Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Hopefully we skip the retreads and get fresh faces like Schwartz and Marinelli

no retreads.. man !

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

no retreads.. man !
    we're screwed either way lol, either we pray for the next Pete Carroll and fail, which we will, or we try and find the next fresh face and fail, which we also will. We're the Lions. I'm used to it

Hopefully we skip the retreads and get fresh faces like Schwartz and Marinelli
    This is exactly my point. Look at the changes we have made in the last 17 years. Most people here wanted a new face . Changes were made with little or less improvement , Except when Caldwell came in . Yes we are still losing but we have also been winning more games. Winning does take time. I do understand the frustration but I feel like we are getting closer. Any good head coach worth signing is already coaching . Some may be good and are still losing. I know some things have happened this season but many of those things come down on the assistants . Not the head coach. He hires those coaches to do a job. He's not a baby sitter. And the players are also suppose to know their assignments . I know it all falls on the head coaches shoulders but I really think with some tweaks here and there especially on defense ( lots of tweaks ) we are a contending team . We also need a big power back that can get that 1-2 yards when we are fourth and short in the red zone. But the same goes with players. Anybody any good is already on a team doing his this. I would like to see what we can do with some player changes .
    I think we can still win the rest of our games if MS is healthy . I still think we can make the playoffs and make some noise. Making the playoffs would be a step in the right direction going into the off season. It might help lure a FA or two to play for the Lions.
    Yes I'm tired of losing as well. But I'm not one that packs it in the first sign of trouble. If you knew me you would understand that line . Jim Caldwell has been winning since he's been head coach. I'm for giving him the rest of this season and at least another season .
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    This is exactly my point. Look at the changes we have made in the last 17 years. Most people here wanted a new face . Changes were made with little or less improvement , Except when Caldwell came in . Yes we are still losing but we have also been winning more games. Winning does take time. I do understand the frustration but I feel like we are getting closer. Any good head coach worth signing is already coaching . Some may be good and are still losing. I know some things have happened this season but many of those things come down on the assistants . Not the head coach. He hires those coaches to do a job. He's not a baby sitter. And the players are also suppose to know their assignments . I know it all falls on the head coaches shoulders but I really think with some tweaks here and there especially on defense ( lots of tweaks ) we are a contending team . We also need a big power back that can get that 1-2 yards when we are fourth and short in the red zone. But the same goes with players. Anybody any good is already on a team doing his this. I would like to see what we can do with some player changes .
    I think we can still win the rest of our games if MS is healthy . I still think we can make the playoffs and make some noise. Making the playoffs would be a step in the right direction going into the off season. It might help lure a FA or two to play for the Lions.
    Yes I'm tired of losing as well. But I'm not one that packs it in the first sign of trouble. If you knew me you would understand that line . Jim Caldwell has been winning since he's been head coach. I'm for giving him the rest of this season and at least another season .
    I think if we had a big power back I believe JBC would be calling plays differently. Since we haven't had a consistent run game since Barry, JBC has had to use WR screens as a solution to a run game which isn't the best solution. Caldwell is a decent coach like you said but these last 4 games will tell whether or not he is safe or not. We loose out I could see Quinn firing him to bring his own coach in. His contract extension is another thing to worry about since no one knows the full details on it. If its 2 years than I could see him being fired but anymore and he stays for at least one more year.

AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 30-38-12 Points: 72
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers 1-4
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 26-11 ACC: 11-7 Good Season Boys!
    Florida State Seminoles #timeforthetaggartera

I canít remember how many times weíve watched someone like Zenner run people over, only to abandon the run game altogether afterwards. I bet the dude from last week sees 3 carries this week.

They stopped using Zenner because he couldnít catch 2 yard passes.

Itís not personnel, itís scheme.
    Last edited by whooligun; 12-09-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I canít remember how many times weíve watched someone like Zenner run people over, only to abandon the run game altogether afterwards. I bet the dude from last week sees 3 carries this week.

It's strange to me how often all teams seem to abandon the run when it's successful, I mean look how many times our D has been gutted by runs, and then out of the blue they just stop running and next thing you know the Lions have a fluke TO and Staff is leading the charge

It's strange to me how often all teams seem to abandon the run when it's successful, I mean look how many times our D has been gutted by runs, and then out of the blue they just stop running and next thing you know the Lions have a fluke TO and Staff is leading the charge
    lol the Falcons lost the Super Bowl because they went away with what got them there, what got them to the 28-3 lead

#SOF

Gotta make it easy on your QB.

i donno the numbers but im not unhappy with our run D

it seems like we eather stuff them ore they get a 15 yard run.. really not much inbetween

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i donno the numbers but im not unhappy with our run D

it seems like we eather stuff them ore they get a 15 yard run.. really not much inbetween

The loss of Ngata was huge for the run D

Ngata be kidding me.

Ngata be kidding me.
    Ngata please!
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

This frustrates me so much. Ill see him do a nice 6 yard run and then another nice run and that it. We never see him again. Like they know if they keep using him then it will be less passes for Stafford and they cannot allow that.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Ngata please!
    u gotta watch out with that lil Ngata

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

no retreads.. man !
    Could you imagine???
    Seriously... what if Schwartz was hired??
    Has that ever happened before?
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast