Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,110

    Giants HC Ben McAdoo fired & GM Jerry Reece

    It was about time, McAdoo is a sorry *** coach

    "Killer Instinct"

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Two words... Tim Tebow.

    McDaniels will pick the wrong QB and then will proceed to run the Giants into the ground. The guy thinks he’s B.B. and he’s not even close.
    We'll see. If they do end up offering him the job and he takes it. He's undeniably regarded as one of the brightest offensive minds in the league, though. Also very possible that he has learned from his past mistakes. Mara preaches about having a sort of separation of powers system in place, between personnel decisions and the coaching side. So if he were to indeed come to New York, he'll definitely play a hand in, but ultimately it will be more of a group decision on who they select to be Eli's successor. I'm fine putting my trust into that, as a fan.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,274
    I hope they go GM first then coach. I hope they would go some unexpected route, but mostly I would think that the Giants go with some retread that's a know commodity after this experiment with a coach who's an unknown.

    PROCESSING

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    67,160
    Definitely don’t want to see JMcD in NY.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    We'll see. If they do end up offering him the job and he takes it. He's undeniably regarded as one of the brightest offensive minds in the league, though. Also very possible that he has learned from his past mistakes. Mara preaches about having a sort of separation of powers system in place, between personnel decisions and the coaching side. So if he were to indeed come to New York, he'll definitely play a hand in, but ultimately it will be more of a group decision on who they select to be Eli's successor. I'm fine putting my trust into that, as a fan.
    There is no doubt that he’s regarded that way I’m just leery of that Belichick coaching tree. Between Bill and Tom Brady there aren’t really any OC’s that are going to look bad. Well unless Brady is ripping you a new one on the sideline.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,967
    Josh McDaniels has already been average or worse as OC in St. Louis and as HC in Denver (after he left NE the first time). He's ridden Belichick's and Brady's coattails more than the other two members of Destiny's Child did with Beyoncé.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,365
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Josh McDaniels has already been average or worse as OC in St. Louis and as HC in Denver (after he left NE the first time). He's ridden Belichick's and Brady's coattails more than the other two members of Destiny's Child did with Beyoncé.
    Like Aquaman following Superman and Wonderwoman. (I think Brady is Wonderwoman in this scenerio)

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,967
    I know that hiring college coaches isn't in vogue anymore, but how about Clemson Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney? He's back in the final four even after losing Deshaun Watson.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,274
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I know that hiring college coaches isn't in vogue anymore, but how about Clemson Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney? He's back in the final four even after losing Deshaun Watson.
    He’s a guy built for college not nfl.

    PROCESSING

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He’s a guy built for college not nfl.
    What about Urban Meyer?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What about Urban Meyer?
    Same thing.

    PROCESSING

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,274
    The reason why is multifaceted but it revolves around how much they get a say in. Those guys get to run the program top to bottom. They are the GM, president of football operations, head coach, discipline, and everything needed rolled into on. You don’t get that in the NFL. And based on scholarship restrictions the can basically pick and chose who they want. Want the best RB, QB, DE, S in the class? They can go for it. Can’t do that in the nfl.

    PROCESSING

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Same thing.
    If there is one guy in college right now that I think could be successful I think it would be Meyer though.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If there is one guy in college right now that I think could be successful I think it would be Meyer though.
    He wouldn’t do it. Too hard to cheat then run.

    PROCESSING

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    One of the highest regarded OCs in the league to have a shot at picking the QB he'd like to work with and a roster that despite its weaknesses, does not lack talent. I don't know why that wouldn't be a great situation for both parties involved.



    Well, he did, but it's unclear on what he was actually informed about. It's been reported that he only signed off on Eli coming out of the games that got out of hand, and not the version with Eli coming out at halftime regardless of the scoreboard, which is apparently the version they presented to Eli.
    Because he was abysmal in Denver, drafted Tebow in the first round, turned the locker room against him, traded a player for hitting on his wife, got fired for cheating, became an OC for the Rams and failed, and ran back to NE with his tail between his legs because he failed everywhere else.

    Obviously I'm biased in the situation, but if I had to guess, McD will never be an adequate HC. Some things he probably learned from, but there's enough flaws in his personality that make it hard to imagine him ever being a successful head coach in the NFL... Which is why he hasn't been one for the last 7 years.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •