Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Best Defense Since Dome Patrol?

I know the 2009 defense was special, but getting a ton of takeaways helped. Also, the offense forced teams to take chances that resulted in turnovers.

I don't have the stats, but the early Haslett defenses were underrated.

This year, however, the Saints are not near the top of the league in takeaways. They are tied for 19th. The defense is stopping drives by limiting offenses, not by getting the ball. I like that! I'd rather count on a stout defense than by hoping that top offenses get sloppy.

This defense is playing very well yes I do not doubt that and they are playing much better then I expected. Yesterday they held Cam and the boys to 112 yards rushing 183 yards passing for a total of 295. That alone is really great as the last couple of seasons they were setting NFL records for being horrible. To say this team is anywhere near the Dome Patrol is close to disrespectful. No Swilling, Jackson, Mills, Johnson on the defense and there sure isn't a Gene "The Assassin" Atkins in the secondary.

They started Harris a couple weeks ago and he is now out the NFL. Lattimore to me is as solid a CB as there is and he's a rookie. There are solid players like Vacarro that was benched earlier in the season for being horrible, but has turned it around. Bell is a player that can pop people and is leading the team in tackles. I have liked AJ Klein as I think he is solid and so is Robertson, but they are not Mills and Johnson. I think every Saints fan can without question say Jordan is easily the leader of the defense, if he is Swilling he has no Ricky. They have solid players on defense for the most part. I wouldn't say they are close to the Dome Patrol as of now.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I never said that. I said "Since the Dome Patrol". The Dome Patrol is way better.

Oh yes 2013 was solid too but yea definitely one of the best defenses since then. I mean when they all were healthy.

If there was a ball hawking Safety on this Defense it would be so fun to watch. Saints should play Taysom Hill at Safety
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Might as well! If Drew gets hurt, Hill can be a 3-way player!

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Oh yes 2013 was solid too but yea definitely one of the best defenses since then. I mean when they all were healthy.

If there was a ball hawking Safety on this Defense it would be so fun to watch. Saints should play Taysom Hill at Safety

LOL!! Good one! The commentators in the last game loved them some Taysom Hill and how he is the next in line after Brees. Ok I get it the guy is a freak of an athlete and can run fast but can he read a defense?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Maybe Payton can coach him up.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:32022356
    Might as well! If Drew gets hurt, Hill can be a 3-way player!
    Lol may as well he has that energy so use him I'd even give him a snap at QB if we're up big
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Taysom Hill can play 1 v 11 on special teams offense and defense and still win 49-0
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Taysom Hill can slam a revolving door

Drew Brees wears undies with Taysom Hill pictures all over them

Taysom Hill can swim in Lava
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I'm glad we're not building this kid up too much

Hilarious!!!!

Taysum Hills tears can cure cancer its just too bad he never cries
    His signature won a pulitzer
    Sharks have a week dedicated to him
    He is allowed to talk about fight club

I wonder if he can QB? I never heard of him to be honest until we signed him.

He had a great preseason in GB. Had a decent run at BYU. I was excited when the Saints got him because he is athletic. I'll take him over Daniel, Grayson, and Nassib.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78:32026175

Hilarious!!!!

Taysum Hills tears can cure cancer its just too bad he never cries
    His signature won a pulitzer
    Sharks have a week dedicated to him
    He is allowed to talk about fight club

I wonder if he can QB? I never heard of him to be honest until we signed him.
    Lol he has something apparently Payton thinks he has his future QB "in the building" I'd have to assume it's Hill

I'm totally cool with that I always said a running QB is good if once we start over after the GOAT Breesus.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

It's quite ridiculous but Payton can coach him up.