Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If we go 10-6 or 9-7 and win the division, I bet JDR's job is saved. Who let's the HC go if they make the post season? Well they did it to Bum Phillips after 2 post season failures.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    We speak so highly about Pagano and we are already looking passed him? He is a 34 DC.. Help me to understand
    If Del Rio is gone the new head coach will more thank likely bring in his own guys. Hopefully Del Rio is gone but if heís stays and there is a better DC on the market Iíd like to see him replaced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    If we go 10-6 or 9-7 and win the division, I bet JDR's job is saved. Who let's the HC go if they make the post season? Well they did it to Bum Phillips after 2 post season failures.
    We could go 6-10 and Hack Del Rio would still be our HC next year. Mark isn't firing him regardless, he cant afford to pay two coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    We could go 6-10 and Hack Del Rio would still be our HC next year. Mark isn't firing him regardless, he cant afford to pay two coaches.
    2 coaches? Not sure I understand.

JDR's contract just got extended and he's making like $5M/yr guaranteed. If they fired him, the Raiders would have to pay him that money in addition to paying a new coach north of $7M/yr.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Heís not getting fired. If the cardinals are stupid enough to fire him then forget OC make him our HC. I feel like he can take Carr to the next level.

RAIDER NATION

7 million is chump change even to mark Davis. The nfl is a money machine he will make that money back in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    We speak so highly about Pagano and we are already looking passed him? He is a 34 DC.. Help me to understand
    It's just speculation,JC Penney Christmas wish-book thinking. Odds are we keep Pagano unless someone with exceptional credentials becomes available.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    7 million is chump change even to mark Davis. The nfl is a money machine he will make that money back in no time.
    12 mil in HC is a lot . No way Mark does that...the least for a decent experienced coach would be a total of 10 (5 for Hack).

I think JDR and company get one more year to right the ship, depending on how the season ends. If we make the playoffs and win a game, then no moves will be made. If we don't make the playoffs, and we get off to slow start next season, then that could be it for this staff. There's a lot of football left, so anything can happen....both good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    It's just speculation,JC Penney Christmas wish-book thinking. Odds are we keep Pagano unless someone with exceptional credentials becomes available.
    Vic Fangio?
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

12 mil in HC is a lot . No way Mark does that...the least for a decent experienced coach would be a total of 10 (5 for Hack).
    To a HC yea thatís a lot of money but I repeat if Mark Davis had a chance at a legit coach who has proven to win in this league he will pay and JDR contract wonít be an isssue. To Mark Davis 12 million is easy money. If this team start winning with its a new coach team value goes up and and if they reach the super bowl then forget about it Mark will make his 12 million in a matter of seconds. Owners at that level arenít worrie about losing 12 million if they believe they could get a ring with another coach.

I'm not 100% sure about that. Remember how Spanos couldn't sign Bosa last year bc he was having a hard time coming up with the rookie signing bonus? Or at least, that was the rumor.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    JDR's contract just got extended and he's making like $5M/yr guaranteed. If they fired him, the Raiders would have to pay him that money in addition to paying a new coach north of $7M/yr.
    OK, Thanks

IMO the most crucial coach to replace is Downing. A decent OC and we will be winners once again... maybe in spite of JDR. Arians would be awesome. JDR's seat may be rightfully warm, but Downing HAS GOT TO GO ASAP.

In fact, if we score less than 24 against the Chiefs this week, he should not be allowed back on the plane.
    Last edited by chibberaider; 12-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast