Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you give up for Mike Green?

18 points in 27 games for the Detroit Red Wings. He's third on the team in points ahead of the likes of Henrik Zetterberg. He's a pending UFA. Mike Green has been Detroit's number 1 for this being the second season now. Last year the next closest D in points had 13 to his 36. This year the next closest has 7.

I believe a first rounder is more than possible even with the great draft. If Edmonton can get their game going he makes too much sense to me being a native of Edmonton. New Jersey would have made sense prior to their trade, and for some reason I could see Tampa going all in with that big top four.

Not a first rounder that's for sure because gotta get a D that is controllable long-term if you're Edmonton. Edmonton is probably looking to add OEL.

I think a first rounder is possible. Depends what demand is come trade deadline obviously, but teams seem to really value those first rounders unless they are getting impact players in return. I'd probably offer a 2nd and a B prospect.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Don't see why the comp wouldn't be what STL got for Shattenkirk last year
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Don't see why the comp wouldn't be what STL got for Shattenkirk last year
    The Blues retained 40% on Shattenkirk. Will the Wings retain? Depends who they trade him to.

Shattenkirk at 40% retained, goalie prospect Copley for a 1st, conditional 2nd in 2019 and Sanford. It was a real late 1st and I don't remember what the condition was on the 2nd, and I remember reading that people thought the Caps made out pretty well.

I guess it was similar to what Hanzel got too, so I'd agree, should be somewhere in the same vicinity.

EDIT: condition was a 2nd if the Caps resign him, or Caps make it to ECF and Shattenkirk plays 50% of the games.
    Last edited by statquo; 12-06-2017 at 08:56 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    The Blues retained 40% on Shattenkirk. Will the Wings retain? Depends who they trade him to.

Shattenkirk at 40% retained, goalie prospect Copley for a 1st, conditional 2nd in 2019 and Sanford. It was a real late 1st and I don't remember what the condition was on the 2nd, and I remember reading that people thought the Caps made out pretty well.

I guess it was similar to what Hanzel got too, so I'd agree, should be somewhere in the same vicinity.

EDIT: condition was a 2nd if the Caps resign him, or Caps make it to ECF and Shattenkirk plays 50% of the games.
    Why wouldn't Detroit hold some salary?

Leafs could be a real possibility. Not sure we'd give up a 1st though.

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Leafs could be a real possibility. Not sure we'd give up a 1st though.
    Not for a rental.

He's getting us a first, maybe a small add if there's multiple suitors.

If you don't want to give up a first you won't get him. A second and third is what we got for Brendan Smith last year, it's not what we're getting for Mike Green.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    He's getting us a first, maybe a small add if there's multiple suitors.

If you don't want to give up a first you won't get him. A second and third is what we got for Brendan Smith last year, it's not what we're getting for Mike Green.
    Different markets though. He was one of the best defensemen traded at the deadline... itís all relative. Contract has a bit to do with it too... you need to find a suitor that has the cap space this year to cover the remainder of his deal. I think he ultimately goes for a second and another add on piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Different markets though. He was one of the best defensemen traded at the deadline... itís all relative. Contract has a bit to do with it too... you need to find a suitor that has the cap space this year to cover the remainder of his deal. I think he ultimately goes for a second and another add on piece

We can retain or take a little cap back.

Mike Green is going to be the best defenseman traded at the deadline. Brendan Smith wasn't Shattenkirk.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    We can retain or take a little cap back.

Mike Green is going to be the best defenseman traded at the deadline. Brendan Smith wasn't Shattenkirk.
    Mike green isnít Shattenkirk either though.. and that was also a team who was gunning for the cup... a very late first and 2 okay prospects.. maybe you do get a first but if it is it will likely be a really late first and the only thing youíll get. Green just doesnít come with the same pedigree of Shattenkirk (not that I think Shattenkirk is that much better tbh... but he carried more value in the eyes of the league)

He's not the most durable blueliner in the league. I dont see a 1st in play with his injury history.

What do you give up for Mike Green?

Quote Originally Posted by ajharry View Post
    He's not the most durable blueliner in the league. I dont see a 1st in play with his injury history.
    Itís pretty unlikely that as a rental that would effect his value much if at all

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Mike green isnít Shattenkirk either though.. and that was also a team who was gunning for the cup... a very late first and 2 okay prospects.. maybe you do get a first but if it is it will likely be a really late first and the only thing youíll get. Green just doesnít come with the same pedigree of Shattenkirk (not that I think Shattenkirk is that much better tbh... but he carried more value in the eyes of the league)

Shattenkirk was .6 ppg last season when he was trade, Mike Green has been a .5 ppg player his entire red wings career, and currently exceeding it.
    He's a Right handed shot and he qbs the PP

He's a he'll of a lot closer to Shatty than Smith.

Meanwhile Brendan "one of the better defenders available" Smith was a regular healthy scratch and had 5 points in 33 games as a red wing last season. Then he had a strong PO, as usual, and got a terrible contract that the NYR already regret.

Not even close.

Edit: btw I'd assume we'd be getting the late first sending him to a contender. It's not like a lottery team's trading an unprotected first for him.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 12-14-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast