Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ok. So who do we hire if we fire Caldwell? Seems to me if there was a better head coach he wouldn't be available. And if one gets fired and we hire him we get right back to where we were.The head coach job in Detroit has been a revolving door for two decades. we've had 7 head coaches and Caldwell has been the best at winning games of all of them since 2000. Yes Caldwell is the head coach and responsible for what happens but he doesn't play the game. I don't have the numbers in front of me but hes' won more games in his time than two previous coaches combined . We don't have the personnal to get it done. The fault is on the players
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

So youíre good with playing shorthanded on occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Ok. So who do we hire if we fire Caldwell? Seems to me if there was a better head coach he wouldn't be available. And if one gets fired and we hire him we get right back to where we were.The head coach job in Detroit has been a revolving door for two decades. we've had 7 head coaches and Caldwell has been the best at winning games of all of them since 2000. Yes Caldwell is the head coach and responsible for what happens but he doesn't play the game. I don't have the numbers in front of me but hes' won more games in his time than two previous coaches combined . We don't have the personnal to get it done. The fault is on the players
    This isn't a bunch of guys that meet up for pickup games. These are men that are drafted or hired by one person.

If the players suck, its that guy's fault. It's pretty much 90% of his job...to put talent on the field.

I am too loyal so its not like I am going to jump ship or anything. But I feel the only way out of this mess is if the Lions as an organization no longer exist will I then be free.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    So youíre good with playing shorthanded on occasion?
    Maybe we were trying to make a statement saying that we can beat them short handed? Like psychological mind games?
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    I am too loyal so its not like I am going to jump ship or anything. But I feel the only way out of this mess is if the Lions as an organization no longer exist will I then be free.
    I agree!!! Thatís how I feel!
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

I think this is how most Lions fans feel. My wife asks me all the time why I don't just start rooting for another team. She just doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I think this is how most Lions fans feel. My wife asks me all the time why I don't just start rooting for another team. She just doesn't get it.
    Lions fans are amongst thee most loyal. You would be hard-pressed to find a fan base that has suffered as much as we have still supporting our club!
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

Yeah I can't do it. Ive tried rooting for other teams when they made the playoffs and we didn't (as is tradition), but it doesn't feel the same. They lose I don't care. They win I didn't care. I know we all get a great satisfaction from a lions win, and I can only imagine a Lions playoff win. But man all these years and still no playoff win. I mean 1 since 57. 60 years, so I do believe I will die before they win one.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Yeah I can't do it. Ive tried rooting for other teams when they made the playoffs and we didn't (as is tradition), but it doesn't feel the same. They lose I don't care. They win I didn't care. I know we all get a great satisfaction from a lions win, and I can only imagine a Lions playoff win. But man all these years and still no playoff win. I mean 1 since 57. 60 years, so I do believe I will die before they win one.

I feel that someone needs to tell you, you will definitely be dead before the Lions win anything.

Sorry buddy.

Last edited by ahoda; 12-08-2017 at 02:26 PM.

This isn't a bunch of guys that meet up for pickup games. These are men that are drafted or hired by one person.

If the players suck, its that guy's fault. It's pretty much 90% of his job...to put talent on the field.

You commented on its his fault but
    You didn't answer my question of WHO do you replace Caldwell with.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    You commented on its his fault but
    You didn't answer my question of WHO do you replace Caldwell with.
    Sorry didnít see the question.

I donít think any coach can come in and win with this team. The problems with this franchise run much deeper than one coaching spot.

Matt Stafford , Player / Coach

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

Hopefully we skip the retreads and get fresh faces like Schwartz and Marinelli

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast