Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    x2

I don't trust him either. Let some other team take a chance on him. And how can anyone know if he had matured any since last time?
    He traded away Cutler for Orton, traded for Brady Quinn, drafted Tebow etc. no to mention everyone hated working for him. Plus when he was OC for the rams they werenít good. He looks like a genius because Tom Brady is his QB. No thanks.

x2

I don't trust him either. Let some other team take a chance on him. And how can anyone know if he had matured any since last time?
    The whole hiring process should take care of that question, if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Idk his tenure with Denver was worst and coaches out of the Belichick tree usually fail. I donít trust McDaniels, when Tom Brady is your QB, youíre going to look like a genius.
    Didn't he also put together a pretty solid season around Matt Cassel? Ultimately, yes, he has failures on his resume just as well, no doubt about that. However, he's still among the most respected offensive minds in the league. Could that be because people and the media like to hype up potential HC candidates coming out of NE? Sure, but not necessarily. Could just as well be that people closer to the league know him well enough to respect what he brings to the table in NE. Again, all I'm saying is that after doing their due diligence they decide he's the person they want to hire, I'd be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    The whole hiring process should take care of that question, if they have it.

Didn't he also put together a pretty solid season around Matt Cassel? Ultimately, yes, he has failures on his resume just as well, no doubt about that. However, he's still among the most respected offensive minds in the league. Could that be because people and the media like to hype up potential HC candidates coming out of NE? Sure, but not necessarily. Could just as well be that people closer to the league know him well enough to respect what he brings to the table in NE. Again, all I'm saying is that after doing their due diligence they decide he's the person they want to hire, I'd be fine with that.
    Extremely easy schedule and even thou with some success the offense wasnít the same and again he was bad with the Rams as their OC. I donít mind doing your due diligence but when assistant coach and a GM that you hand picked quits on you, thatís enough of a red flag for me!

Extremely easy schedule and even thou with some success the offense wasnít the same and again he was bad with the Rams as their OC. I donít mind doing your due diligence but when assistant coach and a GM that you hand picked quits on you, thatís enough of a red flag for me!
    Look, I get what you're saying, his red flags are there for everyone to see, but so are his accomplishments. He was young, maybe not ready for the opportunity, maybe not trusted in the right one, it happened. However, then he went back to the Patriots, went on to win two more SBs. Even if you think that's all on Brady and Belichick being GOATs, it's not a solid argument because it's hard to believe Belichick and NE would've welcomed him back if he was indeed incompetent. For better or worse, I think it's hard to take away from him the fact that he is indeed one of the better OCs around, who has been calling the plays at the highest level possible and been successful doing so. That alone does not make him solid HC material, I agree. But if you believe someone who has been trusted for so long to handle the play calling duties for the most successful organization in recent years must have higher-than-average intelligence, you can believe that he's able to learn the lessons in his failures and correct them. I honestly don't know how much he interviewed lately, but it's been reported (or at least I remember so) that he's picky about waiting for the right opportunity to take on the HC responsibilities again. IMO, that alone shows signs of maturity. Without knowing what exactly he's looking for, I honestly think this can be that right opportunity. Taking on a roster that does not lack talent (on both sides of the football), and with the opportunity to play a hand in selecting the QB he wants to work with. I also know Spags hired him back in STL. Not sure on what terms they must be now, but that could be an asset.

Ultimately, I think if you like him enough to hire him, you can put some restrictions on what he can do and allow him to handle the coaching and play calling responsibilities without having to worry he'll mess up on the personnel side again. I understand what the red flags are, I just think that he also has a proven record of coaching and play calling at the highest level, and that alone shows the potential to be successful if and when he's trusted with a second chance as a HC in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Look, I get what you're saying, his red flags are there for everyone to see, but so are his accomplishments. He was young, maybe not ready for the opportunity, maybe not trusted in the right one, it happened. However, then he went back to the Patriots, went on to win two more SBs. Even if you think that's all on Brady and Belichick being GOATs, it's not a solid argument because it's hard to believe Belichick and NE would've welcomed him back if he was indeed incompetent. For better or worse, I think it's hard to take away from him the fact that he is indeed one of the better OCs around, who has been calling the plays at the highest level possible and been successful doing so. That alone does not make him solid HC material, I agree. But if you believe someone who has been trusted for so long to handle the play calling duties for the most successful organization in recent years must have higher-than-average intelligence, you can believe that he's able to learn the lessons in his failures and correct them. I honestly don't know how much he interviewed lately, but it's been reported (or at least I remember so) that he's picky about waiting for the right opportunity to take on the HC responsibilities again. IMO, that alone shows signs of maturity. Without knowing what exactly he's looking for, I honestly think this can be that right opportunity. Taking on a roster that does not lack talent (on both sides of the football), and with the opportunity to play a hand in selecting the QB he wants to work with. I also know Spags hired him back in STL. Not sure on what terms they must be now, but that could be an asset.

Ultimately, I think if you like him enough to hire him, you can put some restrictions on what he can do and allow him to handle the coaching and play calling responsibilities without having to worry he'll mess up on the personnel side again. I understand what the red flags are, I just think that he also has a proven record of coaching and play calling at the highest level, and that alone shows the potential to be successful if and when he's trusted with a second chance as a HC in the league.
    You make solid points , but please use paragraphs, your post is difficult to read.

According to sources, the Giants were scheduled to interview John Dorsey this week for the vacant GM spot. The Browns knew this and decided to expedite the hiring to prevent Dorsey from speaking with the Giants. Apparently Gettleman is the current leading candidate to take over as GM. I hope the Giants take a chance and speak with McCloughan. Total respect for how he helped shape that roster in Seattle.

Does anyone know if the Rooney rule applies to the GM position? If so, which minority candidates are out there to be excited about as a possibility for the Giants?

Please no Gettleman

I want fresh blood.

I donít mind Gettlemen. Panthers were fools letting him go

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Please no Gettleman

I want fresh blood.
    I assume you mean someone with no ties to the Giants and not a rookie GM.

I assume you mean someone with no ties to the Giants and not a rookie GM.
    Correct.

I donít mind Gettlemen. Panthers were fools letting him go
    Same here.

Donít mind Gettleman. Another interesting name out there is Scott Pioli.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 12-10-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    Donít mind Gettleman. Another interesting name out there is Scott Pioli.
    Pioli was terrible in KC. I would rather have the Giants look elsewhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-pioli-exposed
    Last edited by eeek78; 12-10-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Pioli was terrible in KC. I would rather have the Giants look elsewhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-pioli-exposed
    If he could bring his father in law along to counsel him ,I would be OK with Pioli

McDaniel is like a mcadoo move. Good because of a superstar qb

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234