Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mara said even if giants won yesterday he would have axed Reese and McAdoo....which makes last week even more puzzling and pointless, though hindsight is everything. If they blew out the Raiders heíd have a hard time justifying this move until a few more weeks.

Anyway, Acorsi is now consulting Giants with GM and HC search so I love that.

Do wonder if that means Gettleman will be in the lead for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Best of luck in the future to both of them, but this was need. Problem is, where to from here?

For HC, I'm intrigued by what McDaniels could do. Bring him in with a top 3 Draft pick and what I consider to be a promising class of QBs and let him choose who he wants to work with. Wouldn't sound bad, if we can get him.

As for GM, would bringing back Gettleman make sense?

Also, what for Spags? If we're really cleaning house and consider the defense hasn't exactly played as advertised either, should he stay? Could he even be convinced to stay if he doesn't get the promotion to HC?
    I've said it before, my top picks for GM (in no particular order) would be gettleman, Dorsey and McCloughan. All three have had success in the past.

I don't have much of an opinion on the HC. I was in the McAdoo for HC bandwagon before and see how that ended. I would let the GM interview candidates and decide on a best candidate.

BTW if anyone has ďI told you soĒ rights in this situation, itís the Eli fans who were disgusted last week. Just sayin

I am surprised that no one has really speculated what this all mean for the offense going forward. Is Sullivan going to continue with the McAdoo offense or will he make some major tweaks.

Obviously, going with the old style Gilbride type of offense would be a mistake since that oline can't block anything for longer than 1.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    are you counting Cruz and King ?

I just Went back through the drafts for Reese ..
    I think i view it a little different First Round picks I except to hit on .. i know there busts every year but normally for the first round picks scouting jobs are easier since everyone is talking about them .

just see Barden and Jerrnigan as horrible wiffs
    Nicks is a Hit for sure odell of course

Shep im hoping keeps trending up
    Randle had his chance and blew it for sure i can no longer defend him haha

The late round wiffs Reese is famous for davis and a few others

But by no means is it as bad as his CB drafts
    Ross . Prince . Apple in the first
    Hosley in the 3rd..
    Nicks obj shep not terrible. Randle was as talented as any just a moron. Too early to give up on Apple imo
    But agreed cbs terrible kim
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I am surprised that no one has really speculated what this all mean for the offense going forward. Is Sullivan going to continue with the McAdoo offense or will he make some major tweaks.

Obviously, going with the old style Gilbride type of offense would be a mistake since that oline can't block anything for longer than 1.5 seconds.
    Well you're not going to change the playbook, scheme and offensive language mid-season, so I think it's going to be the same, however I'd bet on the pass game opening up a bit and seeing a lot more out of shotgun.

How does Quinn keep surviving?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How does Quinn keep surviving?
    Haha. Heís really invincible. I feel like Iíll see you making the same comment in like 2024.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Haha. Heís really invincible. I feel like Iíll see you making the same comment in like 2024.

Seriously!

It makes no sense. He must have incriminating pics of a Mara or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    2nd overall pick now
    I just hope the GM whom ever it may do not reach for a QB.. i'd love to stock some picks ups maybe trade out of the top 5 so teams can reach for QB's and we can draft a starting OT & LB in the same draft ... Do something that JR would never do,

We can make the playoffs next year with the Wr Core coming back and Eli throwing to them,
    I just get excited over the idea that we can turn a 2nd overall pick into what the titans have done and put around MM .
    In a top QB draft, with QB a huge pressing need, with no top LT in this draft, and in today's league dominated by QBs... you want to trade down? We are lucky to be in this position for this draft. You want to count on a bounce back from a 37 year old Eli who really hasn't been good in several years?

Best of luck in the future to both of them, but this was need. Problem is, where to from here?

For HC, I'm intrigued by what McDaniels could do. Bring him in with a top 3 Draft pick and what I consider to be a promising class of QBs and let him choose who he wants to work with. Wouldn't sound bad, if we can get him.

As for GM, would bringing back Gettleman make sense?

Also, what for Spags? If we're really cleaning house and consider the defense hasn't exactly played as advertised either, should he stay? Could he even be convinced to stay if he doesn't get the promotion to HC?
    Idk why ppl want McDaniels? His tenure in Denver was ATROCIOUS. Dude made Ben Macadoo look like Tom Coughlin. Everyone quit on him including assistant coaches and GMís.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Idk why ppl want McDaniels? His tenure in Denver was ATROCIOUS. Dude made Ben Macadoo look like Tom Coughlin. Everyone quit on him including assistant coaches and GMís.
    X 2.....He drafted Tebow, Cutler.....Brady is constantly disrespecting him.....I think you really got to be an ******* if Tom Brady is constantly yelling at you....and you just won 2 out of the last 3 SB's. LOL

He's without a doubt one of the brightest offensive minds in football, though. I just think he can put the Denver mess behind him, has matured enough and might do much better if trusted with a second chance.

Same way I honestly think about Ben.

He's without a doubt one of the brightest offensive minds in football, though. I just think he can put the Denver mess behind him, has matured enough and might do much better if trusted with a second chance.

Same way I honestly think about Ben.
    Idk his tenure with Denver was worst and coaches out of the Belichick tree usually fail. I donít trust McDaniels, when Tom Brady is your QB, youíre going to look like a genius.

Idk his tenure with Denver was worst and coaches out of the Belichick tree usually fail. I donít trust McDaniels, when Tom Brady is your QB, youíre going to look like a genius.
    x2

I don't trust him either. Let some other team take a chance on him. And how can anyone know if he had matured any since last time?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast