3 or 4 somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We definitely need to sign Pugh back. Richburg too, unless he gets too expensive. Others I would consider are Darkwa, Kennard, Vereen, Bromley and Fluker. But main priority should be keeping Pugh. Allow him to move back to that RT spot, even if that means paying up more money. Then start focusing on what would be the right move to secure a LT NFL caliber player, because it doesn't seem as if the FA market has a lot to offer.

Definitely

Kennard
    Fluker
    Pugh

Maybe

Richburg
    Darkwa
    Cockwell

Run game was much much better with Fluker at G.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Definitely

Kennard
    Fluker
    Pugh

Maybe

Richburg
    Darkwa
    Cockwell

Run game was much much better with Fluker at G.
    Interesting....here's my take on those names:

Definitely:
    Fluker - Should be affordable, oline was good with him and worst case can be depth at his price)

Pugh - No brainer. He's a MUST)

Richburg - Almost all snaps have been at center which is a relatively low cost along the line even if he prices out at the high end. I think they could make a cap friendly long-term deal with him.

Maybe:
    Kennard - I definitely WANT him back, but if he shoots high for a contract, we have too many other places to spend the money and really, SAM is not a hard spot to fill. I love love the guy and really want him back, but his play may make him unaffordable considering he's about to get his first nonrookie contract.

Darkwa - Really depends on what Perkins does the rest of the season. Gallman should be the future at RB and I think Vereen will stick around (though I could seem him go back to the Pats or to a Green Bay or Seattle type of team). I could honestly see them do away with all RBs but Gallman and sign some new guys, depending on who the new GM and HC are.

Quote Originally Posted by 91BigBlue91 View Post
    I love that Accorsi is on board to help with the hiring process for GM and coach. I honestly don't know much about possible GM replacements, but I am all about Harbaugh, McDaniels or possiblyyyyyy Gruden. Any of those 3 guys, with a new GM and possibility of new QB to groom while Eli finishes his career on his terms. Seems like good stability and time to work with while Eli finishes his career and then the transition into the new QB that they draw this year. I haven't been this excited for an offseason in a long while. Here's to new beginnings boys!!
    I know everyone likes the big names for GM and HC, but I'm not seeing it.

Seems like the Giants would stick with Abrams at GM or Ross and probably either Spags or someone internal at HC, but......who knows. After the McAdoo nonsense and how TC left, maybe they're changing direction and will chase some names. Also, I don't see Harbaugh ever coming back to the NFL.

Agreed about Pugh - he might be the most versatile OL in the game. The guy is just so valuable.

I'd keep Richburg as well if possible. But if they need a new center I wouldn't be too upset. He's largely been underwhelming - though I think with some coaching and a new direction he still has value.

The rest can go. Sometimes teams need a completely new identity. After what we watched this year, I think it will be ok to let a whole bunch of guys go.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Agreed about Pugh - he might be the most versatile OL in the game. The guy is just so valuable.

I'd keep Richburg as well if possible. But if they need a new center I wouldn't be too upset. He's largely been underwhelming - though I think with some coaching and a new direction he still has value.

The rest can go. Sometimes teams need a completely new identity. After what we watched this year, I think it will be ok to let a whole bunch of guys go.
    Mike Solari needs to go.

Getting rid of Pat Flaherty was one of the worst mistakes they’ve made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draft darnold have him sit behind Eli for a year or 2. Fix the line

Resign Pugh rich and flunker. I'd love to have kennard back but I think he gets out of our price range
    Let Bmarsh go,
    Restructure Eli,
    Don't know how much cap we would have but gotta grab a LT RT,RB CB
    I think drc is gone, pretty expensive and I think we finally address the OL and LB situation. We could use a workhorse RB again. Should be interesting too see
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast