Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Red Wings trade Scott Wilson to the Sabres

UPDATE: The #RedWings have traded F Scott Wilson to the Buffalo Sabres for a fifth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
    Via the Red Wings official twitter

I mean, okay? Get something for him I guess.

Bertuzzi coming to take his spot?

Lmao I think I just mentioned something about this. Waivers or just potentially a pick.

man, this just shows how little attention I've been paying this year, my first thought was "who?"

wait, he's the guy we got for Riley?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    man, this just shows how little attention I've been paying this year, my first thought was "who?"

wait, he's the guy we got for Riley?
    Yep. Him and 3rd for Sheahan. If this is to start tearing this down, there needs to be a few more names moved. Much later obviously but let this be the precursor for something that should have happened a few years ago.

ahh so basically the 5th just cancels out the 5th we attached to Riley in the first trade

Lil Bert!

I don't see them giving Puempel a look before Bert, but I hope he gets a look at some point. I'd be extremely disheartened to see a GRG vet called up.

Good move for Holland - as long as he's giving a Bert-type a shot-, gets that fifth back (albeit a year later) and Wilson can be given a 3rd line shot. I like Wilson's drive and how he plays the game, just never really got opportunity and he's not the most skilled guy. He can skate and that's a big + in today's game.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 12-04-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Would have much rather seen Helm moved than Wilson, if just so that we could see what Wilson could do not buried on a garbage 4th line with garbage players. But still a fifth isn't a bad pick I guess.

When I first read this today I was really excited this was the start of the tear down...I really hope that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Would have much rather seen Helm moved than Wilson, if just so that we could see what Wilson could do not buried on a garbage 4th line with garbage players. But still a fifth isn't a bad pick I guess.

When I first read this today I was really excited this was the start of the tear down...I really hope that is true.
    I can't imagine trading a fringe 4th liner is a signal of a tear down, but we can hope!

Agreed but let me have a moment dangit.....

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Agreed but let me have a moment dangit.....
    man, I'm slow sometimes, it just occurred to me you were joking lol I'm usually on top of that

Once I see a core player of Nyquist/DDK/Helm/Abby/Nielsen/E traded...then I will believe what I said lol

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yep. Him and 3rd for Sheahan. If this is to start tearing this down, there needs to be a few more names moved. Much later obviously but let this be the precursor for something that should have happened a few years ago.
    I agree, lets start the tear down and get what we can for anyone over the age of 28 on this roster. Lets get Bertuzzi, Svechnikov, Hicketts, Hronek, and others up here to get experience why we lose. No sense keeping 30+ guys on this team right now. Holland has got to commit (rather see him gone but whatever). I'd also really like to see McIlrath get more ice time and Witkowski should be up too. We need some attitude on this team. Adding Bert and those two would at least excite the fans a bit while also protecting the young guys from teams beating on them.

Well pump the brakes a little bit. Hronek is doing well in the AHL but would not be an NHL defender, and as much as I am for getting young guys experience there is a difference between rushing them and getting experience.

If we were to sell the farm on the back end and lets say somehow offload Green+Daley+E the call ups are Hicketts+Russo+either Lashoff or McIlrath.

On forward Bert is going to get the call up more than likely this week. But I would rather at this point have Puempel/Lorito up before Svech....he has still not fully bounced back from his injury and I don't think he will until next year. Its a lot like the year Mantha got injured in training camp and then just never got back up to speed.